Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Evil of it All
Quote:Members of a Reddit group for discussing Scotland found many articles on the Scots-language Wikipedia, purporting to be written in the language, were really written in a broken English imitation. Further examination of the articles revealed they were all edited or authored primarily by a single user who is one of Scots Wikipedia’s few administrators, users with special privileges on the site. The administrator is an American teenager not fluent in the language.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/09/0...-language/

Not really surprised.  I used to edit Wikipedia and saw many questionable things go on as far as editing and moderation are concerned.

Sounds like this Wikipedia could use the attention of talented fellows like @"gordi".  But the Wiki environment is often not pleasant to work in.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(09-04-2020, 07:22 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
Quote:Members of a Reddit group for discussing Scotland found many articles on the Scots-language Wikipedia, purporting to be written in the language, were really written in a broken English imitation. Further examination of the articles revealed they were all edited or authored primarily by a single user who is one of Scots Wikipedia’s few administrators, users with special privileges on the site. The administrator is an American teenager not fluent in the language.

Not really surprised.  I used to edit Wikipedia and saw many questionable things go on as far as editing and moderation are concerned.

Sounds like this Wikipedia could use the attention of talented fellows like @"gordi".  But the Wiki environment is often not pleasant to work in.

Cheers

grrrr that is all.
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(09-04-2020, 07:31 AM)gordi Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 07:22 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:

Cheers

grrrr that is all.
G

More pandemonium. Truth dies an ignominous death at the hands of the interwebz. Who could have dreamt that the Antichrist is actually the cyber cesspool? Ironic that Beelzebub is an amalgamation of all of our worst tendencies. Naaah...maybe not.....
internet Agent Provocateur
Wikipedia is not the most trusted place to go when looking for real, true content anyway, so I'm not surprised either.   tinysure
(09-04-2020, 07:22 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I used to edit Wikipedia and saw many questionable things go on as far as editing and moderation are concerned.

I used to do that during my spare time on-duty.  Tedious effort and could all be over-turned so easily (on a whim actually, and with hardly any notice).  Some people just have to have it their way.  And, so I stopped making the effort.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Scotland! minusculeclap

I recommend each and everyone to do the following:

-Google image search "Countryside of Scotland"

-Google image search "Edinburgh"

-Learn about The Whisky Barrel Pyramids of Scotland

-Learn about The Falkirk Wheel

Not much room to talk shit about that nation after that, i am telling you.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre