Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision?
In trying to think of ways to increase vaccine uptake, they've come up with: 

"Transform individual vaccination decisions into a public act."

Yeah, I'm trying to picture that.   You're in your doctor's office.   Someone asks you in Reception or the Lobby....."are you getting a vaccine" or "have you had a vaccine?"  And then everyone either cheers or boos you based on your compliance/noncompliance?  What?  How could they possibly imagine implementing this?

Well, little do they know that some of us are die-hard introverts who put about as much importance on the mob's opinion as they do ...wait.  I started to say "brand of toothpaste" but actually can't come up with something I care about less.   This would simply make me sneer and ask for my scarlet V to display on my clothing.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...ceDaily%29
(12-17-2020, 01:28 PM)drussell41 Wrote: In trying to think of ways to increase vaccine uptake, they've come up with: 

"Transform individual vaccination decisions into a public act."

Yeah, I'm trying to picture that.   You're in your doctor's office.   Someone asks you in Reception or the Lobby....."are you getting a vaccine" or "have you had a vaccine?"  And then everyone either cheers or boos you based on your compliance/noncompliance?  What?  How could they possibly imagine implementing this?

Well, little do they know that some of us are die-hard introverts who put about as much importance on the mob's opinion as they do ...wait.  I started to say "brand of toothpaste" but actually can't come up with something I care about less.   This would simply make me sneer and ask for my scarlet V to display on my clothing.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...ceDaily%29
 I can not be sure but I seem to remember I have read other crap from University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing that would of brought tears of joy to Stalin's eyes
Quote:"The U.S. needs a national strategy for the promotion of COVID-19 vaccines that unites the urgency and commitment of Operation Warp Speed with innovative behavioral science and social marketing approaches to increase COVID-19 vaccine confidence and acceptance in diverse populations," she says.
The recommended strategies are:
  • Make the vaccine free and easily accessible.
  • Make access to valued settings conditional on getting vaccinated.
  • Use public endorsements from trusted leaders to increase uptake.
  • Provide priority access to people who sign up to get vaccinated before vaccines are widely available.
  • Transform individual vaccination decisions into a public act.
The researchers also recommend the formation of a national entity similar to Operation Warp Speed to steer federal COVID-19 vaccine promotion efforts. "This entity should include scientists from multiple disciplines (epidemiology, vaccine science, behavioral science, social marketing, communications) as well as vaccine program delivery experts," says Buttenheim. "The team should represent a spectrum of political views to depoliticize pandemic response."

Outside of the first recommendation, the rest are very disconcerting. The highlighted section is a huge red flag to me.

How any of those can be considered appropriate or rightful to even be established, is down right scary. 

My doctor told me yesterday if I refused the vaccine, even with my allergy history, I would not be able to fly on an airplane again in the future. I told him that I have seen all the places I wish to see, and have no problem with road trips.

Our numbers may be few, but I am definately a member of the Dig In Your Heels club. The harder they push, the harder I will resist.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Corvid card-carrying commie. Then you can fly and cross state lines and keep your job. Public shaming reminds me of peer pressure from grade school.

minusculechairshot
(12-17-2020, 04:06 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Corvid card-carrying commie. Then you can fly and cross state lines and keep your job. Public shaming reminds me of peer pressure from grade school.

minusculechairshot

I will just have to contact trace someone that has it, and have a spot of tea with them. Then I will get my card the natural way.
minusculebiggrin

• minusculebeercheers 

Well friends, I will go ahead and get one, when and if it comes to a VA facility near me.... Long as it's free for Veterans, I'll go for it. Maybe waiting just a bit to see the results of past shots. A month, two months, by spring....? Well hopefully by then.
I never was that interested in traveling. Yeah, I'm weird.
Don't fly either. Never been in a plane, never will be on a plane.

Shopping?  I do it all online anyway and get my groceries at curbside pickup.

Shame me all you want, restrict me all you want. Nothing will change in my life from how it is now.

No vaccine for me!
 Well then, of course we wish you all the safety you need and new and interesting pursuits.
(12-17-2020, 06:07 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Well friends, I will go ahead and get one, when and if it comes to a VA facility near me.... Long as it's free for Veterans, I'll go for it. Maybe waiting just a bit to see the results of past shots. A month, two months, by spring....? Well hopefully by then.

I got the notice through "My HealtheVet". It will be free to Vets when it becomes available.

I will not get. I can't get it, because of health reasons, but wouldn't if I could. Just by choice.

• minusculebeercheers 

(12-17-2020, 03:25 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
Quote:"The U.S. needs a national strategy for the promotion of COVID-19 vaccines that unites the urgency and commitment of Operation Warp Speed with innovative behavioral science and social marketing approaches to increase COVID-19 vaccine confidence and acceptance in diverse populations," she says.
  • Provide priority access to people who sign up to get vaccinated before vaccines are widely available.
The researchers also recommend the formation of a national entity similar to Operation Warp Speed to steer federal COVID-19 vaccine promotion efforts. "This entity should include scientists from multiple disciplines (epidemiology, vaccine science, behavioral science, social marketing, communications) as well as vaccine program delivery experts," says Buttenheim. "The team should represent a spectrum of political views to depoliticize pandemic response."

Outside of the first recommendation, the rest are very disconcerting. The highlighted section is a huge red flag to me.

How any of those can be considered appropriate or rightful to even be established, is down right scary. 

My doctor told me yesterday if I refused the vaccine, even with my allergy history, I would not be able to fly on an airplane again in the future. I told him that I have seen all the places I wish to see, and have no problem with road trips.

Our numbers may be few, but I am definately a member of the Dig In Your Heels club. The harder they push, the harder I will resist.

Ditto. Been stubborn like that all my life, which may be the only reason I am still here in this world.

I read their list of "recommended strategies" and though "really? that's the best these great minds can do?" because there is nothing in it that would even approach inducing me to get vaccinated.

Can't get on a plane? So what? My flying days are over anyhow. They were over long ago, when TSA started backing lines up to search your ass. I have better things to do with my time than wait in a line to have my nail clippers confiscated, so I've not been on a plane since, and will likely never again be on one anyhow.

Free vaccine? Yay! Yawn. I wouldn't drink strychnine if they gave it to me free, so what makes them thing I'd take a free shot just because it was free?

Public endorsements from "trusted leaders"? Another yawn. Since when have ANY leaders been trustworthy? Besides, both Biden and Harris have already told us that any vaccine developed under the Trump administration, which this was, will kill you dead and then cause you to bear two headed children, How the hell are they gonna overcome that scandalous endorsement to the negative? Just say "Oh, it's ok now, cause we're president, and the vaccine is magically safe now, because we ran it through unicorn crap to sterilize it!"?

Priority access? To a kill chute? Seriously? What the hell are they thinking?

They can't make my decision any more public than I already have. That's just not a do-able thing for them, so that one means jack-crap in the grand scheme of things.

The highlighted area IS a bit worrisome. I no longer trust "scientists" since the globalist have so blatantly politicized the majority of them. so that means jack-crap too, as far as convincing me goes. "Depoliticizing" the vaccine by representing "a spectrum of political views to depoliticize pandemic response." won't work on me, either. They are already doing that with their BidenHarris "come together, right now, over me" kumbaya message, and all I do is look at the RINOs they got to push that message on the TV and say "kiss my ass you traitorous bastard", although I do occasionally switch up to "get thee behind me, Satan... you traitorous bastard" too. I can't see my response to a broad-political-spectrum vaccine promotion propaganda campaign being much different to that.

So, for us Luddite types, they really ain't got nothin' to extract our heels from the dirt mounds those heels are digging.

I am no man's guinea pig, nor will I ever stand still on purpose to let someone stab me.

Not gonna happen. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-17-2020, 02:05 PM)Wallfire Wrote:  I can not be sure but I seem to remember I have read other crap from University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing that would of brought tears of joy to Stalin's eyes

I can't believe how widely people are accepting authoritarianism.
(12-17-2020, 03:25 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Outside of the first recommendation, the rest are very disconcerting. The highlighted section is a huge red flag to me.

Yep. 

So they don't even care about allergy history.  I'm not surprised.   When I read that "experts" recommended people still consider vaccines even if they've had a G-B reaction, "just get it in your doctor's office" when the reaction may not happen until that night or the next day, I knew the "experts" didn't give a damn about individual lives.
(12-17-2020, 07:55 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 03:25 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Ditto. Been stubborn like that all my life, which may be the only reason I am still here in this world.

I read their list of "recommended strategies" and though "really? that's the best these great minds can do?" because there is nothing in it that would even approach inducing me to get vaccinated.

Can't get on a plane? So what? My flying days are over anyhow. They were over long ago, when TSA started backing lines up to search your ass. I have better things to do with my time than wait in a line to have my nail clippers confiscated, so I've not been on a plane since, and will likely never again be on one anyhow.

Free vaccine? Yay! Yawn. I wouldn't drink strychnine if they gave it to me free, so what makes them thing I'd take a free shot just because it was free?

Public endorsements from "trusted leaders"? Another yawn. Since when have ANY leaders been trustworthy? Besides, both Biden and Harris have already told us that any vaccine developed under the Trump administration, which this was, will kill you dead and then cause you to bear two headed children, How the hell are they gonna overcome that scandalous endorsement to the negative? Just say "Oh, it's ok now, cause we're president, and the vaccine is magically safe now, because we ran it through unicorn crap to sterilize it!"?

Priority access? To a kill chute? Seriously? What the hell are they thinking?

They can't make my decision any more public than I already have. That's just not a do-able thing for them, so that one means jack-crap in the grand scheme of things.

The highlighted area IS a bit worrisome. I no longer trust "scientists" since the globalist have so blatantly politicized the majority of them. so that means jack-crap too, as far as convincing me goes. "Depoliticizing" the vaccine by representing "a spectrum of political views to depoliticize pandemic response." won't work on me, either. They are already doing that with their BidenHarris "come together, right now, over me" kumbaya message, and all I do is look at the RINOs they got to push that message on the TV and say "kiss my ass you traitorous bastard", although I do occasionally switch up to "get thee behind me, Satan... you traitorous bastard" too. I can't see my response to a broad-political-spectrum vaccine promotion propaganda campaign being much different to that.

So, for us Luddite types, they really ain't got nothin' to extract our heels from the dirt mounds those heels are digging.

I am no man's guinea pig, nor will I ever stand still on purpose to let someone stab me.

Not gonna happen. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture...

We're on the same page.
(12-17-2020, 11:21 PM)drussell41 Wrote: Yep. 

So they don't even care about allergy history.  I'm not surprised.   When I read that "experts" recommended people still consider vaccines even if they've had a G-B reaction, "just get it in your doctor's office" when the reaction may not happen until that night or the next day, I knew the "experts" didn't give a damn about individual lives.

Because they are claiming that the vaccine is made from a synthetic material, manufactured with new genetic technology. 

Supposedly it is manufactured generic material, they call it synthetic messenger RNA

It supposedly works by sending instructions for direct protein production in the cells.

They claim they have succeeded with precise tweaking of the synthetic mRNA and by injecting people with it, any cell in the body could be transformed into an on-demand drug factory.

They have been working on this miracle for years and up to now, no mRNA vaccine or drug has ever won approval.

So we are supposed to believe that they finally figured it out. I don't. I don't trust them, and I am not playing guinea pig.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the-...cine-race/

• minusculebeercheers 

(12-17-2020, 06:07 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Well friends, I will go ahead and get one, when and if it comes to a VA facility near me.... Long as it's free for Veterans, I'll go for it. Maybe waiting just a bit to see the results of past shots. A month, two months, by spring....? Well hopefully by then.

I think it's good we have people deciding to do different things.   My husband plans on getting it.  I figure it may ensure that at least one of us will be alive to take care of the cats.   If the vaccine destroys him, I will be unvaccinated.   If COVID-19 destroys me because I was unvaccinated, maybe vaccination will have saved him. 

I just hope we remain free to make the decision ourselves and that the coercion doesn't become too extreme.
(12-18-2020, 12:05 AM)drussell41 Wrote: I think it's good we have people deciding to do different things.   My husband plans on getting it.  I figure it may ensure that at least one of us will be alive to take care of the cats.   If the vaccine destroys him, I will be unvaccinated.   If COVID-19 destroys me because I was unvaccinated, maybe vaccination will have saved him. 

I just hope we remain free to make the decision ourselves and that the coercion doesn't become too extreme.

Well they have nothing to fear from us. They have been vaccinated so they are protected.

They can sit back and watch us die off, or not.

I am banking on natural immunity. I got a bug back around 2009 that I got from a medically fragile child, that they could not identify. Culture and sensitivity test came back, organism unknown. 

I was so sick the first week I didn't think I would make it. I completely lost the ability to speak for weeks. I didn't get back to my full self for about six weeks. I have not been sick since, and I have been exposed to tons of people with the flu and with colds. No masks, no protection, outside of hand washing and good hygeine. And didn't catch any of it.

I doubt it is worse than that mystery bug. If it is, I will just have to endure it and be done with it.

I am not afraid of dying from it, but if I do, then it just means my time was up.

• minusculebeercheers 

I did receive an email from Jim's nursing home, stating that soon they will be getting the vaccine and provided family members with literature to read and if we have any questions, to call them.

They also stated that regardless of our decision, it will not affect their stay or medical coverage.

After reading the info, and talking to my sister, a couple of friends, I think I will opt out at this time for Jim.

Reason being, it clearly states that it is not FDA approved, it is still in trial testing and it may or may not prevent covid.

And with Jim's cognitive issues & Parkinson's,  I do not want to make it worse by injecting him with what is basically, an experimental vaccine.

Only 20,000 people are in the study trial and not all have had the second injection according to the the info provided. 

Now my sister on the other hand, due to her work and her fear of being furloughed again, got her first shot yesterday. She thinks that with her being vaccinated, they will more than likely keep her on, especially if she volunteers to work with covid patients if need be.

Margie is more worried about the long term side effects, rather than right now. 

Only time will tell.

Fingers crossed, all will be okay for everyone taking it!! 
And that it works.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(12-17-2020, 11:52 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Because they are claiming that the vaccine is made from a synthetic material, manufactured with new genetic technology. 

Supposedly it is manufactured generic material, they call it synthetic messenger RNA

It supposedly works by sending instructions for direct protein production in the cells.

They claim they have succeeded with precise tweaking of the synthetic mRNA and by injecting people with it, any cell in the body could be transformed into an on-demand drug factory.

They have been working on this miracle for years and up to now, no mRNA vaccine or drug has ever won approval.

So we are supposed to believe that they finally figured it out. I don't. I don't trust them, and I am not playing guinea pig.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the-...cine-race/

Synthetic food is still food.

Synthetic poison is still poison.

So I'm guessing synthetic RNA is still RNA, and it still does what RNA does.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-17-2020, 04:06 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Corvid card-carrying commie. Then you can fly and cross state lines and keep your job. Public shaming reminds me of peer pressure from grade school.

minusculechairshot

You can drive, though. Come and get me you covid commie bastards !

minusculebonker
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Wow, I wonder what on earth it was.