Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GGG2020 The House On Ten Acres
It was October, the sky was overcast and a cool drizzle was falling. A promise of an early snowfall was in the air.

The house stood on ten acres of land. Abandoned for years, the once bright paint had taken on a grey color from years of neglect. Porches wrapped around both stories leaning gently from where the boards had begun to rot from years in the elements.

My boyfriend Jake and I got out of the car to take a look around as we waited for the agent to arrive and let us in.

Jake called for me to look at something in the back corner of the house. A print was stamped in the damp, spongy mud. It was a strange print and bigger than any I had ever seen. Neither of us had seen a print quite like this one.

I asked Jake “What could it be?” hoping he had an answer because my imagination was conjuring up all kinds of creatures.

“I’m sure it’s just a dog or something” he replied. “Looks like the water dripping of the porch may have distorted it”.

We were still looking at that print when a cackling laugh sounded from behind us. Startled, we quickly turned around. I choked off a scream when I saw her. Grey hair that hadn’t been washed in days hung off her head in dirty tangles. A wild look in her eyes, dirt covered torn clothes hanging from her frail frame, she walked closer spittle flying from her toothless mouth as she spoke “They’ll take you they will, into the veil. You won’t see them. They watch every second, then they snatch, snatch, snatch you to hell!”

The two of us turned to look as the agent’s car pulled up. When we turned back, the bedraggled old woman was gone. Jake put a comforting arm around me and I snuggled closer to him.

The inside of the house turned out to be somewhat better than the outside. We decided to buy the home and restore it to its former glory. The weeks went by without incident. The house was coming along nicely and looking like a home.

One day, I went toward the treeline thinking the area could be cleaned up in order to put a garden. As I turned, I heard a noise. I paused. Oh I should have never paused. That pause was the biggest mistake I could have made. The old woman’s words came back to me just as strong, rough hands pulled me toward the trees.

I saw a shimmer of light and all went black. After a time I opened my eyes and everything seemed normal. Somewhat disoriented, I headed toward the house but something stopped me. It was like there was an invisible wall.

I saw Jake come outside. I called for him. He kept calling my name. “Jake!” I shouted. “I’m here! Oh why can’t you see me?” I screamed his name until my voice left me. 

I watched the search party come and go. I watched Jake pack up and leave. I watched as the seasons passed and the weather once again took it’s toll on the once beautiful home.

Then I watched as a new family came. Young and healthy they were. I heard the growing and howling from my side of the barrier. I fought against the terrible urges as I felt the changes come over me. “No!” I cried as I saw the the terrible misshapen prints my feet were making. I fell to my knees and once again look toward the house. It’s time to hunt. For I am hungry.

As I made my way toward the barrier the shimmering light was once again in my vision. This time though there was a voice calling my name. Jake. I opened my eyes. I was in my bed. He stood there with concern in his eyes. As I hugged him, thankful that it was only a bad dream, neither of us noticed the grotesque forms of creatures pressing against the barrier.
Very good, more please.....You have promise..
Exactly what Plotus suggested.

Loved it.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"PLOTUS" and @"BIAD" thank you. I’ve never let anyone outside of my family read my stories before. Although I was nervous about posting, I knew members here would be kind. I wasn’t disappointed.  minusculebeercheers
@"VioletDove" 
No reason to be Nervous, you're an Excellent Storyteller  minusculethumbsup2
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(10-22-2020, 02:15 AM)guohua Wrote: @"VioletDove" 
No reason to be Nervous, you're an Excellent Storyteller  minusculethumbsup2
Thank you