Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Supportive foreigner's opinion about the current state of USA
Hello. I have said this multiple times in the shout box, but many do not read it.

First of all, i think that The United States of America is a fine nation with fine people. Of course, plenty of idiots also. Population is 328 million. There can not be so many apples without some of them being rotten.

What makes me feel... helpless... and empathy... Are the things i read online, from Real Americans and the mentality, mindset. These may not all be exact quotes but the points are these:

-USA has been sold to China

-USA has fallen under the command of Marxist leftists. 

-USA is doomed

You get my drift already... Yes, the Presidential elections were stolen. Things are being stolen all the time. Small things like a chocolate bar and big things like who rules us. That is how power-craving greed works.

What? You have stood so firmly, you have shown the path... umm... too philosophical. You bring me huge amounts of entertainment. I don't watch TV or movies but i listen to music and play games. All the good shit regarding those comes from USA. Okay.. not all... but the vast majority.

Biden the POTUS now? half a century in politics with nothing to show for it. Unacceptable behavior near children. Unable to put a simple sentence together. And that dude is a threat to your nation? I know... he does not decide anything, it is the forces behind him... And they are some real life hardcore dickheads. But there are millions of Americans who still believe that the Constitution should be respected. Millions of Americans who still think that the Founding Fathers had good ideas in their minds. There is hope. There is hope.

Fast forward 4 years from now... then it is Biden again, or at least 4 years of some other person.

It is just frustrating to see the quitter mentality comments from American citizens. But i don't know, i do not live there. I have never even visited there. You have survived serious "Shit hits the fan" events before. Why would you not survive this one? Hold your head up high and proceed forward with pride just like before.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(02-08-2021, 02:24 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: Hello. I have said this multiple times in the shout box, but many do not read it.

First of all, i think that The United States of America is a fine nation with fine people. Of course, plenty of idiots also. Population is 328 million. There can not be so many apples without some of them being rotten.

What makes me feel... helpless... and empathy... Are the things i read online, from Real Americans and the mentality, mindset. These may not all be exact quotes but the points are these:

-USA has been sold to China

-USA has fallen under the command of Marxist leftists. 

-USA is doomed

You get my drift already... Yes, the Presidential elections were stolen. Things are being stolen all the time. Small things like a chocolate bar and big things like who rules us. That is how power-craving greed works.

What? You have stood so firmly, you have shown the path... umm... too philosophical. You bring me huge amounts of entertainment. I don't watch TV or movies but i listen to music and play games. All the good shit regarding those comes from USA. Okay.. not all... but the vast majority.

Biden the POTUS now? half a century in politics with nothing to show for it. Unacceptable behavior near children. Unable to put a simple sentence together. And that dude is a threat to your nation? I know... he does not decide anything, it is the forces behind him... And they are some real life hardcore dickheads. But there are millions of Americans who still believe that the Constitution should be respected. Millions of Americans who still think that the Founding Fathers had good ideas in their minds. There is hope. There is hope.

Fast forward 4 years from now... then it is Biden again, or at least 4 years of some other person.

It is just frustrating to see the quitter mentality comments from American citizens. But i don't know, i do not live there. I have never even visited there. You have survived serious "Shit hits the fan" events before. Why would you not survive this one? Hold your head up high and proceed forward with pride just like before.
Very good points made, the thing that makes me feel bad is there are still so many people who think DT will be leading the charge to save all. Its not going to happen, and when these people understand this, the hope will turn to anger, then what happens --- who knows
Perhaps some of the doom and gloom talk is just venting. Part of it is frustration. How does one individual do anything about China's influence in DC?

As an American I feel those things deeply. Not only at the national level but locally too. Part of it is natural. You don't always get the outcome you want when you are part of a group. However, witnessing corruption is quite another thing. 

Some of this is human nature too. Most people simply do not contribute to the tribe. They ride the wave, stay out of trouble, and believe they are doing their part. IMHO, I think they know they have nothing to offer but deflect by criticizing others efforts. If the direction of the country changed tomorrow, they would be on that bus too running their mouth and offering nothing in return. 

This can be a good thing. If we apply the 100th Monkey Theory, good things can come about quickly. The fact the USA still has freedoms (and problems) after 200+ years of difficulties says something about the nature of the beast. It is solid. Yes, it needs maintenance like anything and we are one of those points in time. 

Not being from the US, please understand, the garbage you see in the media is not coast to coast. 95% of it comes from a few urban enclaves. DC, NYC, Chicago, LA, etc. That is where is nonsense propagates. Out in the middle of the country where people still have to work and know their neighbors, things are a lot more stable and in keeping with the Founders' vision. 

Just my 2 cents.
@"Finspiracy" 

The problem is that the digital nature of modern society leaves no place to meet or hold discussions that isn't instantly surveilled by the government.

The entire government apparatus, from appearances, has been subverted.

Kind of hard for individuals to see a way forward in those circumstances.

Big problem on the conservative side: the conservatives, overwhelmingly, just want to be LEFT ALONE.  The Marxists, however, are the opposite.  They want to insert themselves into the lives of others and control them.  One approach is passive, the other hyperactive.  Passivity often loses when confronted by hyperactivity.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

It will probably end like "The Omega Glory", twenty-third episode of the second season of the original Star Trek series.

Here is a small sample of the plot that should jog your memory of that episode.

Quote:During a ceremony to celebrate the Yang victory, Kirk and Spock, discussing the Yang culture, connect the names Yang and Kohm with "Yankee" and "Communist". Spock surmises that the history of Omega IV closely paralleled that of Earth, until the former was devastated by a biological war which Earth had avoided. This hypothesis is confirmed when William produces a very old American Flag, along with ancient documents from which he recites the Pledge of Allegiance in a garbled accent. The Yangs are shocked when Kirk completes the Pledge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omega_Glory
I am going to obtain a 48-star U.S. flag.  Screw this fifty-state version of the country.  It has been nothing but one long series of clusterf*cks and outrages.

[Image: us48st35-l.jpg]

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

To those who dwell outside of the USA:

The MSM makes it sound like people are ready and willing to go to war against each other- which is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever seen! If you believe the "media" urban people are forming armies intent on forcing rural people into following their evil liberal ways and rural people are preparing for the onslaught, safe in their climbing tree stands with their night vision goggles.

The truth is that I live in the largest city in my state and couldn't tell you what ANY of my neighbors political beliefs are, and none of them could tell you mine. Nobody cares. All of us have people (family, friends) in rural areas and most rural folks have people in the cities. Cities and rural areas are interdependent whether the residents would like to agree or not. Cities need the goods provided by rural areas and those from rural areas need the markets and employment opportunities that cities provide.

But some people just aren't happy with that, and they want to change it.

People become extremely emotional over politics, even more so with entire generations being on mind-altering drugs since infancy. As more social media platforms become involved the emotional factors are played upon, then the mainstream media drives it all home with propaganda. It is the biggest psy op in history being performed right before our eyes. Whoever is directing this stage play is programming the citizens of a free country to start a civil war. The weak minded are already bending to the chosen narrative.

The only way to beat them is to refuse to play the game. Don't watch television except for the weather report. If you can't avoid social media "snooze" everyone getting overly emotional about politics. Remember that it is only four years and those years will pass oh so quickly. Think with your brain rather than allowing your emotions to be played upon. If they can't twist your emotions they can't play you.

Forgot where I was going with all that. Oh well, have a great day!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(02-09-2021, 04:42 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Think with your brain rather than allowing your emotions to be played upon.
If they can't twist your emotions they can't play you...

You're bang on the money. By ignoring the emotion-provoking media's attempts at 'relevant news content',
you are starving them of what they value the most. recurring ratings.
minusculethumbsup

What did your ancestors do before television and newspapers? Er... just something else and certainly more
productive!
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(02-09-2021, 06:11 PM)BIAD Wrote: What did your ancestors do before television and newspapers? Er... just something else and certainly more
productive!
tinybiggrin

Mine threw hatchets at each other. At least it kept them on their toes!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-09-2021, 06:11 PM)BIAD Wrote: What did your ancestors do before television and newspapers? Er... just something else and certainly more
productive!

Mine contributed to the immigrant population explosion.
Every family has its special talents.  tinybiggrin
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(02-09-2021, 04:42 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: To those who dwell outside of the USA:

The MSM makes it sound like people are ready and willing to go to war against each other- which is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever seen! If you believe the "media" urban people are forming armies intent on forcing rural people into following their evil liberal ways and rural people are preparing for the onslaught, safe in their climbing tree stands with their night vision goggles.

The truth is that I live in the largest city in my state and couldn't tell you what ANY of my neighbors political beliefs are, and none of them could tell you mine. Nobody cares. All of us have people (family, friends) in rural areas and most rural folks have people in the cities. Cities and rural areas are interdependent whether the residents would like to agree or not. Cities need the goods provided by rural areas and those from rural areas need the markets and employment opportunities that cities provide.

But some people just aren't happy with that, and they want to change it.

People become extremely emotional over politics, even more so with entire generations being on mind-altering drugs since infancy. As more social media platforms become involved the emotional factors are played upon, then the mainstream media drives it all home with propaganda. It is the biggest psy op in history being performed right before our eyes. Whoever is directing this stage play is programming the citizens of a free country to start a civil war. The weak minded are already bending to the chosen narrative.

The only way to beat them is to refuse to play the game. Don't watch television except for the weather report. If you can't avoid social media "snooze" everyone getting overly emotional about politics. Remember that it is only four years and those years will pass oh so quickly. Think with your brain rather than allowing your emotions to be played upon. If they can't twist your emotions they can't play you.

You live in the city, and I live in the country, but your words ring just as true here.

I have been involved in community work, and it has been crazy busy at my State job. I have engaged, and had numerous discussions with those that I know, and those that were strangers to me. Not one time since the election has anyone even spoken of politics with me. Even when the internet was blowing up pre, during, and post Inauguration. I agree that most people don't care about the political affiliations of their neighbors.

I had the amazing opportunity to work with a group of young adults for the last couple of months, and I spent two days writing letters of affirmation for them, as gifts. I was again reminded on how distorted the images of life are on the internet from reality. If only half the young people in this world are as dedicated and committed to family and community as those young people I worked with, then we don't have a thing to worry about.

@"Finspiracy", America has her problems, but it is nothing like what you are seeing in the media or on the internet. For every ten people they show you on the internet that are full of hate, and want war. There are tens of thousands that are compassionate, caring, and just want to be left alone.

I will share this because it again reminded me of how people are just people, even when they are angry or hurting.

I saw a man a couple of weeks ago. He looked angry. He was aloof and barely looked at me when I spoke to him. He walked past me and sat on a bench as far away from everyone as he could. Don't ask me why, but I took him a Chick-fil-A sandwich, and a cup of coffee. I walked over, handed them to him, smiled, and walked away.

He didn't even say thank you, but I didn't expect him to. When I was cleaning up, he walked over and asked me if I needed any help. I told him that I was almost finished, but thanked him for offering. He said okay, and walked away. He turned around and said, "That sandwich was really good". I told him thank you, and my heart was filled with joy.

As @GeauxHomeLittleD said, we are interdependent.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(02-09-2021, 08:36 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: @"Finspiracy", America has her problems, but it is nothing like what you are seeing in the media or on the internet. For every ten people they show you on the internet that are full of hate, and want war. There are tens of thousands that are compassionate, caring, and just want to be left alone.

I will share this because it again reminded me of how people are just people, even when they are angry or hurting.

I saw a man a couple of weeks ago. He looked angry. He was aloof and barely looked at me when I spoke to him. He walked past me and sat on a bench as far away from everyone as he could. Don't ask me why, but I took him a Chick-fil-A sandwich, and a cup of coffee. I walked over, handed them to him, smiled, and walked away.

He didn't even say thank you, but I didn't expect him to. When I was cleaning up, he walked over and asked me if I needed any help. I told him that I was almost finished, but thanked him for offering. He said okay, and walked away. He turned around and said, "That sandwich was really good". I told him thank you, and my heart was filled with joy.

As @GeauxHomeLittleD said, we are interdependent.

I like your posts, and it is an honor to have your post in my thread. You don't stir shit, you offer voice of reason and stories from real life.

Story about the man, coffee and sandwich was heart-warming! Things like these actually seem to happen... but will not make it to the news, dunno, maybe chaos and destruction brings better viewer ratings.

Thank you minusculeclap

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(02-09-2021, 04:42 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: The only way to beat them is to refuse to play the game. Don't watch television except for the weather report. If you can't avoid social media "snooze" everyone getting overly emotional about politics. Remember that it is only four years and those years will pass oh so quickly. Think with your brain rather than allowing your emotions to be played upon. If they can't twist your emotions they can't play you.

Don't watch television? I unplugged my TV in May 2019, with the intention to plug it back in May 2020 for Ice hockey world championships again, but a fucking flu cancelled the whole event. I am hoping i can plug it in to watch hockey this year. I can't stand commercials at all. A movie is too long. A TV show episode is good length, but then i would have to watch the whole season. TV dictates shit. We have, i think 18 free channels and they all suck, except sometimes National Geographic is interesting. There are a whole lot more internet sites than 18. Fuck television. It is a tool of complete mind-control. And during social events, let's say there is me and 3 friends. TV is on. And others are glued to the screen and i don't give a rat's ass about what is going on in TV. To be honest, those situations make me uncomfortable and a bit scared.

"Think with your brain rather than allowing your emotions to be played upon" That advice is pure gold. I can't achieve that. However, I don't think that external sources play with my emotions, the player is within me. I go 100% by heart, and rationality and logic are really weak areas for me.

You too have a great day, and thanks for the reply! minusculegoodjob

-Jean-Paul Sartre
productive!

Well, there are a couple of hundred years of drinking, regarding my ancestors.
Poor fellas, they did not even have youtube to blast music from, and forums and chats to say stupid shit online. tinybighuh 

But newspapers were around then.

-Jean-Paul Sartre