Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A very sweet, gentle kitten died today
We had to euthanize one of the new kittens, 18 m/o Ronin.  He was within 48-72 hrs of dying from either drowning in his own fluids or bleeding out.   On top of wet FIP, he had an autoimmune reaction that was destroying his platelets and rbcs.   He went from feeling spunky enough at the vet's two weeks ago to get his vaccinations that they had use a burst of gas to handle him.  "I'll put you all in the ER!" to someone the vet said looked and acted much, much older.   If it had just been the FIP, we could have kept him alive for a while with steroids.  But with the autoimmune reaction and no rbcs/platelets, it wasn't possible.  Yes, I blame the vaccines for hastening his death.  He probably would have died of FIP regardless, but maybe at least he could have made it to 2 y/o old-full adulthood first.  

Extremely upset and heartbroken.   He was the most gentle kitten with his claws.   So sweet.  :(

I rescued him about 12 months ago, along with his brother.   They were were close to death; starving, sick, freezing. I worked hard with meds to save them.   He was such a joy.  He was solid black.  He loved to play with laser light and fingers.  He was just starting to get his full adult bone structure. 

I will never vaccinate a cat again without first doing a blood panel to make sure they're healthy enough to even get a vax.   I wish I had known. I wish I could have had more time with him.
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your fur baby.   tinycrying 

Losing a pet is, to me, as hard as losing a family member. Your kitten will remember you when you leave this earth and greet you on the other side.  I really do believe this.

Bless it.

[Image: Rip_cat.jpg]
(12-15-2020, 05:51 PM)drussell41 Wrote: We had to euthanize one of the new kittens, 18 m/o Ronin.  He was within 48-72 hrs of dying from either drowning in his own fluids or bleeding out.   On top of wet FIP, he had an autoimmune reaction that was destroying his platelets and rbcs.   He went from feeling spunky enough at the vet's two weeks ago to get his vaccinations that they had use a burst of gas to handle him.  "I'll put you all in the ER!" to someone the vet said looked and acted much, much older.   If it had just been the FIP, we could have kept him alive for a while with steroids.  But with the autoimmune reaction and no rbcs/platelets, it wasn't possible.  Yes, I blame the vaccines for hastening his death.  He probably would have died of FIP regardless, but maybe at least he could have made it to 2 y/o old-full adulthood first.  

Extremely upset and heartbroken.   He was the most gentle kitten with his claws.   So sweet.  :(

I rescued him about 12 months ago, along with his brother.   They were were close to death; starving, sick, freezing. I worked hard with meds to save them.   He was such a joy.  He was solid black.  He loved to play with laser light and fingers.  He was just starting to get his full adult bone structure. 

I will never vaccinate a cat again without first doing a blood panel to make sure they're healthy enough to even get a vax.   I wish I had known.  I wish I could have had more time with him.

It is always painful when one our pets leave us. My Enoch was being super bratty earlier,  I guess I should have been counting my blessing.

So sorry he left, he sounds like he left some found memories. Thanks for the advice.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

[Image: il-1140x-N-2277664110-m8un.jpg]
I’m so sorry for your loss. 

It’s always hard to say goodbye and it feels like they take a part of us when they go.
(12-15-2020, 06:06 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I'm so sorry to hear you lost your fur baby.   tinycrying 

Losing a pet is, to me, as hard as losing a family member. Your kitten will remember you when you leave this earth and greet you on the other side.  I really do believe this.

Bless it.

[Image: Rip_cat.jpg]
 Thank you.

As I held him in my arms, I told him that I hoped to see him after I died.
(12-15-2020, 06:10 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: [Image: il-1140x-N-2277664110-m8un.jpg]

Yes, I will.
Cats are like Daughters.... you never want to give them  up, and they can really do nothing wrong or that won't be quickly forgiven.  They are God's array of Jewels that He has given Mankind. And you never forget them no matter the days that follow them leaving.
(12-15-2020, 06:16 PM)VioletDove Wrote: I’m so sorry for your loss. 

It’s always hard to say goodbye and it feels like they take a part of us when they go.

They do.  I have lost so many animals and people I've loved dearly that sometimes there feels like there's just a huge, hollow hole where all those lives used to be.
(12-15-2020, 05:51 PM)drussell41 Wrote: We had to euthanize one of the new kittens, 18 m/o Ronin.  He was within 48-72 hrs of dying from either drowning in his own fluids or bleeding out.   On top of wet FIP, he had an autoimmune reaction that was destroying his platelets and rbcs.   He went from feeling spunky enough at the vet's two weeks ago to get his vaccinations that they had use a burst of gas to handle him.  "I'll put you all in the ER!" to someone the vet said looked and acted much, much older.   If it had just been the FIP, we could have kept him alive for a while with steroids.  But with the autoimmune reaction and no rbcs/platelets, it wasn't possible.  Yes, I blame the vaccines for hastening his death.  He probably would have died of FIP regardless, but maybe at least he could have made it to 2 y/o old-full adulthood first.  

I will never vaccinate a cat again without first doing a blood panel to make sure they're healthy enough to even get a vax.   I wish I had known.  I wish I could have had more time with him.
If something lives it must die, thats why one must be brave to love
@"drussell41" 
Sorry to hear of your loss, I just don't know how to respond properly, never owned a pet.
But I am thinking they are like children/family to many and are cherished just as much.
Sorry.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Sorry to hear that, @"drussell41" .

--
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(12-15-2020, 06:33 PM)Wallfire Wrote: If something lives it must die, thats why one must be brave to love
true
(12-15-2020, 06:35 PM)guohua Wrote: @"drussell41" 
Sorry to hear of your loss, I just don't know how to respond properly, never owned a pet.
But I am thinking they are like children/family to many and are cherished just as much.
Sorry.

They are definitely family.  People have died staying in evacuation zones because they couldn't take their animals with them....have died trying to rescue them.   When you bond as a mammal, you bond.
Truly sorry for your loss. The little critters are family. I miss my little PC buddy. She was 20 when we had to let her go. I am still working on the wife to get two more. I think losing Snickers was hard on her. Once again sorry for your loss.
[Image: 1-K4ftl-Er6o-v-Zp82-We-Qs-OYA.png]

[Image: beautiful-cats-11-1.jpg]

[Image: c8f6b918c006f22010313a3bd0d09210-ginger-...r-cats.jpg]

[Image: f173157be9553b238059ba1e529b4780.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: worlds-most-beautiful-cats-47-57fc93324976e-700.jpg]

[Image: worlds-most-beautiful-cats-1-57fb53b6755fc-700.jpg]

[Image: cat-loss-sympathy-messages.jpg]
(12-15-2020, 07:11 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Truly sorry for your loss. The little critters are family. I miss my little PC buddy. She was 20 when we had to let her go. I am still working on the wife to get two more. I think losing Snickers was hard on her. Once again sorry for your loss.

Thanks; I hope you guys can get more soon.