Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
University Offers ‘Safe Space,’ Counseling For Students Triggered by RNC
You just knew this was going to happen, Yes, Those Poor, Poor Students, Junior Adults, That are suppose to be prepared to Accept today's Challenges in the world.
Yes it seems they were Traumatized By The RNC and Trump!
Poor Sniveling Little Cowards, Need To Go A Suckal Mama's Tit! tinyangry
Quote:Case Western Reserve University’s online newsletter informed students that they would be providing counseling and a “safe space” for those traumatized by the Republican National Convention.
The highly-ranked Ohio university is about a fifteen minute drive from Quicken Loans Arena. “Just as recent events prompted the city of Cleveland to reassess its security plans, so too has the university. After extensive consultation among our leadership team and discussions in last week’s open forums, we have decided that the university will reduce its on-campus operations significantly…” the newsletter announced.

However, counseling services for students and staff would be unaffected by shutdown. “University Counseling Services will continue to offer walk-in services for students who want to talk with someone about their concerns related to recent events and/or the upcoming convention,” the newsletter said, also noting that there was “a counselor available on campus during the workday for staff or faculty who wish to talk about their concerns.”

“Working in collaboration with the university’s LGBT Center, the Social Justice Institute will host a “safe space” adjacent to its offices in the basement of Crawford Hall during the week,” it continued. “The Interreligious Council also will house a safe space for those who want to talk or reflect about their concerns at the Interfaith Plaza…”
Source For Those Needing Pacifier

OH,,, Hell I'm Not Done,,,,, They were also Traumatized By the Police That were There To Provide Protection and Security For The RNC.
I'm Not Kidding,,,, No Bull-Shit!
Quote:Cleveland College Students 'Traumatized' by RNC Cops Staying in Their Dorms

Quote:Any event like the Republican National Convention requires a great deal of security. There are so many high-profile personalities, for one thing. For another, it's just too high-profile an event to not have a lot of security.
With needs like that, it's unsurprising that police have been brought in from out of town. Those officers are being housed at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
Apparently, the special snowflakes who go to school there got a case of the vapors just thinking about the boys in blue being so near:

Quote:The students were incensed that school officials had agreed to allow police officers imported to maintain order during the convention to stay in campus housing. More than 300 [students] signed an online petitiondemanding that, among other things, the “riot police” store their weapons off-campus between shifts, restrict themselves exclusively to the residence halls, and abide by university rules regarding anti-discrimination and sexual harassment.

Some students even asked to be moved to alternative housing for the week, saying the increased police presence caused them to “fear for their safety” following the shooting deaths of two black men in Minnesota and Louisiana.

“I am scared and concerned for students of color, queer* and trans* students and all university community members at the mercy of an arbitrarily expanded police force without clear oversight or attachment to the community,” wrote one petitioner, Shannon Groll. “Please, protect CWRU as a safe space for all bodies.”
“I am deeply troubled by the presence -- even temporarily -- of a militarized police force on the CWRU campus,” wrote Keith Fitch. “The number one priority for an educational institution is to guarantee a safe environment for its students, faculty, and staff.”

Let me be blunt here: These students are not concerned about anyone's safety.
Besides the obvious grandstanding taking place in the name of progressive ideology, the only concerns these students have revolve around getting caught doing the illegal crap college kids are known for doing in dorms.
Think about it.
Source, Babies Need Their Diapers Changed

My Friends, these are the "leaders" that are supposed to take this country into the future? 
Cleveland college students FIGHT song: Whaaaaaahhhhhhh! Whhhhaaaaaahhhhhhh! whhaaaaaaahhhhhhh!
[Image: original.jpg?w=600&h]
Send these precious little petals back to kindergarten that's where they belong. Keep them there until they are equipped to deal with the real world. tinyangry
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Oh, these poor souls won't stand a chance in the Big-Boy world!

On the plus-side, companies in the future will save on stationary as all
they'll have to purchase is crayons and Disney colouring books.

I keep hoping all of this BS and they've somehow convinced the idiot academics
of this imaginary frame-of-mind, so they can get out of lessons.
But...
tinysurprised
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
They will never be ready for the real world, not until they venture forth from their "safe spaces" ™ and experience a wee bit of reality.

"Safe Spaces" ™ should be outlawed for every human being over the age of 12, unless they are willing to wear a big target on their backs that say around the rim of the target "I'm a wussy - please kick me".

On a side note, Grace just told me she needs a "Safe Space" ™ because the DNC is convening right now. She's feeling very vulnerable at the moment, I think, so I'll wait to tomorrow to hang the sign on her back...
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’