Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We are not 20 anymore?
(01-16-2021, 07:17 PM)PuppupSuzieQ Wrote: My son says that his stepfather was more of a father to him than his own father.  He is very grateful and appreciative of all those fond memories.

You win some, you lose some. 4 of the 12 I raised were boys. 3 of the 4 boys turned out to be good men, one is in and out of prison because I could never teach him impulse control or self-control.

8 girls means I did a lot of shotgun cleaning and meaningful glances for the benefit of suitors. I cleaned that shotgun so many times I wore the bluing off of it. One timid young man was sitting there talking to me while I was cleaning it, and mentioned "I'm afraid of guns"... so I gave him a few seconds, and then one of those meaningful glances, and said "That's good. That's very good." LOL! The daughter he was there to see must not have liked him very much anyhow, because she piped up with "that gun ain't nothing - you ought to see the sword he has! It's taller than me!" I never saw that guy again...

Out of the 8 girls, only 1 turned out to be a skank, and the other 7 turned out to be decent women, so I think I had a better average raising girls than I did boys. Now to be fair, every one of those girls was a bitter pill in her teenage years, but 7 of the 8 turned out fine once they got past that.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(01-16-2021, 07:17 PM)PuppupSuzieQ Wrote: My son says that his stepfather was more of a father to him than his own father.  He is very grateful and appreciative of all those fond memories.

I am like that too.

My real father, well... i will pass this subject now. I have no intentions to ruin my mood. Or mood of others.

My stepfather? 100% honest. Hard-working. Wonderful sense of humor, not a joke-teller but finds humor in ordinary everyday situations and shares it. He has a son from previous marriage. But he never put me somehow "below" or "lower in ranks" when compared to his son. He gave us freedoms which we deserved, and boundaries which we needed.

My stepfather is also a really loving and caring husband of my mom. And i am absolutely grateful for that.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre