Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cat Diary
I wonder sometimes if they really do think things like this?  Their facial expressions would imply "yes, they do". 

(11-22-2020, 10:33 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I wonder sometimes if they really do think things like this?  Their facial expressions would imply "yes, they do". 

They got it so right about the petting. 

The moment I sit at the keyboard, Enoch, like a heat seeking missile, will plop down on it. He also tries to take the cell phone out of hand any time I use it around him, and thinks both of my hands should be about the task of petting him, which both he and Sylvester thinks should be all the time.

The three stroke rule was for Lazarus. It was such a concrete rule that every guest was warned and it was once posted. The rules were:

First pet and you are good.
Second pet was a crap shoot.
Third pet meant you were likely to headed to the ER, and missing a finger. 

Everyone learned the 3 stroke rule very quickly.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(11-22-2020, 11:08 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 10:33 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I wonder sometimes if they really do think things like this?  Their facial expressions would imply "yes, they do". 

They got it so right about the petting. 

The moment I sit at the keyboard, Enoch, like a heat seeking missile, will plop down on it. He also tries to take the cell phone out of hand any time I use it around him, and thinks both of my hands should be about the task of petting him, which both he and Sylvester thinks should be all the time.

The three stroke rule was for Lazarus. It was such a concrete rule that every guest was warned and it was once posted. The rules were:

First pet and you are good.
Second pet was a crap shoot.
Third pet meant you were likely to headed to the ER, and missing a finger. 

Everyone learned the 3 stroke rule very quickly.

@"NightskyeB4Dawn", my feral outside cat, which I brought inside last winter, has finally come around to me and lets me pet her. She goes by the three stroke rule too. I don't know how many times she's sliced my arm or hand open when I didn't pull away fast enough. Razor sharp claws!

My other cat, which came here and claimed us as his new home, loves to lay on my keyboard when I'm typing. Sometimes I just have to give up and give in. If I don't, he sneaks up to the side of my chair (after removing him from my desk) and bites me on the arm. 
He's a mean little puddy!  He is spoiled rotten. It's my fault. tinylaughing
CATS! tinyinbiglove 

Thank you for sharing these stories. Keep these coming. Others, i encourage you to participate too.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre