Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Draken Contract Air Support
These jets were spotted many times in Louisville and never heard of them. They are aggressor support and look like fighter jets with all the bells and whistles to attack or put up a good fight.  

http://www.drakenintl.com/

It was repost their were 8 of them stopping at our airport to refuel and coffee. 

I wonder were they were coming from and were they were heading.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Hmmmm, very interesting. Sounds like maybe they were training. For what I don’t know. It may be that the local area has good conditions to train in. I’m just guessing here.

I know this has nothing to do with your post, but I remember going through Louisville KY a few years back. I liked that the interstate went right by the airport. I also recall seeing that gigantic Louisville Slugger baseball bat. I thought that was pretty cool.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(09-26-2020, 12:46 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Hmmmm, very interesting. Sounds like maybe they were training. For what I don’t know. It may be that the local area has good conditions to train in. I’m just guessing here.

I know this has nothing to do with your post, but I remember going through Louisville KY a few years back. I liked that the interstate went right by the airport. I also recall seeing that gigantic Louisville Slugger baseball bat. I thought that was pretty cool.

They  were heading to Topeka, Kansas . I guess they are used for training with military jet pilots .

Yeah, I drive down 264 all the time, and yes planes get real close. Downtown is all boarded up now and they even threw red paint on that base ball bat. I think it's all cleaned up. 

I tell you what, Louisville is going down hard and fast right now. Protesters, rioters, general thugs running amuck in the city.
Whenever they have a training session around here, the path goes right over the top of my house!  They are gone before the sound ever gets here.  It's LOUD! VERY LOUD! 

Just a week or so ago the local 911 got several calls because people thought the plane was crashing, but they just fly low. I've held my breath a few times thinking they were going to hit the top of the trees on the hill behind me.

They'll scare the crap out of you when you aren't expecting them.

I hate to hear about the destruction in your area. Looks like the mayor, or governor could call and ask for more federal help?

The weekend is just now starting.  STAY SAFE!
(09-26-2020, 01:20 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Whenever they have a training session around here, the path goes right over the top of my house!  They are gone before the sound ever gets here.  It's LOUD! VERY LOUD! 

Just a week or so ago the local 911 got several calls because people thought the plane was crashing, but they just fly low. I've held my breath a few times thinking they were going to hit the top of the trees on the hill behind me.

They'll scare the crap out of you when you aren't expecting them.

I hate to hear about the destruction in your area. Looks like the mayor, or governor could call and ask for more federal help?

The weekend is just now starting.  STAY SAFE!

Oh, there is plenty of help , but they can only do so much because of our mayor and governor. 

Heck, we just drove through downtown around 5 5:30 pm today on the way back from Illinois for one of our special trips. 

It was all quiet and not many people around.
Wow! They field over 80 aircraft. 

MiG-21's, A-4's, Mirages, etc. That must be pretty cool having your own air force. I wonder how many contracts they get with the alphabet agencies?
This company came up in the news recently.  They are based in Florida.  Turns out one of the French air to air missiles they had was LIVE, as in ready to explode if the missile "determined" the arming sequence had been done (hope the fail-safes work well!)  Not cool at all to be shipping live ordnance around like that.

I also don't like the idea of private companies fielding this kind of aerial warfare hardware.  This function should be performed by people we have firm control of -- our own military.  I wonder if Draken performs mercenary services as another revenue stream.

Photo below shows how large the missile is.

[Image: fr-missile.jpg]

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(09-26-2020, 07:44 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: This company came up in the news recently.  They are based in Florida.  Turns out one of the French air to air missiles they had was LIVE, as in ready to explode if the missile "determined" the arming sequence had been done (hope the fail-safes work well!)  Not cool at all to be shipping live ordnance around like that.

I also don't like the idea of private companies fielding this kind of aerial warfare hardware.  This function should be performed by people we have firm control of -- our own military.  I wonder if Draken performs mercenary services as another revenue stream.

Photo below shows how large the missile is.

[Image: fr-missile.jpg]

Cheers

no i never really liked the idea of our country using " contractors" at all. contractor is just a term used to make the use of mercenaries sound legitimate. a real government shouldn't be using merc's in place of armed forces. that's something third world countries and despots do.

in my opinion, no matter what the so called "contractors" say, their loyalty is to only one thing, who's paying the most money.

now in the cloak and dagger game, that's another story.