Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Endangered Croc Gives Piggyback Ride To 100 Babies
Talk about child support ! After mating with 7 or 8 female crocs, I guess dad has to take care of them ? 

Quote:In this photo, taken by India-based photographer Dhritiman Mukherjee, a male freshwater gharial shows us why. Bobbing in the waters of northern India's National Chambal Sanctuary, the croc waits as more than 100 of his month-old children clamber onto his back for safe passage.

"Other crocs carry their young about in their mouths," Patrick Campbell, the senior curator of reptiles at London's Natural History Museum, told BBC.com. "But for the gharial, the unusual morphology of the snout means this is not possible. So the young have to cling to the head and back for that close connection and protection."

https://www.livescience.com/gharial-croc...photo.html

[Image: baby-croc.webp]
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
@"kdog" 

Don't be getting any bright ideas! 

[Image: computers-domestic-wife-husband-cheat-on...16-low.jpg]

minusculechairshot
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(09-04-2020, 11:29 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"kdog" 

minusculechairshot

smallrofl
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(09-04-2020, 11:29 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"kdog" 

minusculechairshot

I can barely keep up with you, besides, you are fixed.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
It is easy to think of creatures like that as primitive and crude.

But visit an alligator park somewhere and start throwing food into the water.  When a hundred little ones show up, opening and closing their jaws to indicate they want to be fed . . .

Yep, keep distance because they're dangerous.  But smart, much smarter than one might imagine.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]