Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Look out below
https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/loca...343676002/

Hmm.  Had a parachute attached.  Wonder who's bringing back sats that way?

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

It seems a bit coincidental that Wallfire posts some strange lights in the sky over Liverpool UK and
the 'satellite material' crashing to Earth reported in your article!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
According to the article, this happened in Michigan as well, last year.  Sounds like some kind of recorded data is being retrieved, but kind of hit-and-miss given parachute performance in the wind, etc.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

So now do we not only have to worry about Antifa/BLM attacking us on the streets, but we also have to worry about a satellite falling on our heads?   tinyhuh 

Think I'll just stay home.
(11-22-2020, 06:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: So now do we not only have to worry about Antifa/BLM attacking us on the streets, but we also have to worry about a satellite falling on our heads?   tinyhuh 

I'm afraid that won't help. if they are aiming for you. Objects falling all the way from space build up tremendous kinetic energy. I think it was in Michigan where a woman was startled by a fist-sized meteorite falling THROUGH the roof of her house and landing next to her...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(11-22-2020, 07:37 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 06:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: So now do we not only have to worry about Antifa/BLM attacking us on the streets, but we also have to worry about a satellite falling on our heads?   tinyhuh 

I'm afraid that won't help. if they are aiming for you. Objects falling all the way from space build up tremendous kinetic energy. I think it was in Michigan where a woman was startled by a fist-sized meteorite falling THROUGH the roof of her house and landing next to her...

Sigh...  So I guess my only alternative to stay safe from falling satellite and space junk is to move into a cave far back inside a tall mountain. 
Then, I'd have to worry about a hungry bear needing a place to hibernate for the winter.

Darn it! No place on Earth is safe. Guess that's just a part of life I'll have to accept.   tinyshocked
(11-22-2020, 07:41 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
Darn it! No place on Earth is safe. Guess that's just a part of life I'll have to accept.   tinyshocked

Earth, in itself, is space junk.

And what does that make me, then? a space junkie.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre