Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Shocking' Video Of Police Shooting Released.
"I think I shot that mother******, man," a police officer can be heard saying
in footage of the deadly confrontation.

'...The family of a black teenager who was fatally shot in the back by Chicago
police have been shown video of the incident.

The agency that investigates Chicago police misconduct cases released
the footage on Friday morning, calling it "shocking and disturbing."

Suspected car thief Paul O'Neal, 18, who was unarmed, died on 28 July
after officers tried to stop him in a Jaguar convertible that had been reported
stolen...'

SOURCE:

SOURCE:
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Who scattered the egg-shells all over the room??

So here it goes:

The shots at the car (in my opinion) are completely justified. A deadly weapon careening towards me with no regard to my life justifies that. Once the car is past, it's still a deadly threat to others I would think.

But without seeing what happened in that alley it's hard to say. I'm pretty sure if they found a gun on the kid it would've been all over the news (to try and justify it) but sadly it seems like adrenaline got the best of at least one of the officers. Sad all around, no doubt. But this kid would still be alive if he hadn't stolen that car, hadn't run head on into a group of cops, hadn't then run head on into another squad car, and hand't taken off running once he exited the car.

If he got shot while exiting the car with his hands in the air I would have my pitchforks out right now. But sadly, another preventable situation was escalated by mistake after mistake on the part of the deceased.

If the facts of that alley encounter show they were in the wrong then the cops need to be immediately fired and prosecuted. Give them the day in court that this young man should have had. But if the story never straightens out and we are left with only these videos, I hope the family can at least understand what started this situation in the first place.

Just tragic all around.