Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genesis Apologetics
I came across this group that are trying to debunk the evolution theory by using Christian beliefs and creationism . 

There are videos in the link if interested. But what I find interesting is it also could prove ET involvement in our dna. 

Anyways, a short description and link to enjoy on your Friday night . 

Quote:Millions of people stream into Natural History Museums every year where they are presented the idea that life evolved on earth over millions of years. Is there a different view? Yes, there certainly is, and we believe the Bible presents the viewpoint about origins and earth’s history that actually fits the evidence. This movie takes on the leading 12 evolutionary icons presented in museums: the Human-Chimp 99% Myth, key ape-to-human icons like Ardipithecus ramidus, “Lucy” the Australopithecus, Homo habilis, Neanderthals, Darwin’s Finches, the fossil record and transitional forms, Continental drift and Pangea, Dinosaurs, Whale Evolution, Historical vs. Observational Science, and Deep Time based on Radiometric Dating. Staged as an interaction between a secular museum docent and a well-versed creationist, the actors go head-to-head on contrasting views over these major evolutionary icons. The Genesis Impact movie (released this Fall!) is just the start—for those who want to dive deeper into a Biblical worldview on the 12 leading “evolutionary icons” presented in Museums, we are developing 12 training videos and a museum guidebook.

https://genesisapologetics.com/impact/?f...WGNWnCpk8M

The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
I haven't watched it yet, but I'll go ahead and jump in anyway. 

I don't remember for sure where I heard this, but I'm thinking it was Sylvia Browne, and maybe others as well, who said that the countries were split among the different ET races to "experiment" on our DNA.
That's why the people in each country look different than other countries. 

You have Asian
You have Indian (not Native American)
You have Middle Eastern
You have Mexican
You have Ireland
You have Europe
You have Canadians

If you think about it, why do we all look different?  There had to be some tinkering in there somewhere, it's only logical.
(12-12-2020, 03:21 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I haven't watched it yet, but I'll go ahead and jump in anyway. 

I don't remember for sure where I heard this, but I'm thinking it was Sylvia Browne, and maybe others as well, who said that the countries were split among the different ET races to "experiment" on our DNA.

You have Asian
You have Middle Eastern
You have Mexican
You have Ireland
You have Europe
You have Canadians

If you think about it, why do we all look different?  There had to be some tinkering in there somewhere, it's only logical.

The video is an hour long, but well worth a watch. It focuses on human evolution and how the evidence doesn't add up to us being related to primates and we were here longer than they proclaim. It asks hard questions about the evidence which can't be answered but only by speculation and educated guesses. Is it God or was it aliens ?
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
OK, here goes....... Before we start, it's faith that many of us trust in, ......So Biblical wins out. Tell you what I think after I watch this video.

I don't like this girl, the feigning doesn't become her, it exudes a certain spurious presence. She seems less than sincere.  ....well there's much more to watch...

I really find her guile off-putting.

I find this very taxing.....

Between every color is twenty minutes

...the stalled quivering hesitant voice makes it all the more deceitful, stop........ Ah, it was just a movie. 
(12-12-2020, 03:28 AM)kdog Wrote: The video is an hour long, but well worth a watch. It focuses on human evolution and how the evidence doesn't add up to us being related to primates and we were here longer than they proclaim. It asks hard questions about the evidence which can't be answered but only by speculation and educated guesses. Is it God or was it aliens ?

All I can tell you for sure is that I never came from a friggin' monkey.   However, I have seen some people who look like their cousin. tinydrroling
(12-11-2020, 10:58 PM)kdog Wrote: I came across this group that are trying to debunk the evolution theory by using Christian beliefs and creationism . 

That's not possible, any more than one could use apples to debunk automotive transmissions. You can't debunk science using religion any more than you can debunk religion using science. The two are entirely different fields of endeavor. They are not mutually exclusive, they do not intersect, they just coexist, although the past few years, science HAS been taking on the trappings and overtones of a religion more and more.

If one believes evolutionary theory to be a science, then in order to debunk evolution, one has to use science, which I believe was adequately done - the debunking of evolution by science - many years ago.

So far, and to date, no one has observed one species transforming into another (as is required of a scientific proof), not that I am aware of, anyhow. Evolution is not real science, and neither is the so-called "Creation Science". Both are religions, demanding unwavering belief of their adherents, and both try to sneak under the radar of "science".

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I watched it, and the first 45 minutes or so were great, using logic to debunk the entire theory, but then they got into the real pitch of the movie, which was "because... God" which is sure to turn off their target audience. For the people they are after, saying "because... God" is no different than saying "because... science!" - both are arcane and unfathomable concepts to the majority of their targets.

I think their purpose would have been better served by just laying the logic out in the debate, thoroughly shredding the evolutionary theory, and then just leaving it laying there in tatters and waiting on folks to mull it over, then see which ones asked "so what's the alternative, and why?" THOSE folks, the ones who asked the question, would have been the ones more susceptible to conversion.

But, with the modern proselytization or "missionary" push of nearly all churches these days, I don't guess they were able to think that through before some missionary board climbed up on their backs. Some times, you just can't win.

I believe God comes to you, draws you, and that you don't just storm Heaven's gate and try to force your way in of your own accord. I just can't see that working out well.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Ninurta" 

Quote:although the past few years, science HAS been taking on the trappings and overtones of a religion more and more.

Yeah, that, and the unwillingness of pure Science to cast out those who practice $cience -- you know, the stuff that assures us if we just consume more of a particular product, we'll be better cancer-proofed etc.  "Science" is currently a trade, and that is a problem for society.  It needs to be a true profession, that is, an endeavor that is aware of its responsibilities to society and which has safeguards built in to discourage activity that operates against the interests of society.

More broadly, it is part of the cult that worships "expertise" whether such "expertise" is truly expert or not.  This is a big issue with the current government handling of COVID.  The politicians are unwilling to make decisions and defer to various "experts" -- who could care less about the big picture.  Thus, lockdowns without end and other questionable approaches to a public health issue.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(12-12-2020, 03:21 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I haven't watched it yet, but I'll go ahead and jump in anyway. 

You have Asian
You have Middle Eastern
You have Mexican
You have Ireland
You have Europe
You have Canadians

Well my Heinz 67 family must be from the backyard redneck group of aliens, because the pattern in my family seems to go from cousin to cousin.

If you look at our family photo albums, brothers and sisters together,  look like they are cousins, and when you see pictures of the cousins together, they look like they are brothers and sisters. 

Now that would not be too strange, but when you take into consideration, how diverse my family is, it starts to look a bit spooky. On more than one occasion the old family albums have to be pulled out to identify where an unusual genetic combo of our progeny originated.

It has been whispered that on more than one occasion, a DNA test has been clandestinely performed to assuage a few with lingering doubts.
tinylaughing

My family. Got to love them.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(12-12-2020, 03:28 AM)kdog Wrote: The video is an hour long, but well worth a watch. It focuses on human evolution and how the evidence doesn't add up to us being related to primates and we were here longer than they proclaim. It asks hard questions about the evidence which can't be answered but only by speculation and educated guesses. Is it God or was it aliens ?

Maybe it is a simple case of "tomatoe, tomato".
minusculebiggrin

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(12-14-2020, 08:40 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

Quote:although the past few years, science HAS been taking on the trappings and overtones of a religion more and more.

Yeah, that, and the unwillingness of pure Science to cast out those who practice $cience -- you know, the stuff that assures us if we just consume more of a particular product, we'll be better cancer-proofed etc.  "Science" is currently a trade, and that is a problem for society.  It needs to be a true profession, that is, an endeavor that is aware of its responsibilities to society and which has safeguards built in to discourage activity that operates against the interests of society.

More broadly, it is part of the cult that worships "expertise" whether such "expertise" is truly expert or not.  This is a big issue with the current government handling of COVID.  The politicians are unwilling to make decisions and defer to various "experts" -- who could care less about the big picture.  Thus, lockdowns without end and other questionable approaches to a public health issue.

Cheers

Science has become a business sold to the highest bidder these days. Don't like the results of an experiment or the conclusions of a study? No problem - just give them a bigger grant and more clearly explain what it is you want them to find, or just shop around until you find a lab that will return the results you are seeking...

... but that's not really "science", it's just plain old commerce.

I don't know why many people feel the need to reconcile science with religion.  One doesn't preclude the other's existence.  I've heard people say science is the death of God.  I think the opposite is true.  The more I've come to understand earth and the universe, the more I come to understand how rare this planet is.  There may be many habitable planets, but that just goes to show the sheer size of the universe.  It all had to come from something.

As far as evolution goes, I believe in it.  Examples abound in the animal kingdom, such as camels adapting humps to endure the harsh desert regions.  Siberian tigers have longer and thicker fur to help endure the harsh winter environment.  The variations of bird's beaks, each a different tool for a different purpose.  What are adaptations, if not evolution in progress?
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]