Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden's E.O.s
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/all-of...2021-01-21
Quote:New president also deploys memorandums, proclamations, other executive actions
[Image: MW-JA615_biden__20210211143537_ZQ.jpg?uu...1cc448aede]

Joe Biden is making use of executive orders, memorandums and more.

President Joe Biden has made aggressive use of executive orders since being sworn in on Jan. 20, acting without Congress on issues across the spectrum even as he calls on lawmakers to work with him on giving more aid to Americans hurt by the coronavirus pandemic.
Biden’s orders to date affect health care XLV, +0.75%,  the energy sector XLE, +1.48%, prison stocks and other areas.
Below is a table showing orders that he signed on his first day in office, as well as other executive actions that have followed or are expected.
Read:What is a ‘K-shaped recovery’? These charts tell — and show — the tale.
And see:Where are Biden’s clean-energy jobs and how much do they pay?
Key Biden executive actions
Subject
Type of action
Date
Re-engage with World Health Organization
End withdrawal process
Jan. 20
Create position of COVID-19 response coordinator
Executive order
Jan. 20
Rejoin Paris climate agreement
Sign an "instrument"
Jan. 20
Revoke permit for Keystone XL pipeline, pause energy leasing in ANWR
Executive order
Jan. 20
Ask agencies to extend eviction/foreclosure moratoriums
Request
Jan. 20
Ask Education Dept. to extend student-loan pause
Request
Jan. 20
Launch an initiative to advance racial equity, end "1776 Commission"
Executive order
Jan. 20
Revoke order that aims to exclude undocumented immigrants from census
Executive order
Jan. 20
Preserve/fortify DACA, which helps "Dreamers"
Memorandum
Jan. 20
Require masks/distancing on all federal property and by federal workers
Executive order
Jan. 20
Reverse travel ban targeting primarily Muslim countries
Executive order
Jan. 20
Stop construction of border wall
Proclamation
Jan. 20
Combat discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity
Executive order
Jan. 20
Require ethics pledge for executive-branch personnel
Executive order
Jan. 20
Modernize and improve regulatory review
Memorandum
Jan. 20
End "harsh and extreme immigration enforcement"
Executive order
Jan. 20
Extend protection from deportation for Liberians in U.S.
Memorandum
Jan. 20
Revoke certain executive orders concerning federal regulation
Executive order
Jan. 20
Freeze any new or pending regulations
Memorandum
Jan. 20
Fill supply shortfalls in fight vs. COVID-19 with Defense Production Act, other measures
Executive order
Jan. 21
Increase FEMA reimbursement to states for National Guard, PPE
Memorandum
Jan. 21
Establish “COVID-19 Pandemic Testing Board,” expand testing
Executive order
Jan. 21
Bolster access to COVID-19 treatments and clinical care
Executive order
Jan. 21
Improve collection/analysis of COVID-related data
Executive order
Jan. 21
Mount vaccination campaign amid goals such as 100 million shots in 100 days
Directives
Jan. 21
Provide guidance on safely reopening schools
Executive order
Jan. 21
OSHA guidance for keeping workers safe from COVID-19
Executive order
Jan. 21
Require face masks at airports, other modes of transportation
Executive order
Jan. 21
Establish a “COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force”
Executive order
Jan. 21
Support international response to COVID-19, “restore U.S. global leadership”
Directive
Jan. 21
Ask agencies to boost food aid, improve delivery of stimulus checks
Executive order
Jan. 22
Restore collective bargaining power for federal workers
Executive order
Jan. 22
Repeal ban on transgender people serving openly in U.S. military
Executive order
Jan. 25
Tighten ‘Buy American’ rules in government procurement
Executive order
Jan. 25
Reinstate coronavirus travel restrictions on Brazil, most of Europe
Proclamation
Jan. 25
End the Justice Department’s use of private prisons
Executive order
Jan. 26
Directs HUD to address discriminatory housing practices
Memorandum
Jan. 26
Combat racism against Asian-Americans, Pacific Islanders
Memorandum
Jan. 26
Directs agencies to engage in consultations with tribal governments
Memorandum
Jan. 26
Pause new oil and gas leasing on U.S. lands/waters, elevate climate change as national-security, foreign-policy priority
Executive order
Jan. 27
Re-establish President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology
Executive order
Jan. 27
Directs agencies to make decisions on best available science, evidence
Memorandum
Jan. 27
Reopen Obamacare marketplaces, lower recent barriers to joining Medicaid
Executive order
Jan. 28
Lift certain restrictions on abortion funding
Memorandum
Jan. 28
Keep aluminum tariffs on U.A.E., scrapping Trump administration’s exemption
Proclamation
Feb. 1
Begin ending “Remain in Mexico” program, “restore” U.S. asylum system
Executive order
Feb. 2
Start roll back of “public charge rule” (which imposes a wealth test on would-be immigrants), review other recent barriers to legal immigration
Executive order
Feb. 2
Create task force to reunite migrant families separated at the border
Executive order
Feb. 2
Retroactively reimburse states fully for FEMA-eligible costs tied to COVID
Memorandum
Feb. 2
Rebuild U.S. refugee resettlement program
Executive order
Feb. 4
Expand protection of LGBTQ people around the world
Memorandum
Feb. 4
Prevent Myanmar military from accessing property
Executive order
Feb. 11
Review supply chains for semiconductors and other ‘critical goods’
Executive order
Expected in ‘coming weeks’
Hey! There's some pretty good ones in there! You go, Joe!  minusculeclap

These are among my favs.

Quote:Jan. 20

Jan. 20
This one is actually called EO on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis

Jan. 22

Jan. 25

Jan. 25

Jan. 26

Jan. 26

Jan. 27

Jan. 27

Jan. 28

Feb. 4

Which ones are your favorites?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
(02-16-2021, 09:23 AM)Freija Wrote: Hey! There's some pretty good ones in there! You go, Joe!  minusculeclap

These are among my favs.

Quote:Jan. 20

Jan. 20
This one is actually called EO on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis

Jan. 22

Jan. 25

Jan. 25

Jan. 26

Jan. 26

Jan. 27

Jan. 27

Jan. 28

Feb. 4

Which ones are your favorites?

I have lived long enough to understand that the leaders always chuck a few bits of food to the "useful " until its time to deal with them. The master of this was Stalin, and so many leaders of today do try to copy him. Always be careful of such things
(02-16-2021, 09:23 AM)Freija Wrote: Which ones are your favorites?

None of them.

It's a disturbing abuse of executive power to try to circumvent Congress and make that august body entirely moot by making "law" by one-man fiat. In most of the world, that is called a "dictatorship". If the occupant of the Oval Office is making "law" via the stroke of his pen, we don't need Congress any more at all, now do we? Their only job is to make law, and their jobs have then been taken over by another while they weren't looking.

Thankfully, they are only Executive Orders, and therefore do not directly impact me in any way - I don't work for BidenHarris, and EO's only apply to those who do. They are just Orders to the worker bees on how to Execute (hence "Executive Order") existing law, not new law. So if I don't work for the regime, it doesn't apply to me.

The real danger is to those timid souls who don't know how to properly flip off a cop who is trying to enforce the unenforceable. Manufacturers of certain products, for example, will likely knuckle under to the Enforcers. That won't affect what I already have in my hand, but may affect future acquisition ability. So the impact on the rest of us is, at best, indirect.

It's a little bit like Congress trying to usurp the power of the legislative branch by trying a private citizen in their Kangaroo Court. That is an activity forbidden to Congress, and reserved to the Legislative Branch. Literally forbidden to them, by law - not that they care any more what the law says. It seems to no longer apply to them. Anyhow, it's a dangerous slide of the operation of Separation of Powers, a fundamental principle of government. If Congress is usurping the power of the Judicial, and the Executive is usurping the power of the Legislative, then what we have developing is just a free-for-all. No one knows where it will stop when the spinning ends.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-16-2021, 09:04 PM)Ninurta Wrote: None of them.

Lemme guess? You were okay with or supported some of the EOs from the former guy who issued a total of 894 executive actions, of which 220 were executive orders?

If your honest answer to that is also "none of them", then I salute your integrity, convictions and principles.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
(02-16-2021, 09:27 PM)Freija Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 09:04 PM)Ninurta Wrote: None of them.

Lemme guess? You were okay with or supported some of the EOs from the former guy who issued a total of 894 executive actions, of which 220 were executive orders?

If your honest answer to that is also "none of them", then I salute your integrity, convictions and principles.

If I'm being honest, I never paid much attention to the former guy's EOs. He really wasn't that important, and had an entire government arrayed against him to halt any power grabs if he tried. I honestly have no idea what his executive orders were.

That is not the case now - this one has an entire government arrayed behind him to support a power grab.

See, the thing about EOs is what I said before - their only function is to control and direct execution and enforcement of already existent law. They really have no bearing on us until one of those knotheads in the Oval Office tries to create new law via EO, which is what this one and his second have vowed to do. Only time will tell whether they git 'er done or not.

So, no, I'm not ok with the EOs of the last guy. I'm not not ok with them, either, same as now. In both cases, then and now, they have no bearing on me directly, because I don't work for the regime...

... and I don't mind bustin' a few caps at any enforcers who come along trying to enforce illegal "law" on me. I never planned on living forever anyhow.

If everyone could leave everyone else alone to live their lives, that would be good. Everybody happy that way, nobody gets shot. But of course they can't. It's not in 'em not to try to micromanage the existence of other folks, when all they have to do to live a long and happy life is to just keep their furry mitts off the rights of other folks, and worry more about their own lives.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Consolidated list of executive orders by president:

President Total executive orders

42  Bill Clinton            364   

43 George W. Bush    291

44 Barack Obama      276

45  Donald Trump      220

Donald J. Trump had the least number of executive orders than the three previous administrations. 

Looks like Joe will have them all beat by the end of his first term; he's not even been in office a month!  
Last I heard, it was at 54 so far. 

Who is the dictator now?  
I am glad to see these were run through the office of fluffy names prior to release. While I have no intention of reading any of the fine print, the title of the action better stoke my self-righteousness. 

EO on ethics pledge? Already covered in law. But I guess there is no law saying we can't duplicate effort. 

Combat discrimination? I thought this was the default position. Discrimination bad. Now we have to combat it? Could they have used a more vague term? Is there any shooting involved? 

Modernizer and Improve Regulatory Review versus Regulatory Freeze Pending Review. No one doubts the red tape is at Biblical levels, but the latter raises the approval authority to the Cabinet or head agency appointee. In other words, nothing gets modernized or improved until Joe or those he appoints get eyes on. Coming from a guy who has done nothing for 47 years but create governmental goobledeegoop, it's pretty rich.   

Eliminate Privately Owned Prisons. While I support the idea, this would only be at the federal level. State and local would not be effected if I am reading it correctly as there is no mention of State Attorney's General.   

Pausing new oil and gas leases. That one is some serious bloviating. Section 208 is the pertinent area. Basically the Feds want to shake down producers. Adjust royalties to account for climate costs. And those costs are what the they say it is. Handy. 

Extend protection to LBGTQ people around the world. I guess instead of injecting freedom, the US military will now be injecting protection. Have a resource in your country K Street is all ga-ga for? BAM! LBGTQ discrimination going on, send in the Marines. Think I am joking? "Swift and meaningful" is the language used. 
I’m going to kind of pick and choose here.

(02-17-2021, 04:12 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Eliminate Privately Owned Prisons. While I support the idea, this would only be at the federal level. State and local would not be effected if I am reading it correctly as there is no mention of State Attorney's General.

The Federal government isn’t in charge of what happens with prisons at the state and local levels. Would you like them to be? Personally, I think leading by example is a start and then maybe people will see the for profit prison thing is one area where capitalism has negative effects and be motivated to work for change at their state level.

My daughter works in the correctional system at a state run prison. Had she found a similar job at a privately owned for profit prison, I would have been pretty disappointed in her.

ABNARTY Wrote:Pausing new oil and gas leases. That one is some serious bloviating. Section 208 is the pertinent area. Basically the Feds want to shake down producers. Adjust royalties to account for climate costs. And those costs are what the they say it is. Handy.

Rah Rah Big Oil! We could just let them have their way in everything they want. Who would that be good for?

I’m going to combine these comments into one reply.

ABNARTY Wrote:Combat discrimination? I thought this was the default position. Discrimination bad. Now we have to combat it? Could they have used a more vague term? Is there any shooting involved?

size=large]Extend protection to LBGTQ people around the world. I guess instead of injecting freedom, the US military will now be injecting protection. Have a resource in your country K Street is all ga-ga for? BAM! LBGTQ discrimination going on, send in the Marines. Think I am joking? "Swift and meaningful" is the language used. [/size]

Be careful, your straight white cishet privilege is showing!
My favorite is very easy to cherry-pick from that list.

"Rejoin Paris climate agreement "
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(02-17-2021, 06:14 AM)Freija Wrote: I’m going to kind of pick and choose here.

(02-17-2021, 04:12 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Eliminate Privately Owned Prisons. While I support the idea, this would only be at the federal level. State and local would not be effected if I am reading it correctly as there is no mention of State Attorney's General.

The Federal government isn’t in charge of what happens with prisons at the state and local levels. Would you like them to be? Personally, I think leading by example is a start and then maybe people will see the for profit prison thing is one area where capitalism has negative effects and be motivated to work for change at their state level.

My daughter works in the correctional system at a state run prison. Had she found a similar job at a privately owned for profit prison, I would have been pretty disappointed in her.

ABNARTY Wrote:Pausing new oil and gas leases. That one is some serious bloviating. Section 208 is the pertinent area. Basically the Feds want to shake down producers. Adjust royalties to account for climate costs. And those costs are what the they say it is. Handy.

Rah Rah Big Oil! We could just let them have their way in everything they want. Who would that be good for?

I’m going to combine these comments into one reply.

ABNARTY Wrote:Combat discrimination? I thought this was the default position. Discrimination bad. Now we have to combat it? Could they have used a more vague term? Is there any shooting involved?

size=large]Extend protection to LBGTQ people around the world. I guess instead of injecting freedom, the US military will now be injecting protection. Have a resource in your country K Street is all ga-ga for? BAM! LBGTQ discrimination going on, send in the Marines. Think I am joking? "Swift and meaningful" is the language used. [/size]

Who are you talking to? It wasn't me. Or I guess it was me after you put words in my mouth so you could respond to in a derogatory manner. At least I hope you feel better now. Glad I could help. 

Have a nice day  tinybiggrin
(02-17-2021, 06:14 AM)Freija Wrote:

My gas tank. My gas tank would love that.

Quote:

Not everything is a cis-trans argument. I took him to mean that foreign interference and adventurism by governments is a BAD thing.

So you think using LBGTQ rights as a pretext for raping other nations of their resources is a GOOD thing?

(02-17-2021, 06:42 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: My favorite is very easy to cherry-pick from that list.

Why is that? The US was doing better at cutting emissions outside of that agreement than most other nations are doing within it. Does rejoining mean we can now go back to belching out pollution like China?

(02-17-2021, 08:25 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 06:42 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: My favorite is very easy to cherry-pick from that list.

Why is that? The US was doing better at cutting emissions outside of that agreement than most other nations are doing within it. Does rejoining mean we can now go back to belching out pollution like China?

Why? In short, it is due to "The Feelz"...

Gut. Heart. Instinct. Intuition.

Zero logic, zero rationality.

But so many clever persons say that man-made climate change is a big hoax. You, and many others. I need to at least try to educate myself at some point, but if the explanations get too scientific, then i can't understand.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(02-18-2021, 01:18 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Why? In short, it is due to "The Feelz"...

Gut. Heart. Instinct. Intuition.

Zero logic, zero rationality.

But so many clever persons say that man-made climate change is a big hoax. You, and many others. I need to at least try to educate myself at some point, but if the explanations get too scientific, then i can't understand.

That's what they bank on. You are not alone, and they are banking on people not understanding the actual science. It's easier to fool people who do not realize they are being lied to, and so just have to take your word for it. That covers about 98% of the human race - most people do not understand the science. It's unfortunate for me that I do.

All of the actual science I have seen on the subject - ALL of it, not just some here and there - says that they are lying. They are not just mistaken, they are actively lying to us. They are just banking on people not being able to realize that, so that they can enrich themselves at the expense of us plebians.

Climate change is real. It always has been, and always will be. It's the "man made" part that is the hoax they are trying to make money with. Don't get me wrong - I DO think we need to take care of the environment, but in a safe, and sane way, a way that does not put everyone on Earth at risk just to enrich a few oligarchs who know the facts of the matter, but choose to lie about them to line their pockets.

And make no mistake - the things they suggest we have to do for the climate WILL put everyone on Earth at risk. Oh, man cannot destroy the planet, but he can damned sure make himself go extinct, and that is what their measures will lead towards. They may not make us extinct, but they will definitely thin out the 7 and a half billion people we currently have down to less than one half million world-wide. Maybe much less, and those that remain will be back in the stone age, trying to eke out an existence on a ruined planet, one that has been stripped clean of natural resources such as cobalt and lithium.There will be no rare earths left to mine, and we will no longer have the technology to make use of them even if any were left.

No more electricity, no more internet, no more appliances, no more ability to build beyond wooden huts. No more transportation beyond on foot or horseback. Cities and urban areas will be unsurvivable, because they do not have enough resources to forage, especially not for the vast numbers of people who live in them now. Some of us may be able to maintain firearms ammunition to hunt with for a while, but eventually the weapons to use it in will wear out, without the technology to replace them. The survivors of mankind will be relegated to living in bark huts, and hunting both man and beast with bows and stone tipped arrows. The natives in the Amazon will have a jump on us, technology-wise. At least they already know how to build grass shacks and bows and arrows, something that most "modern" people have forgotten how to do.

Of course, the rich oligarchs will not care. They will already be long dead when the final scene of the havoc they wrought draws the curtain down. It's their grandchildren and great grand children - and ours - who will pay that ultimate price for their folly.

It's for my grand children and great grand children's sakes that I feel so strongly about it. I would rather they not have to eke out a savage existence on a planet that man once ruled, long in their past.

ABNARTY Wrote:Who are you talking to? It wasn't me. Or I guess it was me after you put words in my mouth so you could respond to in a derogatory manner. At least I hope you feel better now. Glad I could help.

First, let me apologize for not responding here in a timelier manner. I have a friend that is in and out of my life right now because her life is up in the air and she’s in need so she’s been randomly staying with me anywhere from two to four nights a week and when she is here, it is hard to break away.

With that said, also let me apologize if you found my comments derogatory but I cannot be entirely sure which ones so I’ll dig into it and try to understand.

Prisons
Here’s the attitude I got from your comment “While I support the idea, this would only be at the federal level”.

The way this was worded seemed critical of the EO in question by suggesting it is lacking in merit by not doing anything about privately owned state prisons. In a thread like this one, this comes off more like a beef about the current administration and pointless sideism. It is a step forward and while it may not be everything you would like it to be, it seems like a start.

Big Oil
Are you bitching about the government and defending oil producers because you simply don’t like government meddling in private business? Again, this comes off more like bitching about the current administration’s “bloviating” which is maybe where all this “derogatory” tone got started? Do you not like the idea of maybe trying to balance our energy needs or is working to maybe wean ourselves from the teat of the fossil fuel industry not a good idea to you? I’m not putting words in your mouth, just stating how this whinging comes across to me.

Finally the last one where the topic was discrimination and LGBTx protection.

Admittedly, my answer to this one was less than stellar but I did not have the time to flesh out a proper reply. I’m assuming this is my comment you considered “derogatory” but here is what I was intending…

Firstly though, your absurdly hyperbolic and sarcastic references to shooting and sending in the Marines gives a pretty clear indication that discrimination isn’t much of an issue to you, which due to the nature of this thread seems more about kvetching over this administration’s wokeness and fluff policies.

Truthfully if anything, this is what set me off and what I wanted to elaborate on the most but couldn’t due to the time constraints of having an emotionally demanding houseguest.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9113]

This is something that is somewhat of a bee in my proverbial bonnet and I will explain why. As a member of a minority group, I am a person with a lot of recognized privilege that maybe has a little more than usual empathy and understanding for those not as fortunate and feel some sense of duty or a responsibility to stand in their corner. To use a sports analogy, I would be the one to root for the underdog or stand up for the little guy.

I don’t take my privilege for granted. I have not been discriminated against simply because of my minority status ever once beyond my troubled and difficult high school years when I was ostracized, bullied and nearly beaten to death because my differences. To escape this persecution or whatever you call it, I was lucky enough to more or less “go into hiding” and never had to deal with these issues again which is fine and dandy but somewhere lurking in the depths of my consciousness was a certain level of guilt maybe that this I got my cake and screw theirs attitude wasn’t really the person I wanted to be.

I think there is a certain difficulty understanding discrimination for most people that haven’t significantly experienced it firsthand. Typically in Western civilization this would include people that are white, male, cisgender heterosexuals that don’t recognize their own privilege hence my comments to that effect. I am sorry if it somehow came across as derogatory or made inaccurate assumptions when it was more intended to be snark.

As a perceived straight, white female i.e. “normal”, I’m overflowing with privilege and lack of discrimination but should I decide to step out of the shadows and reveal my minority status or be someone less fortunate than me that can’t “hide” their membership in a minority group such as a person of color for example or some other disenfranchised group, should I not have a little sympathy for their plight or understanding of the challenges they face because I could easily be in the same boat?

From a morality standpoint, wouldn’t a country of privilege and a world leader like the U.S. have some obligation to stand up for the little guy/underdog and those less fortunate? We’re not talking about shooting or sending in the troops here. We’re talking about economic and trade sanctions and incentives, travel bans and asset freezes and policies to promote non-discrimination and human rights. The Magnitsky Act already allows us to do this as does the EU Global Human Rights Sanctions Regime.

These EOs and proclamations might be just waving the flag of wokeness and only be window dressing and a shot at good optics with no teeth behind them to appease the whiny left but however problematic or ineffectual they may be, they give me the feeling that as a nation, we are doing something to stand up for the little guy and those less fortunate and privileged. In other words, for whatever they’re worth, I think that at least appearing to be a champion of justice and human rights sets an example for others to follow and I don’t have any problem with that.

’Ninurta’ Wrote:Not everything is a cis-trans argument.
Nor was I making one. I was speaking in general about all forms of discrimination and human rights inequalities and referencing privilege that I think I’ve adequately explained above.

’Ninurta’ Wrote:So you think using LBGTQ rights as a pretext for raping other nations of their resources is a GOOD thing?

I honestly don’t know what you’re on about? Do you have any examples or citations? You’re a great guy that’s been nice to me and a friend but sometimes I think your imagination runs a bit wild.

As I’ve tried to show here, I am open for intellectual discussion and dialog but when its blatantly partisan, as 90% of the board appears from my point of view, things aren’t always as productive as I would like them to be and I’m not always the best at expressing myself so I usually just keep my mouth shut. Believe me though if I wanted to, I could complain bigly about the previous administrations policies and EOs that have directly affected my life or my “tribe” in negative ways or commented about the spate of Republican sponsored legislation currently aimed squarely at making the lives of people like me more difficult but I haven’t said a word as ignorant and as egregious as it all may be. I am not an activist or SJW but while maybe not with a target on my back personally, I do try to think of others and try to bring that perspective to the discourse. Because of my privilege, that's what feels right for me to do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

He might want to rethink doing all the lined up in neat little row issues. Some are problems and some are pure pork. Always pork. Those issues will just set idle until the ability of communal interaction and/or everyone is vaccinated.

We already have pending problems beyond lockdowns. The roads, homeless, drugs and illegals from Mexico, the vaccinations.  Once China starts back their now defunct monetary thing  along with copyright. (Just keep a shitload of ICBM's and related defenses) 
If there is something to manipulate, you can bet China is lead provocateur... 
So bye bye Miss American pie
  https://youtu.be/7yHTpGog0IY   Makes you think your past the point of no return, and maybe it's just a different world. The Covid Epoch.   Like the oil embargo.... an    excuse. 

You ever get the feeling Joe Biden is a one trick pony ?                                                                                                                
GET your "Privilege" vaccination yet ?
Biden is nothing more than a tool for the Globalist Elites.

[/url]

Quote:[url=https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pompeo-other-critics-pan-biden-wh-offer-to-restart-iran-nuclear-talks]Biden hurries back to nuclear talks with Tehran, even as Iranian-backed militias attack U.S. airbase

So when and where do we drop that next big Pallet of Tax Payer Cash? 
Yup, a lot of people Hated Trump, but he saved the Tax Payer Billions!
Because President Trump is Living in Democrats Empty Heads those E O's will keep being signed.
[Image: 2cartoon.2.19.21.jpg?ve=1&tl=1] Trump 2024!  approvedstamp
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-18-2021, 10:56 AM)Freija Wrote:
’Ninurta’ Wrote:Not everything is a cis-trans argument.

Nor was I making one. I was speaking in general about all forms of discrimination and human rights inequalities and referencing privilege that I think I’ve adequately explained above.

Understood. I think we have different optics here because I don't frame thought in terms of "human rights". I'm not really a big believer in them. To me, the entire concept of "human rights" is perhaps the biggest waste of paper that humanity has ever devised. Discrimination happens. Always has, always will - and it's not limited to sexual orientation or race, or any other "ism" of the day. Personally, whenever I get discriminated against, I prefer to just leave their office quietly, slash all 4 of their tires, and just get on with living, considering it too have been evened out. But that's just me.

Quote:
’Ninurta’ Wrote:So you think using LBGTQ rights as a pretext for raping other nations of their resources is a GOOD thing?

I honestly don’t know what you’re on about? Do you have any examples or citations? You’re a great guy that’s been nice to me and a friend but sometimes I think your imagination runs a bit wild.

Sure. I was referring to the same part of the post that I thought you were referring to, but I may have been wrong. it's always a bad idea to make assumptions, but sometimes I just can't resist. that part I was referring to was this one:

Quote:ABNARTY

Extend protection to LBGTQ people around the world. I guess instead of injecting freedom, the US military will now be injecting protection. Have a resource in your country K Street is all ga-ga for? BAM! LBGTQ discrimination going on, send in the Marines. Think I am joking? "Swift and meaningful" is the language used. 

It's a given that the US frequently invades other countries under the guise of "helping" them when the reality is that we are there to take some natural resource or another. Now we have a whole new "ism" to use as a pretext for invasion, apparently with the blessings of BidenHarris and the shiny new EO.

In my doddering old age, I've increasingly take the tack that maybe we should just leave other countries alone, and let them run their house as they see fit. After all, it's THEIR house to run, not ours. I think "Team America: World Police" should remain a cheesy movie, and not become a way of life. As long as they ain't bothering us here, I see no need to run over and kick their barstool out from under them.

Maybe I'm just getting weak in my golden years. No, no maybe about it - that's a given, too.

Quote:As I’ve tried to show here, I am open for intellectual discussion and dialog but when its blatantly partisan, as 90% of the board appears from my point of view, things aren’t always as productive as I would like them to be and I’m not always the best at expressing myself so I usually just keep my mouth shut. Believe me though if I wanted to, I could complain bigly about the previous administrations policies and EOs that have directly affected my life or my “tribe” in negative ways or commented about the spate of Republican sponsored legislation currently aimed squarely at making the lives of people like me more difficult but I haven’t said a word as ignorant and as egregious as it all may be. I am not an activist or SJW but while maybe not with a target on my back personally, I do try to think of others and try to bring that perspective to the discourse. Because of my privilege, that's what feels right for me to do.

Oh, I commiserate! I see lots of partisan posts too. It's just that I never developed the maturity necessary to keep my yap shut. I see over-the-top bullshit posts from both ends of the political spectrum every day, and all of them make me cringe. Some folks go so far off the rails that I have to wonder what their starting point even was to get them so far "out there". I take my only solace in knowing that those folks are not truly dangerous, they're just mouthy. When they get as far off the rails as some I see, I know for sure they can not hit their target, since they have entirely lost sight of the target... whatever it was to begin with. I have no way of figuring that out from some of the crazy things they post. That goes for both Right and Left. They get so far out in the weeds that they become utterly lost, and of no practical use - or danger - to anyone. They are just yelling loud, hoping someone will find them and get them out of the weeds.

I'm with ya on the "Federal EO vs. state prison systems" thing... I think. The Feds only have control over their own prison system, anyhow. They have no say in how the states choose to run theirs. It's not a big deal to me that Biden's EO would only affect the federal System. It WOULD be a big deal to me if he thought he could affect the state prison systems via a Federal level Executive Order too, however.