Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grand jury decision in Breonna Taylor case to be announced this afternoon
Well today is the big day! At 1:30 Eastern Time today we find out whether or not the police officers involved in the Breonna Taylor case will be prosecuted or exonerated. From the way Louisville is locked down we're not expecting the social justice crowd to be very happy about it at all! 

On the local news this morning the out-of-town group entrenched here from Iowa (of all places) said they are going to keep on protesting indefinitely regardless of the decision despite the wishes of Breonna's family.

We are all so sick of this shit! If these assholes are itching to "burn it all down" they need to put up or shut up. Word to the wise: Before you try to put a match to my home you better check to see how many guns are sighted on you first!

Article announcing the announcement:
Link
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
Keep us informed, and please stay safe up there.   mediumnotlooking
(09-23-2020, 05:16 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Keep us informed, and please stay safe up there.   mediumnotlooking

Kdog and I finished all of our last minute errands and are hunkered down. We are prepped for whatever happens. By the talk at my favorite gun shop and my usual grocery store seems most everybody else with a sane mind is as well.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
Now we're under curfew from 9pm to 6:30am for at least the next three days and we're still an hour away from the announcement. This is definitely not looking good! 
How the hell did it all come to this, such evil walking the streets and taking power.
(09-23-2020, 05:40 PM)Wallfire Wrote: How the hell did it all come to this, such evil walking the streets and taking power.

Honestly in my opinion the timing of this announcement is suspect.
The AG could have released the info any time this week but seemingly intentionally dragged it out so that the announcement comes on the same day as the Burisma report. All the news media will bury the Burisma story an focus on the Breonna Taylor decision and the riots likely to ensue.
(09-23-2020, 05:35 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Now we're under curfew from 9pm to 6:30am for at least the next three days and we're still an hour away from the announcement. This is definitely not looking good! 

Be safe
Only one officer, Brett Hankinson, got 3 counts of 1st degree wanton endangerment and $15,000 cash bond for hitting 3 other apartments (not Breonna Taylor or her apartment).
Shit is about to hit the fan y'all!

National Guard has been called in.
(09-23-2020, 06:26 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Only one officer, Brett Hankinson, got 3 counts of 1st degree wanton endangerment and $15,000 cash bond for hitting 3 other apartments (not Breonna Taylor or her apartment).
Shit is about to hit the fan y'all!

National Guard has been called in.

tinyshocked Time to go read Sol's stress relief thread.   tinylaughing  

Sorry, I know this is serious. Just trying to bring some "calm" to the situation. 

I'll be following this closely.
They're already setting trash cans on fire downtown.
Gonna be a long night!
The protesters left downtown and headed east away from us towards the wealthy side of town. No LMPD any where , but National Guard occupying down town.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(09-23-2020, 08:33 PM)kdog Wrote: The protesters left downtown and headed east away from us towards the wealthy side of town. No LMPD any where , but National Guard occupying down town.

I'm watching a live stream on FB of them walking down the road. No sound, but there is a large crowd.
Glad they are leaving your direction.  Still, keep your eyes and ears open as the night progresses.
(09-23-2020, 08:42 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 08:33 PM)kdog Wrote: The protesters left downtown and headed east away from us towards the wealthy side of town. No LMPD any where , but National Guard occupying down town.

I'm watching a live stream on FB of them walking down the road. No sound, but there is a large crowd.
Glad they are leaving your direction.  Still, keep your eyes and ears open as the night progresses.

Pretty quiet around here usually and we would know if something is up. I do expect the random violence to ramp up.
I'm going to go off on a little rant here.

I'm getting sick and fucking tired of anyone who feels justified in burning, looting, causing harm because they didn't get their god-damned way.

Life sucks, wear a helmet.

Life won't always go your way.  Sometimes shit happens.  But destroying innocent people's lives, properties, livelihoods is bullshit!

Suck it up, buttercups!

You won't get what you want if all you do is burn shit down.

You want to change the system?  Then become a part of it.

tinyok
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(09-23-2020, 09:01 PM)beez Wrote: I'm going to go off on a little rant here.

I'm getting sick and fucking tired of anyone who feels justified in burning, looting, causing harm because they didn't get their god-damned way.

Life sucks, wear a helmet.

Life won't always go your way.  Sometimes shit happens.  But destroying innocent people's lives, properties, livelihoods is bullshit!

Suck it up, buttercups!

You won't get what you want if all you do is burn shit down.

You want to change the system?  Then become a part of it.

tinyok

@"beez", this is what we get when all those kids grow up who had everything handed to them and got participation awards with no work involved.  They feel entitled to do or take anything that's not theirs because they've never been taught to respect others or had to face any real life consequences for their action.

"#Paddling's matter!"
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that grand jury room. There is a lot we don't know about and one can only speculate. I knew something was up when they started boarding things up days ago. 

Kdog, you and littleD make sure to keep your heads on a swivel. Stay safe.

All of a sudden, the police showed up and it got shut down real quick ! LOL !
(09-23-2020, 09:27 PM)kdog Wrote:

All of a sudden, the police showed up and it got shut down real quick ! LOL !

@"kdog", that's great to hear.  The live stream I was watching ended while they were still walking down the street.
The video clip in this tweet shows a U-haul pulling up with "supplies" inside for the "peaceful protests".  Who is behind funding this?
We know the answer.

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/...06539?s=20