Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Importance of whole food vitamin C
Just wanted to say few words about this vitamin C , what it is and what it is not.

I believe, that we've been fooled for decades about vitamin C . Isolations like ascorbic acid is not vitamin C, but only small part of it,  because true vitamin C is complex of many different substances that work together and are together as nature intended. 

But not only that, by taking only simply isolation ,ascorbic acid you may even cause health problems .Taking just ascorbic acid can effect copper/iron levels  ...as ascorbic acid may effect negative way to ceruloplasmin, a transport protein that effect both copper and iron lowering it. They say everywhere that it`s good to take vitamin C together with iron, well they did not mention the other effects, to ceruloplasmin .

Iron need`s copper ...so many times iron deficiency anemia is actually a copper problem, copper dysregulation...which mean unbound copper . And both copper and iron are very important to health, so issues with those 2 can possible have big negative effects. Having enough ceruloplasmin helps copper bound to it,which then help correct copper and iron deficiency. So ceruloplasmin help copper be  bio available.

Unbound copper = Bad , it`s not bio available. Unbound (free) copper ions are toxic and can even increase in body, sometimes also referred as copper toxicity.

Bound copper = Good ,bound to ceruloplasmin. body can transfer it and use it where need`s it.

My favorite is whole food vitamin C as organic acerola cherry powder, all natural and no added synthetic vitamin C. But there is many other sources too.

One good bonus of whole food vitamin C is, that it actually has copper in it in the core. So while isolated ascorbic acid can can lower copper, whole food vitamin C actually help getting copper.

Note: Ceruloplasmin needs also animal vitamin A , which is getting harder to find, many products contain now synthetic vitamin A isolates even when the product is like cod liver oil. The manufactures are cheating big time ...synthetic vitamin A is toxic to some degree, but natural animal vitamin A seem to not be toxic.

2 references to read something about this:

https://www.justlivewell.com/whole-food-...vitamin-c/

https://www.deliciousobsessions.com/2015...vitamin-c/

Few photos about what the whole food vitamin C look`s about .

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9077]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9078]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9079]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sounds like I need a class or two before I can understand this OP.  tinybiggrin

How about THESE? I take them and they seem to work well. I know they are good because they are gigantic and taste awful.
(02-11-2021, 04:03 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Sounds like I need a class or two before I can understand this OP.  tinybiggrin

How about THESE? I take them and they seem to work well. I know they are good because they are gigantic and taste awful.

Yeeh i know, it`s confusing..

That Nature's Way Alive! Max3 Daily, has synthetic vitamin A, synthetic vitamin C as ascorbic acid, only one form of vitamin E ( whole food VIT E has 8 ) and look`s to be synthetic also. I would not use it , If you are happy with it i wont say you should not use it , only saying there could be better quality products out there. Minerals/trace are not such a problem...they either get absorbed or not and are not toxic , it`s the synthetic vitamins that i see potentially unhealthy .

How To Tell If A Vitamin Is Natural Or Synthetic

---------------------------------------------------------

Vitamin A Palmitate: Avoid Synthetic Isolates Whenever Possible!

I know i am quite strict with the vitamin qualitys minusculethinking  , I used years all kinds of cheap crap, and then throw them all out, and switch to better quality
(02-11-2021, 05:30 AM)Kenzo Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:03 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Sounds like I need a class or two before I can understand this OP.  tinybiggrin

Yeeh i know, it`s confusing..

That Nature's Way Alive! Max3 Daily, has synthetic vitamin A, synthetic vitamin C as ascorbic acid, only one form of vitamin E ( whole food VIT E has 8 ) and look`s to be synthetic also. I would not use it , If you are happy with it i wont say you should not use it , only saying there could be better quality products out there. Minerals/trace are not such a problem...they either get absorbed or not and are not toxic , it`s the synthetic vitamins that i see potentially unhealthy .

How To Tell If A Vitamin Is Natural Or Synthetic

---------------------------------------------------------

Vitamin A Palmitate: Avoid Synthetic Isolates Whenever Possible!

I know i am quite strict with the vitamin qualitys minusculethinking  , I used years all kinds of cheap crap, and then throw them all out, and switch to better quality

Thanks. I never knew about synthetic vitamins.