Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oregon wildfire a view from my front door
(09-11-2020, 01:23 AM)ChiefD Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 06:01 PM)beez Wrote: @"Mystic Wanderer"

Someone was arrested yesterday for shooting fireworks into some woods north of us.

tinyok

OMG, you can’t fix stupid! I hope that person rots in jail for a long time. Geez. Thinking of you all, and thinking of your daughter @kdog.

I am calling this one insanity. Or a combination of insanity and stupidity. I am insane too, sometimes stupid, but my intentions are good.

@"beez" You are in my thoughts. I hope everything turns out alright in the end. Must be a stressful situation. Stay strong, bro! Try to use your kick-ass humor as a weapon if brains get too crowded. I do that sometimes, and sometimes it works just fine.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Heart 
@beez I saw your post on ATS. Getting lots of love over there too. We’re all thinking of you and your family. I think it’s wonderful that you have a couple of families staying with you. That’s an awesome gesture on your part.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(09-11-2020, 02:45 AM)ChiefD Wrote: @beez I saw your post on ATS. Getting lots of love over there too. We’re all thinking of you and your family. I think it’s wonderful that you have a couple of families staying with you. That’s an awesome gesture on your part.

Just doing what I can.

tinywondering

Thanks.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(09-11-2020, 03:02 AM)beez Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 02:45 AM)ChiefD Wrote: @beez I saw your post on ATS. Getting lots of love over there too. We’re all thinking of you and your family. I think it’s wonderful that you have a couple of families staying with you. That’s an awesome gesture on your part.

Just doing what I can.

tinywondering

Thanks.

How close is the fire to you now?  Any luck in getting the other one put out any?
(09-11-2020, 03:11 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 03:02 AM)beez Wrote:

Just doing what I can.

tinywondering

Thanks.

How close is the fire to you now?  Any luck in getting the other one put out any?

No change and no containment level reported.

The major interstate to our south is still shut down, they're estimating 300 plus acres burned.

I think they're going to do the minimum until the rains come on Monday.
-Abraham Lincoln
(09-09-2020, 07:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 06:50 PM)beez Wrote: Thongs went from bad to good to shit in the space of 3 hours.

We have another family living with us now, I'm away from work after evacuating them.

This was yesterday

[Image: ac9pwji.jpg]

This is today, same area at 10 this morning

[Image: 0cnLtBO.jpg]

Time to go!  If it gets any worse you won't be able to see how to drive out. And wear your masks. Not because of the virus, but because of the smoke.

Sorry if I sound like I'm talking to a kid. I guess it's just the mother in me trying to take care of people.

Beez is a white rabbit, especially after laborday.  Not a baby goat.
(09-11-2020, 01:23 AM)ChiefD Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 06:01 PM)beez Wrote: @"Mystic Wanderer"

Someone was arrested yesterday for shooting fireworks into some woods north of us.

tinyok

OMG, you can’t fix stupid! I hope that person rots in jail for a long time. Geez. Thinking of you all, and thinking of your daughter @kdog.

She is fine so far. I just talked to her.  They are keeping an eye on it and have an escape plan. Thank you !
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
A question:

Are these fires more frequent these days? During the past 3 or 4 years or so?

Or is it that i am paying more attention, because i have had the pleasure of getting to know some people from the United States of America, and i care about them? Or is it just that there is more media coverage about these fires nowadays?

I am puzzled here tinybigeyes
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(09-11-2020, 06:26 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: A question:

Are these fires more frequent these days? During the past 3 or 4 years or so?

Or is it that i am paying more attention, because i have had the pleasure of getting to know some people from the United States of America, and i care about them? Or is it just that there is more media coverage about these fires nowadays?

I am puzzled here tinybigeyes

I think they have been getting worse over the last few decades. Actually , seems like alot of weather has gotten worse , in my opinion.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
The fire is partially contained, my house finally free of our guests, some are being allowed to go back home.

tinywondering
-Abraham Lincoln
(09-11-2020, 10:54 PM)beez Wrote: The fire is partially contained, my house finally free of our guests, some are being allowed to go back home.

tinywondering

That's great news. I'm sure you'll be happy to have your home back to yourself, and we can all take a sigh of relief now.   minusculebeercheers
(09-11-2020, 10:59 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 10:54 PM)beez Wrote: The fire is partially contained, my house finally free of our guests, some are being allowed to go back home.

tinywondering

That's great news. I'm sure you'll be happy to have your home back to yourself, and we can all take a sigh of relief now.   minusculebeercheers

[Image: 0z0PVDF.gif]
-Abraham Lincoln
(09-12-2020, 12:02 AM)beez Wrote: [quote pid='53738' dateline='1599861568']

[/quote]

Local news say anything about the people who have been arrested?
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(09-12-2020, 03:49 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 12:02 AM)beez Wrote: [quote pid='53738' dateline='1599861568']

Local news say anything about the people who have been arrested?
[/quote]

Not a damned word.
-Abraham Lincoln
(channeling Shrub Jr) . . .

" Heckuva Job, @"beez" !! "

tinybiggrin 

Have a few of these to reward yourself.  Ah, the memories . . .

[Image: PARK-pirminator-0-3l-Detail.png]

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Thanks for the updates @"beez".

I hope that the worst is over now.

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
I have no idea if this video is real. Can anyone with the right program tell?  It shows a drone spewing down fire on the mountains in OR.

Click the link:  https://twitter.com/fukushimaexpos2/stat...49632?s=20
(09-12-2020, 06:58 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I have no idea if this video is real. Can anyone with the right program tell?  It shows a drone spewing down fire on the mountains in OR.

They do make  drones that do that, I wonder what this video was actually from and when it was recorded.  That doesn't look like they were trying to do a burnback to fight a fire, I do not know what is going on with that.  They even sell atachments for drones.

htthttps://throwflame.com/tf-19-wasp/

ps://nypost.com/2019/07/22/company-unveils-1500-flamethrower-that-will-attach-to-your-drone/

The question is....should they allow these drone flame throwers to be sold to people?
(09-12-2020, 06:58 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I have no idea if this video is real. Can anyone with the right program tell?  It shows a drone spewing down fire on the mountains in OR.

It's not a drone, it's a Fire Dept Helicopter. (You can HEAR it if you turn up the sound.)

They often "take out" an area of trees (especially next to a road/river) in front of an advancing line of fire, to deprive it of fuel.
Normal FD tactics.

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]