Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peace And Quiet
I was out walking with the dogs and I heard what sounded like a group of people talking a little ways off. My dogs were on high alert, and I became extremely cautious. Living in the woods you know your neighbors, most important is your animals know your neighbors, and my dogs were not acting like these were people they knew, so I had to investigate.

What I found led me on a small journey, because when you get those little gears turning in my head, there is no stopping that train. 

I found a group of Ibis, and suddenly honed in to all the sounds around me. A common phrase is "Peace and quiet". There is nothing quiet about my peaceful little piece of the woods. 

Small sample of my quiet world.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I started to play your video, but had to stop the first 30 seconds because I thought my cat was going to attack my computer screen.

I love listening to birds, except the one who thinks the best time to sing is at 2 a.m. in the tree outside my window.   smalltappingfoot
(09-23-2020, 04:20 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I started to play your video, but had to stop the first 30 seconds because I thought my cat was going to attack my computer screen.

I love listening to birds, except the one who thinks the best time to sing is at 2 a.m. in the tree outside my window.   smalltappingfoot

We have one that sounds like a woman screaming. It can stop your heart for a few seconds, until you realize it is just a limpkin.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I love birds whether they be wild or domesticated. Besides chickens, ducks and geese we kept outside for eating we also kept cockatiels, finches and singing canaries inside the house as pets. My favorite was a cockatiel I named Snookums who rode on my shoulder in the car and went to the store with me. I always thought Snookums was a male but then when he was about three years old he surprised us all by laying an egg! lol! He/she also used to imitate the chickens. Good memories!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]