Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tlaloc, Aztec god of rain
This is one of the coolest statues of an ancient god I have seen. I only wish the pic was of the full statue!

[Image: Tlaloc.jpg]

Quote:Chaac’s Aztec counterpart is known as Tlaloc. Like Chaac, Tlaloc is also an ancient deity, and was in charge not only of the rains, but also had jurisdiction over agriculture and fertility. Additionally, the Aztecs believed that Tlaloc was the ruler of the fourth heaven or sky, which is known as Tlalocan (meaning the ‘Place of Tlaloc’). This place has been described as a paradise reserved for those who have died violently due to water-related causes, as well as new-born children and women who died during child-birth. On earth, Tlaloc was believed to reside on the top of mountains, especially those covered by clouds, as it was from these high places that the god sent the rains to his worshippers.

Tlaloc also had spiritual helpers and was married to a goddess.

I'm wondering if that statue is made of jade? Would absolutely LOVE to have a replica!

LINK
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
Love it !

Sounds like a hint for a Christmas present.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Great stuff. Love the statue.  Never seen anything like that
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
That thing looks scary and evil.  No wonder humans did it's bidding!  Just look at those teeth!   tinywhat 

Looks similar to the Creature From The Black Lagoon.  Wonder if the movie people took their idea from Tlaloc?

[Image: creature-from-the-black-lagoon-halloween-mask~13969600]
(09-13-2020, 05:09 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: That thing looks scary and evil.  No wonder humans did it's bidding!  Just look at those teeth!   tinywhat 

Looks similar to the Creature From The Black Lagoon.  Wonder if the movie people took their idea from Tlaloc?

[Image: creature-from-the-black-lagoon-halloween-mask~13969600]
Seems that it has been used a lot in Sci Fi
(09-13-2020, 02:01 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: This is one of the coolest statues of an ancient god I have seen. I only wish the pic was of the full statue!

[Image: Tlaloc.jpg]

Yes, it is fascinating and cool! I see varied opinions here...
To me, this brings tribes into my mind. The ones deep in the rain forests, untouched by modern civilizations. They might have tattoos which have been done by same methods for centuries. Piercings made of animal bones. Mud rubbed on their skins and their hair is messy and all over the place. I like this.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
There are statues of Tlaloc to be had from Amazon, but they do not resemble the image shown by @"GeauxHomeLittleD" .

That thing looks like something that lives underwater.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

@"Mystic Wanderer" 

I remember having nightmares about the creature from the black lagoon as a child. I've been addicted to horror movies as long as I can remember!

I think Tlaloc would be an excellent subject for a horror film! How scary and wonderful!!!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]