Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Friendly Visitor
'True Love' found this critter above our bed in the curtain.  Known as a 'huntsman' but not the largest I've found.  Certainly big for inside the house.

[Image: Spider.jpg]

Hard to sleep at night knowing one of these might crab across your face at night.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
(01-20-2021, 09:15 AM)Bally002 Wrote: 'True Love' found this critter above our bed in the curtain.  Known as a 'huntsman' but not the largest I've found.  Certainly big for inside the house.

Hard to sleep at night knowing one of these might crab across your face at night.

Kind regards,

AAAAARGH!!!

fartingemoji
That was NOT merely a fart!
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Not much scares me in this World, but Spiders for some reason fucking terrify me, even small ones! I would not last a week in Australia or any other hot country that has these giant spawns of Satan roaming around.

One of the things I'm thankful about for living in this cold and wet part of the World!

tinybigeyes
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(01-20-2021, 09:15 AM)Bally002 Wrote: 'True Love' found this critter above our bed in the curtain.  Known as a 'huntsman' but not the largest I've found.  Certainly big for inside the house.

Kind regards,

I am all too familiar with those guys, they are commonplace here in the woods of Florida. I had a biggum sitting near an eave on the outside of my house a while back. I didn't bother him. Now if it had been inside, well.....

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I killed one about that size or very slightly smaller in my basement about 4 or 5 years ago. My niece saw it and screamed, because she was afraid to walk around it to come and get me, so she figured screaming was the next best way to summon me to do battle with it. I stomped it, and she screamed again... said she was afraid it was going to run off with me, like a horse might... LOL!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Well if I seen something like that I would do 4 things

1/ Kill it
2/ Burn the house down
3/ Burn the neighborhood down
4/ Nuke the whole country
NO, NO, AND HELL NO!

bigfrightened

Kind regards,

DAMN!  huhwhat Can you cook it and is it crunchy like a grasshopper or mille worm when fried in oil?

If I found one with in a mile of our home,,,,,, we're moving!  smirk
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(01-20-2021, 05:04 PM)guohua Wrote:

Kind regards,

DAMN!  huhwhat Can you cook it and is it crunchy like a grasshopper or mille worm when fried in oil?

One of the sickest videos you will ever see, this makes me gag and shit my pants at the same time!

God bless the balls on these people!

tinyhuh

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

Forget it. No way. I'll take my snow and below zero.

Kind regards,

I'm not usually worried about them as I come across them in the bush a lot.  Them and giant centipedes which give me the creeps as those buggers bite.  The spider doesn't bite but hanging in the curtain in the bedroom tends to make one keep one eye open if only for the fact that they are fast and skitter about.  Lot of rain about so these critters are skulking inside.

If I get one from the bush I'll post a pic of that.  They tend to be fatter.

Kind regards,

(01-20-2021, 05:16 PM)Moonmagic Wrote: One of the sickest videos you will ever see, this makes me gag and shit my pants at the same time!

tinyhuh

Saw some Indians in Central America eating tarantulas. They'd roast them and pull 'em apart, eat the meat from inside the legs like they were crabs or something.

Then they picked their teeth with the fangs, some of which are almost an inch long.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(01-20-2021, 05:16 PM)Moonmagic Wrote:

Kind regards,

One of the sickest videos you will ever see, this makes me gag and shit my pants at the same time!

tinyhuh

i use to watch that show. that SOB andrew zimmern had a cast iron Stomach and was a lot braver than i am. no way in hell would i eat some of the shit he did. minusculewtf
[Image: TWBB.png]

Aren't those big ones supposed to be good for keeping those little poisonous ones out of your house?

Wouldn't matter to me, as I just cannot handle any spider, except the daddy long legs we have here in MI for some reason.  I tried the polite route, asking them to stay outside, and I wouldn't kill them.

They didn't listen.

So they die.

The worst are the big hairy ones.  Hubby has to handle those for me.
(01-22-2021, 01:54 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Aren't those big ones supposed to be good for keeping those little poisonous ones out of your house?

Wouldn't matter to me, as I just cannot handle any spider, except the daddy long legs we have here in MI for some reason.  I tried the polite route, asking them to stay outside, and I wouldn't kill them.

They didn't listen.

So they die.

Hi CM, 

From what I have observed in the past these ones sometimes nest up in obscure places.  Upper curtains can be a favorite place.  A ball of web later on fills with hundreds of little ones and the mother becomes pretty protective.  

If the web home is broken then these tiny beasties scatter everywhere.

A time to spray.  Creeps me out if any of them land on me, particularly in my hair.  Reminds me of cockroaches on the ship at lights out when at sea.

Kind regards,

Bally :)
[Image: 4kd0k3.jpg]
(01-22-2021, 07:42 PM)Bally002 Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 01:54 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Aren't those big ones supposed to be good for keeping those little poisonous ones out of your house?

They didn't listen.

So they die.

Hi CM, 

From what I have observed in the past these ones sometimes nest up in obscure places.  Upper curtains can be a favorite place.  A ball of web later on fills with hundreds of little ones and the mother becomes pretty protective.  

If the web home is broken then these tiny beasties scatter everywhere.

A time to spray.  Creeps me out if any of them land on me, particularly in my hair.  Reminds me of cockroaches on the ship at lights out when at sea.

Kind regards,

Bally :)

Spray? With what - a flamethrower? 'Cause Imma use a flamethrower...

I bought some spider spray from Amazon a couple years ago, October came around and a Giant house spider was walking under my computer desk, I started spraying it and that big fucker ran at me like he was Leonidas the Spartan, I dropped the spray ran out the room and either burnt over 5000 calories within the space of 10 mins from my heart thumping or had a mini heart attack ... I dunno which?

That shit doesn't work!

tinybighuh

- Epictetus