Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How many WILL YOU get right?
This is a quiz from BuzzFeed.

My husband got 25 out of 25 and I got 23 out of 25.
Link
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(11-24-2020, 11:55 PM)guohua Wrote: This is a quiz from BuzzFeed.

Link

I only got 23 out the 25 also.
tinycrying

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(11-25-2020, 12:03 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Link

tinycrying

I misses the Laundry water sparkler, I thought it was for Floors  tinybighuh I mean, it could have been use to water floors,,,,, right?

I also missed the razor blade slot in the medicine cabinet, I wasn't looking at the whole picture.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
That was fun. I got 20 out of 25.
22 of 25
24 of the 25. I missed the laundry sprinkler. We didn't have such high-tech gadgetry - we used misting bottles instead, until mom got one of those fancy 'lectric irons that you filled with water and had holes in the bottom that spit steam out.. The picture looked like an old lawn sprinkler head to me...

... then the Quiz Masters called me an "old fart" at the end of it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I got 11 Shy
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(11-25-2020, 12:11 AM)guohua Wrote:

Link

tinycrying

I misses the Laundry water sparkler, I thought it was for Floors  tinybighuh I mean, it could have been use to water floors,,,,, right?

I also missed the razor blade slot in the medicine cabinet, I wasn't looking at the whole picture.

I missed the flowered holder on the wall and the cable.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(11-25-2020, 02:22 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 12:11 AM)guohua Wrote:

Link

tinycrying

I missed the flowered holder on the wall and the cable.

I think you probably had to have cooked on a wood stove in the kitchen for extended periods to have gotten that one right, although it's possible that some folks with gas stoves years ago had one of those holders, too. Both sets of my grandparents as well as my mom had one of those holders mounted on the wall near the wood cook stove.

There also used to be matches that you could strike anywhere. I used to carry a box of them, could strike them on a thumbnail or even by snapping them along my pants leg. I've seen folks strike them on their pants zipper, too, but I just wasn't ever that brave. I haven't seen any of them in years. the story I got was that rats would get into the match holders and gnaw on the matches, thereby burning the house down. I think that story is BS, I never heard of such a thing, and was around the matches and hundreds of other folks who used them, and none of us ever had any such problem.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

24's not bad
I missed the one for ironing.  I have seen those over the years but never knew what they were actually for, in fact, we may have one in the basement in a cabinet if I didn't toss it into the metal when I went to the scrapyard.  I thought it was to convert a water bottle to a sprinkler, but I was wrong.  The wife knew what it was though.  She did not know some of the other things though, she looked at six of them before getting frustrated and had no clue what a couple of them were for.
Ouch! Uh... 13...

But it was a nice way to spend a little time so thank you @"guohua"
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
24 out of 25 I missed the ironing one. This was fun ..........Thanks. tinybiggrin
I missed the match holder, never seen anything like it. The out door sound for the film i guessed, once again never seen it. The water sprinkler I knew because I have been shown how to use the old irons that you had to heat, ( people use to spit on the irons to see if they were hot) also people sometimes had a little bowl of water to dip there fingers into and then splash the water on the cloth.
I once dug my old slide rule out and tried to remember how it all worked, but sadly could only remember about half.
So how many know how to use a slide rule