Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Country Music Thread

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Big Grin 
(07-19-2021, 08:16 AM)Ninurta Wrote: This is a relatively recent genre of country music. Country boys takin' over rap, they call it "Hick Hop":

I've always heard it referred to as CRAP  tinybiggrin

(03-23-2022, 07:03 PM)Americ anBuffalo Wrote: My first love!!!!!   tinyinlove tinyinbiglove tinyloveit 

Two greats! Love these guys! RIP Johnny and Waylon!

Sometimes if you don't make sure the http that's already in box is highlighted or delete it first when you paste the link it won't show up. it put 2 http's there.
when i replied your video's showed up.

Try this use quick edit and look if that 's what it is.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(03-23-2022, 11:41 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 07:03 PM)Americ anBuffalo Wrote: My first love!!!!!   tinyinlove tinyinbiglove tinyloveit 

Two greats! Love these guys! RIP Johnny and Waylon!

Sometimes if you don't make sure the http that's already in box is highlighted or delete it first when you paste the link it won't show up. it put 2 http's there.
when i replied your video's showed up.

Try this use quick edit and look if that 's what it is.
Thanks I have been having trouble in general with youtube today. I will remember what you said. I'll look at it.
ALL OUR HEROES ARE WHORES

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

ACTION ALWAYS OUTWEIGHS WORDS

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY IS NECESSARY
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
You better run!
(03-24-2022, 01:00 AM)Snarl Wrote:

My nephew ( middle brother's son) loved that song. My Dad was a big Marty Robins fan and cowboy enthusiast and had quite a few Marty Robins albums.
My nephew use to say put Big Iron on Pa Pa Big Iron Pa Pa.

One day we were having a get together and my nephew came in his cowboy outfit, and two cap guns on his hips. Me and my brother went outside for a smoke on the porch and he was out there signging a song he made up.

Cowboy Guns Cowboy Guns
Shit, God Damn
Cowboy Guns

We laughed our asses off. Sometime we still tease him about that, he turns all red.

(03-24-2022, 01:13 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: My nephew ( middle brother's son) loved that song. My Dad was a big Marty Robins fan and cowboy enthusiast and had quite a few Marty Robins albums.

One day we were having a get together and my nephew came in his cowboy outfit, and two cap guns on his hips. Me and my brother went outside for a smoke on the porch and he was out there signging a song he made up.

Cowboy Guns Cowboy Guns
Shit, God Damn
Cowboy Guns

We laughed our asses off. Sometime we still tease him about that, he turns all red.

LMAO

I figured a couple of oldies might stir a few memories.  Ought'a delve back to the era of Jimmy Driftwood and stir up @"Ninurta" 's soul a bit.

You better run!
(03-24-2022, 01:18 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 01:13 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: My nephew ( middle brother's son) loved that song. My Dad was a big Marty Robins fan and cowboy enthusiast and had quite a few Marty Robins albums.

Cowboy Guns Cowboy Guns
Shit, God Damn
Cowboy Guns

LMAO

I figured a couple of oldies might stir a few memories.  Ought'a delve back to the era of Jimmy Driftwood and stir up @"Ninurta" 's soul a bit.

Can't say I ever heard of him surprising cause my dad had all kinds of country albums.

He also really liked Sonny James,

(03-24-2022, 01:18 AM)Snarl Wrote:

Cowboy Guns Cowboy Guns
Shit, God Damn
Cowboy Guns

LMAO

He also Like Freddy Running Board,

(03-24-2022, 01:30 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: Can't say I ever heard of him surprising cause my dad had all kinds of country albums.

He was the original Schoolhouse Rock (only the country version).  Wrote songs so kids could remember the lessons they were being taught.

You better run!
(03-24-2022, 01:34 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 01:30 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: Can't say I ever heard of him surprising cause my dad had all kinds of country albums.

He was the original Schoolhouse Rock (only the country version).  Wrote songs so kids could remember the lessons they were being taught.

I thought Johnny Horton came out with that song, My pop use to play his albums a lot to.

[

Here's the Battle of Bull Run

Here's another, well two

(03-24-2022, 01:40 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 01:34 AM)Snarl Wrote:

I thought Johnny Horton came out with that song, My pop use to play his albums a lot to.

[

Here's the Battle of Bull Run

Here's another, well two

Grew up with Johnny Horton too.

You better run!
Video 
[video=youtube]/D_Zc4YpbDAQ[/video]

[video=youtube]/C1gvMgV5ejQ[/video]

[video=youtube]/BfgksXmXFGQ[/video]