Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jennifer Rubin calls to 'defund' Walter Reed
Sometimes when reading certain statements from someone on the Left, all I can do is stare in disbelief and think, 'what?!'.   tinywhat 

Such a thing happened as I was reading over the article below.

Quote:Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin blasted the medical team at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Monday, going as far as calling for the "defunding" of the hospital after President Trump announced he would return to the White House that evening.

Okay, she's upset because President Trump is apparently well enough to return to the White House, so she wants to defund the institution where our military are cared for and deny they get help when needed. 
Okay. That's insane right from the start!

Quote:Trump tweeted Monday afternoon: "I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"

Trump's medical team, led by White House physician Dr. Sean Conley, reaffirmed the president's optimism, with Conley noting Trump's condition had improved from when he was admitted Friday, while adding he "may not entirely be out of the woods yet."

Rubin responded with a tirade blasting the president, who she called a "menace to everyone around you," and the doctors in charge of his recovery.

"Menace to everyone around you," ???? 
Tell that to the millions of people who love our President... BITCH!  tinyok

Quote:"Any MD who publicly endorses this insanity needs to lose his/her license. Period," Rubin declared in one of several tweets, another writing, "Congress might want to defund Walter Reed. It is a public health hazard."

She said in another tweet, "A 74 yr old [obese] man with covid - who might have lung damage - and a pattern of disregarding medical advice is returned to an environment in which he may infect others. What planet does Conley inhabit? Where is the rest of Walter Reed? The VP? They are remarkable cowards."

Can someone tell me where Rubin received her medical degree, because I can't find it. Still, she seems to think she knows better than this great team of medical experts.

Quote:The MSNBC contributor was blasted for her tweet suggesting that Congress "defund" the hospital.

"Walter Reed is where our heroic military men and women go to get treated after getting wounded in combat, you vile human being," Townhall.com senior writer and U.S. Marine Corps Reserve member Julio Rosas reacted.

"Great idea ... let's punish soldiers, physicians, nurses, and staff for the president's decision to return home and not allow his physician to reveal personal medical info. You're embarrassing your colleagues at the Post," Huffington Post contributor Yashar Ali told Rubin.

So she is a contributor for MSNBC and works for WaPo?  Okay, that explains everything. I understand now. 

Quote:"America’s Worst Columnist Has Opinion," New York Magazine columnist Josh Barro declared.

"Jen Rubin herself is not the insulting thing. the insulting thing is that WaPo keeps her around because they think she represents conservatism and lets them tick the 'diversity of voices' box," Washington Examiner commentator T. Becket Adams wrote.

I agree, and I think she should be fired!

Quote:"Let’s be honest: There is no conservative movement or party today," Rubin said. "There is a Republican Party thoroughly infused with racism and intellectually corrupted by right-wing nationalism. But there is no party that believes in less or small government."

She went on to claim "the party of Trump will lash out at you" and call you a "'fake' conservative" if you "say you are a staunch defender of the rule of law, that you are devoted to ending systematic racism, that you are an advocate of legal immigration, that you believe in objective reality."

"Well, they have a point," Rubin acknowledged. "Because conservatives no longer seem to champion any of those positions ... it is hard to say I fit in any longer."
Source

OMG! Did she really just say that?  tinysurprised 

That's the exact opposite of what "the party of Trump" stands for!
They (we) don't lash out at people who believe in the rule of law; we STRONGLY believe in law and order, we want to end systematic racism, and we believe in legal immigration; we "champion" all these ideals. 

I'm so confused.  tinybighuh

Why does the Left try to flip flop everything the Right stands for?  They're crazy!
They definitely live in a mirrored world inside their own MSM bubble, and Rubin seems to be one of the worst.

All I can tell her is, Seek Help!

NOW!
As a rule, I don't hit women.

So could one of the ladies on this site kindly slap the living shit out of this dumb-ass?

Thanks.

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(10-06-2020, 04:34 PM)beez Wrote: As a rule, I don't hit women.

So could one of the ladies on this site kindly slap the living shit out of this dumb-ass?

Thanks.

tinybiggrin

sounds like a job for guohua, cept she may shoot her. minusculeuzi
(10-06-2020, 04:34 PM)beez Wrote: As a rule, I don't hit women.

Thanks.

tinybiggrin

In @"guohua" 's absence, PLEASE allow me!  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Sounds like Jennifer had a REEEEEEE moment.

She ought to tell that to wounded and disabled veterans who get treated there.

-- Timespace shift --

I once had the opportunity to visit wounded troops at an Army hospital in Germany that @"beez" is certainly familiar with.

Had a good conversation with an Army combat engineer (construction) NCO who had been wounded by mortar fire.

Was touched by the really simple things the troops asked for when we mentioned we'd be glad to purchase items for them to improve, just a bit, the comfort of their stay at the hospital -- underwear, t-shirts, snacks, soft drinks . . . of course, we responded and they had what they asked for within a day or so.

So, yeah, Jennifer -- get over yourself.  Places like Walter Reed may treat presidents, but ultimately, they exist to take care of America's heroes.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(10-06-2020, 04:15 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
Quote:"Let’s be honest: There is no conservative movement or party today," Rubin said. "There is a Republican Party thoroughly infused with racism and intellectually corrupted by right-wing nationalism. But there is no party that believes in less or small government."

She went on to claim "the party of Trump will lash out at you" and call you a "'fake' conservative" if you "say you are a staunch defender of the rule of law, that you are devoted to ending systematic racism, that you are an advocate of legal immigration, that you believe in objective reality."

"Well, they have a point," Rubin acknowledged. "Because conservatives no longer seem to champion any of those positions ... it is hard to say I fit in any longer."
Source

OMG! Did she really just say that?  tinysurprised 

That's the exact opposite of what "the party of Trump" stands for!
They (we) don't lash out at people who believe in the rule of law; we STRONGLY believe in law and order, we want to end systematic racism, and we believe in legal immigration; we "champion" all these ideals. 

I'm so confused.  tinybighuh

Why does the Left try to flip flop everything the Right stands for?  They're crazy!
They definitely live in a mirrored world inside their own MSM bubble, and Rubin seems to be one of the worst.

All I can tell her is, Seek Help!

NOW!

Let's be honest: Rubin is a triggered snowflake who is trying to masquerade as a "conservative". She gets parts of her definition of conservative from the internet, and adds in parts that are liberal. It's those liberal parts that give her away.

I've been turning over rocks looking for "systemic racism" ever since the Progressives started hammering on about it. I found it when I was much younger, but over time it has become extinct. The last I saw of it was around 1994, and that was it's dying gasp. I've not seen it in the wild since them, despite the proclivity of the Left to try keeping it alive by practicing it. The only place it can be found now is in the cages the Progressives keep it in so they can threaten folks with it...

So I dunno WHO she is, but I can plainly see WHAT she is - and that "what" is decidedly NOT Conservative. She can lick the sweat from my fuzzy... nah, never mind. I couldn't allow that, either.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Curious... any similarities ?
[Image: download.jpg]

[Image: images.jpg]
Being neutral as my position requires, I can't say any more..... things like..........sorry guys..lol...
(10-06-2020, 08:05 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Curious... any similarities ?

Being neutral as my position requires, I can't say any more..... things like..........sorry guys..lol...

@"PLOTUS",  hmmm.... minusculethinking   They definitely look like they could be related. I'll have to go down that rabbit hole when I have more time.
But, you are allowed to tell us what you know, if you do know something. Only thing we need a MOD for here is to break up fights.   tinylaughing
(10-06-2020, 08:05 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Curious... any similarities ?

In RN3 context, "neutrality" means not showing partiality to one member over another. Neither of those two are members, so you're allowed to have an opinion same as any other human being on the planet. Mods is people, too!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Suffice it to say, my opinion could topple buildings, reverse the course of rivers, give new adjatives to Wikipedia, lessen the lifespan of the ordinary house fly....... that surround and infest these vile treacherous libelous sucubus demons in human form, disease infested covetous lying, godless, Jezebels.  I could say more but it wouldnt be 'G' rated.
(10-06-2020, 08:50 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Suffice it to say, my opinion could topple buildings, reverse the course of rivers, give new adjatives to Wikipedia, lessen the lifespan of the ordinary house fly....... that surround and infest these vile treacherous libelous sucubus demons in human form, disease infested covetous lying, godless, Jezebels.  I could say more but it wouldnt be 'G' rated.

@"PLOTUS".  Ah, com'on Man!   Tell us how you REALLY feel.   smallroflmao
The old saying goes ......The lights are on but nobody's home. There is a lot of that going around lately.
minusculebonker