Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ruth Bader Ginsburg is Dead. No, Really!
This poor woman has been at the brink of death and came back to full health so many times over the past two years, people were beginning to think she was a clone. But this time, it appears they are allowing her death to be announced.

Fox flashed a picture in 2019 that she had died, but quickly took it down.  Guess they wanted to hold off and "keep her alive" until her death benefited them.

[Image: EiPHQAnXsAUY15P?format=jpg&name=small]

This upcoming week, and the weeks to follow, would definitely work in "their" favor to keep the airwaves swamped with stories about RBG to avoid having anyone seeing Trump rallies, or listen to Biden and his 6 supporters. And what about the news that's about to drop concerning Spygate/Obamagate?  That's supposed to be coming out any day now too.

Quote:WASHINGTON — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died on Friday of “complications of metastatic pancreas cancer,” the Supreme Court announced.

“Our nation has lost a jurist of historic stature,” Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. said in a statement. “We at the Supreme Court have lost a cherished colleague. Today we mourn, but with confidence that future generations will remember Ruth Bader Ginsburg as we knew her — a tireless and resolute champion of justice.”

Someone on Twitter was asking if this would give Pres. Trump time to get another SCOTUS in office before his term is up next year. The answer was Yes. They already have several approved and waiting.

Quote:The development will give President Trump the opportunity to name her successor, and Senate Republicans have promised to try to fill the vacancy even in the waning days of his first term. The confirmation battle, in the middle of a pandemic and a presidential election, is sure to be titanic.

Mr. Trump has appointed two members of the Supreme Court, Justices Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh, moving the court slightly to the right. The replacement of Justice Ginsburg, the leader of the court’s four-member liberal wing, could transform the court into a profoundly conservative institution, one in which Republican appointees would outnumber Democratic ones six to three.
Source

Wonder if this State Funeral will last as long as George H. Bush's?  Lord help me! I don't think I could stand it if it does.   tinyshocked
(09-19-2020, 01:20 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: This poor woman has been at the brink of death and came back to full health so many times over the past two years, people were beginning to think she was a clone. But this time, it appears they are allowing her death to be announced.

Fox flashed a picture in 2019 that she had died, but quickly took it down.  Guess they wanted to hold off and "keep her alive" until her death benefited them.

[Image: EiPHQAnXsAUY15P?format=jpg&name=small]

This upcoming week, and the weeks to follow, would definitely work in "their" favor to keep the airwaves swamped with stories about RBG to avoid having anyone seeing Trump rallies, or listen to Biden and his 6 supporters. And what about the news that's about to drop concerning Spygate/Obamagate?  That's supposed to be coming out any day now too.

Quote:WASHINGTON — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died on Friday of “complications of metastatic pancreas cancer,” the Supreme Court announced.

“Our nation has lost a jurist of historic stature,” Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. said in a statement. “We at the Supreme Court have lost a cherished colleague. Today we mourn, but with confidence that future generations will remember Ruth Bader Ginsburg as we knew her — a tireless and resolute champion of justice.”

Someone on Twitter was asking if this would give Pres. Trump time to get another SCOTUS in office before his term is up next year. The answer was Yes. They already have several approved and waiting.

Quote:The development will give President Trump the opportunity to name her successor, and Senate Republicans have promised to try to fill the vacancy even in the waning days of his first term. The confirmation battle, in the middle of a pandemic and a presidential election, is sure to be titanic.

Mr. Trump has appointed two members of the Supreme Court, Justices Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh, moving the court slightly to the right. The replacement of Justice Ginsburg, the leader of the court’s four-member liberal wing, could transform the court into a profoundly conservative institution, one in which Republican appointees would outnumber Democratic ones six to three.
Source

Wonder if this State Funeral will last as long as George H. Bush's?  Lord help me! I don't think I could stand it if it does.   tinyshocked

no ill will towards her as far as life goes, and i know her family are morning her death. but she should have left many years ago.

the sitting as a judge for life is a bunch of horse shit, along with being nominated by the president and confirmed by the senate. those people can literary change the nation with a ruling. something that important should be voted on by the people just like every everybody body else.
Fox just flashed that same pic from 2019 a few minutes ago !!

WTF  tinylaughing
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
IMO the Democrats and the RINOs will do everything they can to stop another Supreme Court justice installed by Trump. I hope they fail.
[img=96x96]blob:http://rogue-nation3.com/6d8e7629-8f5f-4254-9cd1-bad65a984acd[/img]

A truly sad day for the country! May she Rest In Peace. Great woman, did so much for this country. She will be very much missed.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(09-19-2020, 02:15 AM)ChiefD Wrote: [img=96x96]blob:http://rogue-nation3.com/6d8e7629-8f5f-4254-9cd1-bad65a984acd[/img]

A truly sad day for the country! May she Rest In Peace. Great woman, did so much for this country. She will be very much missed.

She made it clear she wanted to pass a bill making it okay to have sex with a 12 yr old. She supported pedos and abortion up to birth.

I have no sympathy for this woman, and I think she is getting her justice now in the most supreme court of all.

This is one death where  I can't say Rest In Peace.
(09-19-2020, 02:13 AM)727Sky Wrote: IMO the Democrats and the RINOs will do everything they can to stop another Supreme Court justice installed by Trump. I hope they fail.

Those that hate Democracy and the American Constitution would feel that way. I totally understand that.
internet Agent Provocateur
(09-19-2020, 02:13 AM)727Sky Wrote: IMO the Democrats and the RINOs will do everything they can to stop another Supreme Court justice installed by Trump. I hope they fail.

@"727Sky" 

Chuck Schumer has already started crying about Trump filling her seat. He wants to wait until after the next President is named.  He thinks they are going to win.  He's delusional. Just like that time he was talking to that invisible thing in his seat during the impeachment hearings.   tinylaughing
This will cause riots, lootings, arson. . . oh wait. . .  tinybighuh

RIP RBG

Niow she's dead, the war begins tonight.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
First off, I'm glad in a sad way the woman is finally at peace. Disagreed with her on issues but IMHO the struggle with cancer transcended that.

It would be good if they honor her passing before everyone in the media cranks up the 'next nominee' noise.

The social psycho-ness probably did not need this fuel to add to its fire. But I guess if it's already past the point of reason, one more match won't make much difference.  

I hope Trump nominates a female, pan-sexual, race indeterminate, pot smoking vegan who is a giant 2A supporter. Just watching heads explode trying to spin that will be worth the price of admission.
R I P Ruth Bader Ginsberg. I respected her as to what she did with her life and the women's movement. I may not have agreed with some of her decisions , but what she achieved in the late 50's and 60's deserves respect.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(09-19-2020, 02:24 AM)Antisthenes Wrote:

Those that hate Democracy and the American Constitution would feel that way. I totally understand that.

Looking at who the POTUS has nominated to the SCOTUS ... I'd have to say he's been fairly moderate in his selection.

Kavanaugh is a straight-up sissy ... looky, looky, look at me type.

President Trump doesn't really know who his nominees are.  He got a list of judges from swamp creatures.  Who do you actually think is on that list?

Now Ginsburg ... I've got nothing nice to say ...
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(09-19-2020, 05:04 AM)Snarl Wrote:

Looking at who the POTUS has nominated to the SCOTUS ... I'd have to say he's been fairly moderate in his selection.

President Trump doesn't really know who his nominees are.  He got a list of judges from swamp creatures.  Who do you actually think is on that list?

My point was missed.... either the right exists for POTUS to choose the nominee or it doesn't.

Two words.........Merrick Garland

Justice Scalia is spinning in his grave after seeing McConnell wiping his greasy, filthy hands with what's left of the Constitution that old Antonin so rigidly adhered to.

Was Mitch right then or is he right now? Can't be both. Was he a scumbag then or is he one now. No question mark was posted as that was entirely rhetorical. The answer is quite obvious.

hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

I've stated it before but it bears repeating,

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls".....
(09-19-2020, 05:48 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: My point was missed.... either the right exists for POTUS to choose the nominee or it doesn't.

Justice Scalia is spinning in his grave after seeing McConnell wiping his greasy, filthy hands with what's left of the Constitution that old Antonin so rigidly adhered to.  

Was Mitch right then or  is he right now? Can't be both. Was he a scumbag then or is he one now.  No question mark was posted as that was entirely rhetorical. The answer is quite obvious.

hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

"Ask not  for whom the bell tolls".....

I fail to see how Merritt Garland applies to your argument, He WAS nominated by the POTUS. After that nomination, the role of the POTUS in the selection is complete. It then falls to the Senate to say yay or nay.

So yes, it is the right of the POTUS to select the nominee. It is the right of the Senate after that nomination to approve or disapprove. In the case of Garland, the Senate disapproved. at that point, it befell the POTUS to select another nominee for the process to recycle, and that happened, too. In the interim, the POTUS changed. It could have been Hillary doing the selection of the next nominee. Thank God that didn't happen!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-19-2020, 07:06 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 05:48 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: My point was missed.... either the right exists for POTUS to choose the nominee or it doesn't.

Was Mitch right then or  is he right now? Can't be both. Was he a scumbag then or is he one now.  No question mark was posted as that was entirely rhetorical. The answer is quite obvious.

hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
noun

"Ask not  for whom the bell tolls".....

I fail to see how Merritt Garland applies to your argument, He WAS nominated by the POTUS. After that nomination, the role of the POTUS in the selection is complete. It then falls to the Senate to say yay or nay.

So yes, it is the right of the POTUS to select the nominee. It is the right of the Senate after that nomination to approve or disapprove. In the case of Garland, the Senate disapproved. at that point, it befell the POTUS to select another nominee for the process to recycle, and that happened, too. In the interim, the POTUS changed. It could have been Hillary doing the selection of the next nominee. Thank God that didn't happen!

The American people should now expect the same consideration to be applicable. Particularly since the politics are deeply in play....when the Republicans win...nominate. Conversely, should the Dems win....

(09-19-2020, 05:48 AM)Antisthenes Wrote:

My point was missed.... either the right exists for POTUS to choose the nominee or it doesn't.

Merrick Garland ... I don't know the guy .. and you probably don't either.

The POTUS nominates.  He doesn't choose.

Your argument can't carry water.

The Senate considers and confirms ... or doesn't, as in the case of Garland.  It's the way our government works.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
May she rest in peace.

And may the Senate confirm the justice nominated by the POTUS.

LONG VIEW: One more indicator the era of 1968 is closing.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(09-19-2020, 08:11 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 05:48 AM)Antisthenes Wrote:

Merrick Garland ... I don't know the guy .. and you probably don't either.

The POTUS nominates.  He doesn't choose.

Your argument can't carry water.

The Senate considers and confirms ... or doesn't, as in the case of Garland.  It's the way our government works.

The question was is McConnell a liar and hypocrite. He is and by his owm admission. This entire Administration has been built on lies. So congratulations to the Republicans. I fear what the Dems will do when they get power again. All bets are off and we the people will be the ones to pay the price. The entire system appears to be broken and it very much looks like were heading down the path of no return. I'm amazed at how quick our elected officials went down that rabbit hole. But here we are. So much for the American experiment. That was a very, very short ride.
(09-19-2020, 09:31 AM)Antisthenes Wrote:  The entire system appears to be broken and it very much looks like were heading down the path of no return. I'm amazed at how quick our elected officials went down that rabbit hole. But here we are. So much for the American experiment. That was a very, very short ride.

I'm utterly unable to follow your Garland vs McConnell argument, as I don't see the dichotomy that you seem to, but in this I believe you are correct. We have passed the point of no return, and it's going to be on, no matter which side wins the election,

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Mystic Wanderer" 

Quote:Just like that time he was talking to that invisible thing in his seat during the impeachment hearings.

Hey!  The invisible thing resents your remarks!   tinylaughing 

Yeah . . . this whole train of events is more like a never-ending circus train, full of oddities and sideshows.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]