Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mysterious Metal Monolith Discovered in Desert
I'll retract my comment back in regards of only the UK's penchant for collecting scrap metal.
It seem to be a European thing!!

Quote:Scrap dealers feared to have stolen mysterious metal monument on Romanian hillside

'A mysterious metal monument which sparked global intrigue after appearing on a Romanian hillsid
 was feared to have been stolen by tinkers last night.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8728]

The gleaming 13-foot monolith appeared overnight on windswept Batca Doamnei Hill near the city
of Piatra Neamt on November 26, triggering wild claims it was placed by aliens.
Its discovery came a week after a virtually identical structure was found in a remote part of the Utah
desert in the US...'
The Sun:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
No idea what this is, but it has occurred to me that it might be some scientists experimenting with drawing energy from the earth and seeing how much comes through so they can get an idea of how wide the energy is dispersed.

Maybe it's going to be used in the future to distribute energy across a certain diameter of land, much like the pyramids of old were used as "transformers" from one pyramid to another back then.

When it was discovered, it had to be removed from prying eyes.

Just a thought.   tinysurprised
It's back... and this time it's in the fecal State.

Quote:The monolith mystery continues: Metal pillar suddenly appears on top of California's Pine Mountain
just days after one was removed in Utah desert and another in Romania

'Tourist[s] in California are flocking to yet another metal monolith that popped up on top of Pine Mountain,
days after similar pillars in Romania and Utah were removed from their posts. Dozen of local hikers made
the trek to the top of the mountain in Atascadero to snap a photo with the pillar, which mysteriously showed
up on Wednesday. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8733]

The obelisk appears to be made out of stainless steel, welded together at each of its three corners and
using rivets that are attached to the side panels. It stands at 10ft tall and 18inches wide, the Atascadero
News reports.

The monolith at Pine Mountain is not attached to the ground, different from the one in Utah.
It is estimated to weigh 200lbs, making it easy to push over. 
The City of Atascadero is aware of the object's existence but it is unknown what will come of it.  

It is the only remaining mystery monolith as ones in Romania and a Utah desert have already been removed
after their brief stints of notoriety. On Tuesday, images emerged of four men working in the dead of night to
remove the strange, triangular pillar from the desert in Utah.

The shiny pillar, which protruded some 12 feet from the red rocks of southern Utah, was first spotted on
November 18 by baffled local officials counting bighorn sheep from the air. Photographer Ross Bernards,
who visited the monolith Friday, described in an Instagram post accompanying the photos how four men
suddenly appeared that night, pushed the object over and dismantled it before carrying it off in a wheelbarrow.
'One of them looked back at us all and said "Leave no trace." That was at 8:48,' wrote Bernards.

Sylvan Christensen has identified himself on Instagram as one of the four men responsible for removing
the shiny 12-foot pillar on Friday, which was first spotted near to Canyonlands National Park on November
18 by officials from the Utah Department of Public Safety...'

Shiny. tinybiggrin

Quote:'In a video posted to his personal page on Tuesday, Christensen and three others are seen strapping the
structure to a wheelbarrow and taking it away from the canyon...'
Daily Mail:

@"BIAD", this is either some sort of publicity stunt just for fun, or these people are doing some sort of scientific experiment in secret.

I hope we learn the truth.
@"Mystic Wanderer" 

I'd guess the one in Romania was a copycat action.  The California one showing up is interesting, as was the apparent amount of time the one in Utah had been there before being spotted by the park service.

Not sure if it will ever be really explained.  The "guidestones" in Georgia are a lot more massive and those are not 'officially' explained.  In that case, I think the authorities know damned well who got up to that and have provided cover for them because of secret society loyalties.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

I found another one, but something tells me it is about to disappear, too. I just have that feeling:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8736]

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-03-2020, 07:12 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"BIAD", this is either some sort of publicity stunt just for fun, or these people are doing some sort of scientific experiment in secret.

I hope we learn the truth.

It's aliens doing some sort of publicity stunt... I had it on good authority from BIAD.
But this is the guy who believes dogs can't look up, so go figure!!

minusculebeercheers
(12-03-2020, 09:38 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I found another one, but something tells me it is about to disappear, too. I just have that feeling:

It looks fake. That's a lot of leaves on the ground for this time of year... if it's in the southern
hemisphere or recently been visited by a leaf-blowerer.
tinyhuh (Blowerer?!)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8737]

(12-03-2020, 09:48 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 09:38 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I found another one, but something tells me it is about to disappear, too. I just have that feeling:

It looks fake. That's a lot of leaves on the ground for this time of year... if it's in the southern
hemisphere or recently been visited by a leaf-blowerer.
tinyhuh (Blowerer?!)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8737]

I think you may be right. The monoliths are supposed to be between 10 and 12 feet tall, and if that is the case, that bigfoot is far too short. It may be a capuchin monkey instead. I'm thinking there is a strong possibility that it may be fake, or possibly a misidentification of some common object frequently found in the woods, but so common they are hardly ever even noticed, as well.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-03-2020, 09:54 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I think you may be right. The monoliths are supposed to be between 10 and 12 feet tall,
and if that is the case, that bigfoot is far too short. It may be a capuchin monkey instead.

I'm thinking there is a strong possibility that it may be fake, or possibly a misidentification
of some common object frequently found in the woods, but so common they are hardly
ever even noticed, as well.

I'd take a wild guess and suggest that this is a photo of someone in a fur coat looking
jubilant at getting a good deal at his local store on a Size-XX roll of silver-foil for his
Christmas turkey.

But it might need more research.
tinybiggrin
Just when you finish writing about Lucy Lightfoot on the Isle of Wight and The Copper Man of Hampshire,
in the 'Myths of Britain' thread, the strangeness cranks up a notch!

Quote:Isle of Wight monolith: 'Magical' structure appears on beach

'A monolith has mysteriously appeared in Britain - just days after similar ones were spotted in the US and Romania.
The unusual mirrored structure was discovered on the Isle of Wight, an island off the south coast of England.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8763]

Resident Alexia Fishwick said she "was dumbstruck" when she came across it during a beach walk on Sunday
and described it as "really quite magical". A monolith found in Utah last month created wild speculation on social
media and apparent copycats.

Many observers have presumed they were art installations left by sculptors.
The metal edifice in Utah was found planted in the ground before it disappeared just days later.
Two other shining metal towers later appeared in Romania and southern California.

Ms Fishwick said: "I'd read about the one in Utah and then Romania, so I knew the significance. Many people took
no notice of it." She said people first thought she had photoshopped the images when she put them online.

Lee Peckham, a lawyer living on the island, said: "I saw it and wondered what it was and thought it a rather strange
thing to see on the beach. I wondered who put it there and why." DJ Rob da Bank, another island resident, was also
among those who took a stroll to see the sight for themselves.

He mused: "I'm not sure if it's aliens, a Coldplay PR stunt or a local mirror dealer drumming up trade, but it got us all
down the beach anyway."

The National Trust, which owns the site, said it had no immediate plans to remove the monolith, which it said was
erected without permission. A spokesman said: "We were unaware of the monolith's presence until this morning,
but we've now visited Compton Beach and it seems secure on a wooden plinth and is made from mirrored sections
of plastic or perspex material.

"We need to monitor over the next few days to ensure the beach remains safe and does not become overcrowded."
An anonymous collective called The Most Famous Artist has taken credit for the monoliths in Utah and California.
It posted an image of the Utah monolith on Instagram, with a 45,000 US dollar (£34,000) price tag.

However, when asked about the Isle of Wight structure, it said: "The monolith is out of my control at this point.
Godspeed to all the aliens working hard around the globe to propagate the myth."

News of the monolith on the island has caused a stir on social media with some posting in jest -that the monolith
-which already has its own Instagram page - could be a portal to another dimension.

In 2001: A Space Odyssey - the 1968 film directed by Stanley Kubrick - imposing black monoliths created by an
unseen alien species appear in the movie, based on the writings of novelist Arthur C Clarke.
Most observers reflecting on their trip to the mysterious monolith suspected it was left by an artist rather than an
alien species...'
BBC:

All this is boring, now if an old blue British police box with a flashing light on top starts appearing LET ME KNOW