Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The truth if Roe v Wade is repealed . . . . .
. . . . . Abortions will still happen.

This isn't a thread on if you or I are for or against abortion.

I just wanted to post this because the media and many people are misrepresenting this.

With Amy Barrett going to the Supreme Court, many are panicked that she might be the key player in over turning Roe v Wade.

If the Supreme Court does, then abortions will no longer be considered a Constitutional right.  

But it will still be a state right, based upon what the legislature in each individual state decides and votes on.

Just an FYI

tinywondering
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Every woman should have the right to have an abortion with in set times, and medical advice. We need to be very careful as I have read about groups campaigning for the right to abort up to two weeks after birth. Also abortion should NEVER be used as a form of conception.
Now that outrages me...." After Two Weeks" that is MURDER plain and simple first degree murder, premeditated. But, I scarcely think that will fly with voters.  No mystery, I am PRO-LIFE.  And I do not agree with the proposition that it's a womans body and all that. If you practice unsafe sex, there are a host of things you can Not avoid, and must take as consequence. One is some sort of .....um..... chastity........ yes I know an outdated noun... Or rather do not be a dumpster for crying out loud. 
More to the topic, less my opinions, of which I make no appology. The new conservative Supreme Court Justice would likely lean towards Pro-life, though this is not assured, but it would lead an opening to re-introduce anti-abortion to judicial review Roe versed Wade, and while President Trump had Pleneary power so it would indeed be surmised by democrats, liberals and progressives as an unfair move. It is a nescessary move in My opinion. Again, my opinion with no appology.

This is a PIVOTAL time in America's future. Will we also be known as a nation that discards unplanned pregnancies as just a nusance and swept away with a garbasge disposal and shop vac.?
(09-26-2020, 02:36 PM)beez Wrote: . . . . . Abortions will still happen.

This isn't a thread on if you or I are for or against abortion.

I just wanted to post this because the media and many people are misrepresenting this.

With Amy Barrett going to the Supreme Court, many are panicked that she might be the key player in over turning Roe v Wade.

If the Supreme Court does, then abortions will no longer be considered a Constitutional right.  

But it will still be a state right, based upon what the legislature in each individual state decides and votes on.

Just an FYI

tinywondering

Fact.

I recall what it was like in the US before abortion became a "right" nationwide. IF a girl couldn't manage to keep her knees together and just wanted to rid herself of her little nuisance instead of attempting to prevent it in the first place, she had two choices - go to an illegal clinic, or simply go across state lines until she got to one where there was a legal - in that state - clinic.

Even back then in the Dark Ages, there were what were euphemistically called "doctors" who had no qualms about killin' off kids for a price. It would just go back to that, but Marxists now try really hard to convince modern kids that those days never were, and before Roe v, Wade it was utterly impossible to get a legal abortion in America... but that simply isn't the truth. It was a State matter, a state decision.

Granted, it wasn't as convenient for women back then, but it COULD be done, and was regularly, and since when should cold blooded murder be convenient anyhow?

I guess it would be fair to say that my personal take on abortion ALMOST puts me in the "pro choice" camp with one caveat - a father should have as much say in killing his offspring as a mother has in killing off hers. If either says no, then the baby lives and becomes the responsibility of the dissenting parent after it's birth. It seems a no-brainer to me. If the baby ain't mine, then I ain't got no dog in that fight, and no say in the decision whether to wring it's neck or not. Whether they kill it off or not is none of my business.

After all, it takes two to make a baby - and it should take two to end one. Unless it was an Immaculate Conception, then that woman didn't get that way by herself - why should the decision be hers and hers alone then?

If it IS mine, then God help the woman who kills it off and takes away MY choice in the matter. If she don't want the little nuisance, then fine, I'll take care of it and she can get on with her carefree life after it's born. As it stands right now, only females have a choice in the matter, and that is the ultimate in sexism. A Chica has a license to kill MY kid, simply because my plumbing is an outie instead of an innie, and that would not sit very well with me at all, at all.

That is why I cannot place myself fully into the "pro choice" camp - because I am afforded no choice in the matter at all. How can I be pro-choice if I HAVE no choice? I am a second class citizen in this issue simply by the accident of my plumbing at birth... and that is kinda how sexism is defined, isn't it?

I am a victim of sexism promoted by Feminists! 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Well said...!
All aborted children in Heaven are welcoming Justice Barrett to the Supreme Court  tinybiggrin
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
either way the Dems will pull out every outrageous lie they can find to try and block her appointment. Some idiot is proposing making it so a justice can only serve 18 years... OK since the Constitution says life time appointment good luck on getting 32 (?) states and 2/3 congress to amend and make the appoint for a term limit.. As far as I am concerned they should be forced to retire at 60 or 65 but that is not what the Constitution says so SOL.
Just imagine how badly they are going to lose their minds if Trump gets a couple more SCOTUS appointments in his second term...

The nerve of that guy, appointing justices to the Supreme Court who actually think law should be compared to the Constitution as it is written instead of as Leftists WISH it was written, and who think that their job is judging laws against the Constitution instead of usurping congressional responsibility and making new laws as they go along! Who does he think he is - POTUS or something?

There are currently two plans being discussed to invalidate American government - one is the SCOTUS term limits mentioned by Sky, the other is "court packing" - simply adding enough leftist judges to the court to outweigh legitimate decisions in favor of political activism. BOTH plans are straight up attempts to invalidate the US Constitution, and if either is successful that would be cause enough for another revolution. Once the Marxists succeed in invalidating the Constitution, all bets are off at that exact point.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

With just 37 days left until elections, it would have to be a hurried frantic push to concoct some new scheeme. Everything the Liberal/Progressive/democrats are doing on the face of it seems destructive to the point of cutting off their nose to spite their faces. With out any logic or reasoning. Hate inspired, damn the outcome, destroy everything if they can't have their way. The beauty part of that is.... they show daily, front and center the foul vile hatred they spew. Every day it becomes more dishonorable and even more appalling behavior. How can that attract any decent person.... because there are Many honorable Democrats out there. Their target audience.

I think most Americans know if Biden gets elected our country would be in peril of a diminishing quality of life and our Constitutional freedom. 

Again, sorry about getting off topic 'drift' 

But Roe V Wade is a many faceted and indeed complex topic. And as to what Democracy dictates by majority.
(09-27-2020, 06:05 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: With just 37 days left until elections, it would have to be a hurried frantic push to concoct some new scheeme. Everything the Liberal/Progressive/democrats are doing on the face of it seems destructive to the point of cutting off their nose to spite their faces. With out any logic or reasoning. Hate inspired, damn the outcome, destroy everything if they can't have their way. The beauty part of that is.... they show daily, front and center the foul vile hatred they spew. Every day it becomes more dishonorable and even more appalling behavior. How can that attract any decent person.... because there are Many honorable Democrats out there. Their target audience.

I think most Americans know if Biden gets elected our country would be in peril of a diminishing quality of life and our Constitutional freedom. 

But Roe V Wade is a many faceted and indeed complex topic. And as to what Democracy dictates by majority.

Indeed. The batshit crazy is strong in Progressives currently, and on display for all to see, which is why I am mystified that anyone at all is still following that particular Pied Piper. It's as if folks don't know batshit crazy when they see it on full public display!

I'm not real big on "democracy" - but then again I've never been partial to mob rule or tyranny of a majority of anything. Just because that gang is bigger than me individually does not mean I will go along peacefully with their program any more than I would peacefully acquiesce to more folks than me kicking in my door to rob me. I have "equalizers" against such possibilities.

The Founders, Jefferson in particular, were not big on mob rule, either. Jefferson's definition of "democracy" was "two wolves and one sheep voting on what is for dinner", and I agree with him.

That is why I'm greatful that the Founders chose to give us a Republic instead of a Democracy, by their own words, and I'll be damned if I just sit by quietly while a bunch of Marxists try to usurp it. There are force multipliers available when that dinner vote rolls around...

(09-27-2020, 07:12 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-27-2020, 06:05 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: With just 37 days left until elections, it would have to be a hurried frantic push to concoct some new scheeme. Everything the Liberal/Progressive/democrats are doing on the face of it seems destructive to the point of cutting off their nose to spite their faces. With out any logic or reasoning. Hate inspired, damn the outcome, destroy everything if they can't have their way. The beauty part of that is.... they show daily, front and center the foul vile hatred they spew. Every day it becomes more dishonorable and even more appalling behavior. How can that attract any decent person.... because there are Many honorable Democrats out there. Their target audience.

Indeed. The batshit crazy is strong in Progressives currently, and on display for all to see, which is why I am mystified that anyone at all is still following that particular Pied Piper. It's as if folks don't know batshit crazy when they see it on full public display!

I'm not real big on "democracy" - but then again I've never been partial to mob rule or tyranny of a majority of anything. Just because that gang is bigger than me individually does not mean I will go along peacefully with their program any more than I would peacefully acquiesce to more folks than me kicking in my door to rob me. I have "equalizers" against such possibilities.

The Founders, Jefferson in particular, were not big on mob rule, either. Jefferson's definition of "democracy" was "two wolves and one sheep voting on what is for dinner", and I agree with him.

That is why I'm greatful that the Founders chose to give us a Republic instead of a Democracy, by their own words, and I'll be damned if I just sit by quietly while a bunch of Marxists try to usurp it. There are force multipliers available when that dinner vote rolls around...

A democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what's for dinner.

A representative republic is an armed sheep contesting the vote.

tinyhuh
-Abraham Lincoln
Honest question:

Roe v. Wade was a SCOTUS decision on a Constitutional issue. An interpretation by the court that is now precedent. It has easily withstood several revisits on tangential arguments. It is not a law in the sense that Congress wrote it, the President signed it, and it gets codified.

I know there is hysteria from some that RvW will get now overturned but no one has explained to me how that would manifest. Would a new, similar case be seen by SCOTUS and they simply abandon broad, established doctrine?

Granted most of this is fear mongering for the election. It agitates those who are more clueless on the matter than I am.
(09-28-2020, 01:05 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Honest question:

Roe v. Wade was a SCOTUS decision on a Constitutional issue. An interpretation by the court that is now precedent. It has easily withstood several revisits on tangential arguments. It is not a law in the sense that Congress wrote it, the President signed it, and it gets codified.

I know there is hysteria from some that RvW will get now overturned but no one has explained to me how that would manifest. Would a new, similar case be seen by SCOTUS and they simply abandon broad, established doctrine?

Granted most of this is fear mongering for the election. It agitates those who are more clueless on the matter than I am.

Dred Scott was overturned with a stroke of a pen.

It does happen.
-Abraham Lincoln
(09-28-2020, 01:39 AM)beez Wrote: Dred Scott was overturned with a stroke of a pen.

It does happen.
That precedent was "overturned" by the arrival of the 13th Amendment. Some would argue the amendment process is a little more than a stroke of a pen but I see what you are saying. The possibility exists. 

If we extrapolate out from that parallel, we would need an amendment to overturn RvW. Not sure if that is in the doable category in the current political climate. 

I still feel the hysterics over a new SCOTUS nomination are simply fear mongering stoked by the MSM. RvW isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
"The light is shining into the darkness and the demons don't like it. They are fighting back. This evil is what we now see manifesting on our streets working through humans."

Paraphrasing a statement by Mark Taylor, a Prophet.
What you say puts you as a target you know............................  I stand with you on your decleration as though it were mine however..!   So saying otherwise would be a dangerous opinion to embrace.
(09-28-2020, 05:50 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: What you say puts you as a target you know............................  I stand with you on your decleration as though it were mine however..!   So saying otherwise would be a dangerous opinion to embrace.

I think most of the folks in this thread have experience at being targets - it won't be their first Rodeo.