Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Iraq Twin Suicide Bomb.
Here we go...
(The BBC titled the explosion as 'rare'!)

Quote:Iraq attack: Rare suicide bombing in central Baghdad kills six

'At least six people have been killed and 20 others injured in a suicide bombing at a crowded
commercial area in Iraq's capital, Baghdad, officials say.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8974]

Local media said the attacker detonated an explosive belt at a clothing market in Tayaran Square.
There were also reports of a second explosion nearby.
It was the first such attack in the city for more than a year and a half.

No group has claimed it was behind the blast. But the Islamic State (IS) group has carried out many
similar attacks...'
Archived Version:

AP News:

Quote:The Associated Press
@AP
51m
BREAKING: Twin suicide bombings have hit Iraq’s capital, Baghdad, killing at least six people and
wounding over 25 others.

Quote:Officials: Suicide bombs rock central Baghdad, 6 dead

'Twin suicide bombings hit Iraq’s capital Thursday killing at least six people and wounding at least 25 others,
police and state TV said. Three police officials said two explosions hit a commercial center in central Baghdad.
Iraqi state television reported they were suicide bombings. Many of the wounded were in serious condition and
there was property damage.
The police officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with regulations.

The bombings are the first in years to target Baghdad’s bustling commercial area. They come amid heightened
political tensions as Iraq looks to have early elections in October. The perpetrators were not immediately known.
Iraq has seen attacks perpetrated by both the Islamic State group and militia groups in recent months.

Militias have routinely targeted the American presence with rocket and mortar attacks, especially the U.S. Embassy
in the heavily fortified Green Zone. The pace of the attacks has decreased since an informal truce was declared by
Iran-backed armed groups in October.

The Islamic State group has perpetrated similar attacks in the past but has rarely been able to target the capital
since being dislodged by Iraqi forces and the U.S.-led coalition in 2017 battles...'
AP News:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I believe this to be a function of the BidenHarris regime having been installed, reverberating through the world. ISIS realizes they no longer have Trump to contend with, and that BidenHarris will have a lukewarm response at best, if not openly give them a hug (after all, it WAS the Obama regime that gave them life to begin with!), and so are emboldened to pick back up where they left off when Trump pounded them into the ground like so many tent pegs.

ISIS has a lot of lost ground to catch up on, and apparently aren't wasting any time getting started. Biden just signed an Executive Order to allow terrorists from "majority Muslim" countries to start infiltrating the US again after 4 years of not being allowed to do so under mean old Trump...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(01-21-2021, 08:20 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...ISIS has a lot of lost ground to catch up on, and apparently aren't wasting any time getting started.

Well, at least the funding will be available again.
tinyhuh
(01-21-2021, 08:23 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 08:20 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...ISIS has a lot of lost ground to catch up on, and apparently aren't wasting any time getting started.

Well, at least the funding will be available again.
tinyhuh

And arms. I don't know how they survived at all without the Obama Regime and McCain there to keep the arms shipments coming to them.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(01-21-2021, 08:24 PM)Ninurta Wrote: And arms. I don't know how they survived at all without the Obama Regime and McCain there to keep the arms shipments coming to them.

Oh yes... I know of several Iraqi families over there that have garden fences only half-finished.

Those wooden pallets the weapons crates come with, make excellent railings and who hasn't
witnessed applauding Pa, Ma and kids watching the parachuted deliveries descend from the sky.
tinysurprised
I feel like we are entering back into the nightmare of the Obummer era, and not wasting one minute to get started. 

No new wars under Trump.  I wonder how long it will take the sleeping public to wake up to how quickly things change under Biden... for the worse?  

tinyshocked
(01-21-2021, 09:46 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I feel like we are entering back into the nightmare of the Obummer era, and not wasting one minute to get started. 

No new wars under Trump.  I wonder how long it will take the sleeping public to wake up to how quickly things change under Biden... for the worse?  

tinyshocked

I believe that at least some of them will NEVER wake up. They will simply keep drinking the kool-aid and accepting the continual, never-ending, excuses from the BidenHarris Regime as to why things are not going the way they were told they would. Any new wars will be painted as necessary, and a convenient timely excuse will be presented to ally any suspicions. It looks, right now, like that is going to start with their war on the American Right, which is, even as we speak, being painted as "domestic terrorists" to furnish the justification of going to war against them.

When someone starts painting you against your will, it's usually warpaint.