Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Country Music Thread
I will post here if no one else wants to.  A list for myself if you will.

Ain't Nothin' That A Beer Can't Fix minusculebeercheers
Explanation: Cool ... here is three of my favorites ...

Personal Disclosure: Will add more later minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
One more.

Country music ain't what it used to be - it's been infiltrated by rap!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I like old timey fiddle and banjo music.

I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
How about,,,,,,
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Explanation: ...

Personal Disclosure:  ... minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Country is not a genre I know much about, I know WWJ is comedy, but it is damn funny, we used to laugh a lot listening to this album. tinydrroling
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kGEhX_s2_g[/video]

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU[/video]
[Image: TWBB.png]

you folks know i like to make up little ditty's. this next one caused my ex sister in law to hate me for a couple of months.
i made it up and taught it to her kids, who loved it especially the youngest who was 4 at the time. 

my ditty went like this,

don't cut a fart a stanky stanky fart
i just don't think you understand
cause if you cut a fart, a stanky stanky fart
it might blow up and kill this man

pewwwww weeee.

now if i pulled your finger 
i know the smell would linger
make me run for the door
then it would knock me to floor

so don't cut a fart a stanky stanky fart
i just don't think you understand
cause if you cut a fart a stanky stanky fart
it might blow up and kill this man

pewwww weeee.

i had a couple more for verse, but i can't remember exactly how they went. 

the reason she was mad at me
a couple of days after i taught it to them, i came home from work and she was there and meet me at the door and told me not to be teaching her kids to make up songs like that. said she was walking down the hall at her house and heard him singing what she thought was achy breaky heart, opened the door and heard what he was singing, now he sings it every time he goes to the bathroom. 

nothing like shaping young minds.

Biggrin

(12-24-2020, 10:07 PM)Moonmagic Wrote:

Country is not a genre I know much about, I know WWJ is comedy, but it is damn funny, we used to laugh a lot listening to this album. tinydrroling

that's kinda tame, here if you like raunchy, i'll just post the link. there's at least one song that is pretty racist, but it's funny as hell
Underground albums[edit]
David Allen Coe

David Allen Coe link to album

Cool story and neat art in vid.
for some reason Dwight reminds of a counrty Tom Petty

(01-15-2021, 12:04 AM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: .

Cool story and neat art in vid.

Stafford tunes are great, here's a fun fact. in high school he was in a band with Gram Parson.

he wasn't always doing funny songs,

he also is a fairly talented guitar and banjo player 

this is what he looks like now, looks a little older, still sounds and talks the same.