Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cover Tunes
screwed up post, frickin computer been acting up. not sure if it the computer or isp
i was saving this one, waiting to see if anybody posted it. it was originally released by a band that has been hailed as one of the all time greats.
it has been covered by many other well known groups that themselves have been called all time greats.

including,
tom petty and the heart breakers, kenny wayne shepard, big country, ratt and more.
i'm going to post three of em again,

the one i like best, from a little known group i saw in mobile al with zz top my jr year of high school.

and as a bonus, it originally was a two part tune so here is part 2.

(09-10-2020, 06:39 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 09:59 PM)Moonmagic Wrote:

i use to think that 5FDP were the cover kings, i was wrong Me First And The Gimme Gimmes have taken that title and Reign Supreme. 
i checked them out after your post, and my count they have like a 115 covers.  smallrofl smallrofl smallrofl

lol Famous for it, a little bit samey as most mainstream Punk is, but so fun most of the time! I can't even remember a song they wrote themselves off the top of my head?

smallcrackingup
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(09-11-2020, 03:55 PM)Snarl Wrote:

i'm almost ashamed to say i thought bananarama tune was a good one back in the day. reason being i remembered the song form my childhood.
my mom was a stay at home mom for the first 14 years of my life. she'd listen to the radio in the mornings, didn't watch tv until about noon when her soaps would come on and turn it off about three when they went off, turned the radio back on until my dad got home about six.

my folks had a console stereo, you remember those? it was more like a piece of furniture than a radio and that bad boy was loud.

any way there was a radio station in mobile that played rock and roll from the 50's on up, they also played stuff like tom jones which i'm also ashamed to say that i know many of his tunes by heart. nah he's pretty good if you like that kind of music, i also know a lot of tony orlando and dawn, dean martian, well you get the picture.

man i wish i hadn't thought about those people. now Delilah, and She A Lady are running through my head.

please God make it stop. tinybiggrin

there is one of his songs that i just thought of 

not the best recording,
(09-11-2020, 10:41 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
I'm almost ashamed to say I thought the Bananarama tune was a good one back in the day. Reason being I remembered the song from my childhood.

It certainly was a worthwhile re-make.  minusculebeercheers

(09-11-2020, 10:41 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
My folks had a console stereo, you remember those? It was more like a piece of furniture than a radio and that bad boy was loud.

Yeah ... I remember my dad building the cabinets down in the basement.  Ours had one speaker cabinet that was designed to fit in a corner.  My my took it with us when they divorced and kept it out in the Florida room.  It would hardly ever be played again.  It was still my dad's, even though he'd never get it back.  I've no idea what became of it.

You better run!

internet Agent Provocateur
A few recent ones here for you:

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris [Official Music Video]

DIAMANTE & Breaking Benjamin - Iris (Official Video)

------------

Sting - If I Ever Lose My Faith In You

Disturbed - If I Ever Lose My Faith in You [Official Music Video]

"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Kim Wilde - Kids in America

Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day - Kids in America

"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers

Strange Kind of Women - Perfect Strangers tinyloveit

Bruce Dickinson & Dream Theater - Perfect Strangers

Jorn - Perfect Strangers

"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

You better run!

You better run!
Dream Theater - Pull Me Under

This 11 yr lil girl (at the time) has a pair of lungs!

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

First attempt at posting videos.

Strangely enough I played all three of these yesterday.

The original:

Heard this version first, years before I heard the Lennon original.
It was the B Side of King Rocker which I still have on vinyl.

And finally the fantastic Primal Scream.
This is more a cover of Gen X's cover.

I just saw this one by Cake today. I never new they did a cover of this song. I kinda like it.

Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

Jimmy Fallon and Paul Rudd Recreate "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)"  tinybiggrin

Jackson Browne - Running On Empty

Bob Schneider - Running On Empty

Deep Purple - Highway Star

And the great rockin' classic turned thunderously heavy by Type O