Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you thankful for?
Here is the US, we're celebrating Thanksgiving.

It's when the Dutch invented fireworks or something back in the 1960's.

Anyway, it's a day when we pause and give thanks.

I'm thankful I still have a job, I'm thankful for my family, my dogs, my friends.

And I'm thankful for this site.

tinybiggrin

On this day, what are you thankful for?
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(11-26-2020, 02:52 PM)beez Wrote: ...On this day, what are you thankful for?

Thank you Beez. I'm thankful for my life as it is.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Im happy that no matter what we do the sun will rise tomorrow.
Thankful that the kids and grandkids are all safe! 
Thankful that my old Dad is still kicking now that he is going through his 5th different kind of cancer.
Thankful that my husband is able to retire so we wont be without income as so many will be when unemployment runs out in the coming weeks.
Thankful my Mom is still kicking as well (today is her birthday!)
Thankful that thus far the looters and thieves have stayed far enough away that we haven't had to shoot anyone, but they are getting closer and closer every day thanks to the "peaceful protesters"

Most of all thankful to have a husband who is my very best friend (even if he shakes the windows and walls with his snoring!)
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
I'm thankful I was born into a good home with parents who love me and raised me to have high morals and respect for my elders. They taught me that having friends and family makes you richer than owning the fanciest car or house, although it was always good to strive to do better when possible.

I'm thankful for my daughter. She's given me a reason to keep on keepin' on.

I'm thankful that I'm a survivor, otherwise I'd be living on the streets right now. I've had to overcome many obstacles throughout my life. Others have told me they couldn't have made it through what I have.

I'm thankful for the friends I still have after the political divide took some of them from me.

I'm thankful for the positive attitude I still find inside myself when facing these difficult days we live in now.
I'm thankful for hope; hope that tomorrow will bring better days.

I'm thankful that I know how to use the computer and have my online friends to talk to when I need a place go hangout.
I'm thankful for all of you.

apologies
I'm Thankful for Rogue-Nation 3 and all of you My Extended Family From All Over the World.
I am Thankful for for My American Citizenship (Naturalized Citizen).
Ofcourse I am Thankful for my Daughter and Husband and that The Gods Created Whiskey! 
                                                 heart
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I know my wife is against it, but I'm thankful for my friends across the world who have daily conversations with me for hours. I'm thankful for my wife for enduring my crap. I'm thankful for you. God bless you silly souls.
(11-26-2020, 02:52 PM)beez Wrote: On this day, what are you thankful for?

On this day and every day,  I am thankful for everything. 

From the moment I open my eyes in the morning, until I close my eyes to sleep at night, I thank God for everything. 

Even the pain I have to endure, because I am not ready for the alternative.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I’m thankful for my family. I have a happy life. My stepdaughter and I have had issues over the years but seem to be building our relationship back a step at a time. She brought her sweet baby over today and I got good baby snuggles.

I’m thankful for my animals and I have enough room to have them.

I’m thankful for all of you. When I joined I was almost afraid to post anything but as I’ve gotten to sort of know some of you it has gotten so much easier. I know that if I’m having a bad day that something here is going to make me smile. 

Oh and really thankful for all the food I just ate, especially the pecan pie.
Being home with my family instead of some far off desert shithole.
A wonderful dinner, now watching "Silverado" and enjoying a beer.

I hope everyone else is having a great time.

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(11-27-2020, 12:58 AM)beez Wrote: A wonderful dinner, now watching "Silverado" and enjoying a beer.

I hope everyone else is having a great time.

tinybiggrin

My sister-in-law just put on "The Stand ". 

I think it will give us a lot to think about being thankful for.    tinybiggrin

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(11-26-2020, 03:37 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Thankful that the kids and grandkids are all safe! 
Thankful that my old Dad is still kicking now that he is going through his 5th different kind of cancer.
Thankful that my husband is able to retire so we wont be without income as so many will be when unemployment runs out in the coming weeks.
Thankful my Mom is still kicking as well (today is her birthday!)
Thankful that thus far the looters and thieves have stayed far enough away that we haven't had to shoot anyone, but they are getting closer and closer every day thanks to the "peaceful protesters"

Most of all thankful to have a husband who is my very best friend (even if he shakes the windows and walls with his snoring!)

Ohhhhh, that is what that comment was about this evening. In reference to me and Groot sleeping late. 

But I am so thankful for you and all you put up with. My love, my life.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(11-27-2020, 12:16 AM)VioletDove Wrote: I’m thankful for my family. I have a happy life. My stepdaughter and I have had issues over the years but seem to be building our relationship back a step at a time. She brought her sweet baby over today and I got good baby snuggles.

I’m thankful for all of you. When I joined I was almost afraid to post anything but as I’ve gotten to sort of know some of you it has gotten so much easier. I know that if I’m having a bad day that something here is going to make me smile. 

I have a happy life also. And you make me think and smile. 

Plus, the wife made peach cobbler tonight and it is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(11-27-2020, 05:40 AM)kdog Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 12:16 AM)VioletDove Wrote: I’m thankful for my family. I have a happy life. My stepdaughter and I have had issues over the years but seem to be building our relationship back a step at a time. She brought her sweet baby over today and I got good baby snuggles.

I have a happy life also. And you make me think and smile. 

Plus, the wife made peach cobbler tonight and it is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!
I love peach cobbler! I’ll bet it was amazing! 

I made pecan and pumpkin pies. I also made banana pudding. I’m so full that I’m miserable but I keep going back to the kitchen for more tinylaughing
My husband, cats, all the family members and pets I've loved who have predeceased me (that I had the privilege of our being in each others' lives), what health I do have, a roof over my head with heating and a/c, food, clean water, God, the sacrifice made by some believers to get the Bible printed into English, this site and others, freedom.   That I wasn't born in NK, Saudi Arabia, etc. And I would have died 32 years ago if it hadn't been for good doctors/ nurses and transplant immunosuppressants. I am thankful for having had the last 32 years here.
(11-27-2020, 12:29 AM)projectvxn Wrote: Being home with my family instead of some far off desert shithole.

I'm glad you're here instead of there too.  :)
(11-27-2020, 12:07 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Even the pain I have to endure, because I am not ready for the alternative.

That's an interesting perspective.
I am thankful that @"guohua" continued to check-in on me for the last 4 years. tinyinbiglove
I am thankful for Tex-Mex cuisine.
I am thankful for my time on this beautiful planet in this awesome world.
I am thankful for you (y'all) and your conversations...that I may or may not give voice to (but still appreciate).
I am thankful for my companion, children & theirs.
I am thankful for such a thing as 'hope'.
I am thankful for music...& music...&...music.
..and thankful for this thread (@"beez").
Would like to see more of Dr @"Rodinus"...too.

"Walls"
by YES

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

If im honest, im not thankful of humans. I have seen humans at there best and worse. A human at there best can turn almost instantly to there worse, so never trust humans. Humans spend a lot of there time trying to hurt each other, just look at work places and the air filled with knives and back stabling.
Nature I thank, nature can kill you if you make a mistake, it can kill you if you dont make a mistake, but its nothing personal, nature does not care about you, who you are what you do, nature is pure.
Im thankful for nature because its honest and pure, human im not thankful for at all. 
Your closest and best friend will betray you if the gain for them is large enough, everything you trust that concerns humans will betray you, your government, police, Church ect.