Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Radio stations of the world you can listen to
https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlo...reserved=0

Oh the wonders of the Internet!
http://radio.garden/live/toulouse/radiopresence
The green dots on this Google Earth map represent radio stations all over the world.
Click on any one of the dots and you will immediately hear that station with very good reception. There are multiple stations for many cities
For example, halfway up Ireland's east coast, there is a station playing Irish pub music.

On the west coast of Greenland in the city of Nuuk, there are 3 radio stations
Any of you who are multi-lingual will certainly enjoy
Wow! thanks Sky.

I'll put this to plenty of use. The problem with most broadcasting outlets is their optics are a large persuader, radio
broadcasting relies on convincement via good wordage.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Thanks  minusculebeercheers
Thanks!  minusculebeercheers  i like it...

I do have grundig satellite 800 also, but  not using it lately, dont have big antenna for it, which would make it much better . The internet has good signal so much better sound quality .
It dont seem to run on my PC...tryed 3 different web browsers. Earlyer today at work using tablet it worked.

Java is enabled.

Any ideas ? tinycrying tinyhuh
Thank you. I am already enjoying it in the background. It might even reignite my wanderlust.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

This thing is awesome!

I used to be able to pick up Radio Havana (or la Rrrahdio Habaana Coobah" as they called it) here in the night time. I'd listen to it in the evenings for seriously slanted news of the world news from down there so I could point and laugh at the radio after I got back from Nicaragua, and later, El Salvador. My Dear Old Dad used to look at me and shake his head "You can understand that gibberin'? 'Cause it looks like you can understand that gibberin..." 'Twas his own fault for trying to teach me German and explaining that folks "out there" don't all talk like me. The German didn't take well, but when you gotta speak a different language to try to make sure your own precious body and soul stay in the same package, it provides a bit of incentive. It's kind of important to know if a particular phrase in localspeak means "stop and get on the ground!" or "stop and take off your clothes!"!

I tried the station in Nuuk, but Eskimo isn't in my repertoire.  Tuned in to a station in Scunthorpe, UK, and was horrified to hear what I thought was salsa, but which turned out to be some kind of... South African maybe?... some song about freeing Nelson Mandela. That sumbitch is already as free as he's gonna get, at least in this Mandela Effect 'Verse. Anyhow, then they moved on to 70's disco. I think that's what they call "eclectic".

Altogether, a great resource - if you can speak the language. US news is increasingly sliding off into fantasy land, and it's becoming more important to tune in to foreign news to get any "real" news. It's getting to be like the old days of the Cold War, when Radio Free America was the only real news people behind the Iron Curtain could get... but in reverse. Now foreign stations are returning that long ago favor to Communist Occupied America.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Awesomeness! Thanks a bunch.

Cool just to cruise around and click.
Thanks! Found an AM station in my area playing polka. Long time since I've heard that type of music on the radio.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]