Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tucker and a powerful broadcast
Thanks SKY, that was one powerful video
I forced myself to sit through that. I don't like Tucker. 

But as they say, even a broke watch is right twice a day.

Thanks.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(08-25-2020, 01:10 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I forced myself to sit through that. I don't like Tucker. 

But as they say, even a broke watch is right twice a day.

Thanks.

Never thought about liking or not ... I guess I like his news so it goes I like him too. One of the last holdouts for real news.
Was wondering when he was going to suggest we lock & load at take the country back at gunpoint.

Maybe that'll be next week.

Some of his comments were forehead slappers.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(08-25-2020, 01:41 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Never thought about liking or not ... I guess I like his news so it goes I like him too. One of the last holdouts for real news.

I can see his appeal, but from my personal point of view, Tucker is a tool, more so than many. He doesn't report the news, he tells  you what he wants you to think, just like the rest. The man gets paid to sway your opinion. I get it. It is his job. Just like it is for  any entertainer.

What I don't like about him, is that he shares those views in such a condescending manner, that it is off putting to me.

I also know that some do like him. I don't have a problem with that.

In my quest to keep an open mind and to at least listen, when a fellow a Rogue shares a post, I made myself watch Tucker's video. I thanked @727Sky for the opportunity to watch a video I normally would have skipped.

While I agree with much of what he said, this time, doesn't mean that I will agree with what he says in his next video. I usually don't agree with him. It is why I don't watch his videos, and why I said a broke watch is right twice a day.

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-25-2020, 01:57 PM)Snarl Wrote: Was wondering when he was going to suggest we lock & load at take the country back at gunpoint.

Maybe that'll be next week.

Some of his comments were forehead slappers.
Yea it seems the American people are saturated with false naratives and news agenda's and it has worn thin. It would not surprise me if people take on a new defiance toward WHO authority and so called Medical personel / doctors  opinions and decide enough is enough. This tidy little ?scam? has about run it's course. There comes a point it becomes the boy who cried 'wolf'.  One can't help but see the obvious too... politics and the elections.
(08-25-2020, 02:09 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 01:41 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Never thought about liking or not ... I guess I like his news so it goes I like him too. One of the last holdouts for real news.

I can see his appeal, but from my personal point of view, Tucker is a tool, more so than many. He doesn't report the news, he tells  you what he wants you to think, just like the rest. The man gets paid to sway your opinion. I get it. It is his job. Just like it is for  any entertainer.

What I don't like about him, is that he shares those views in such a condescending manner, that it is off putting to me.

In my quest to keep an open mind and to at least listen, when a fellow a Rogue shares a post, I made myself watch Tucker's video. I thanked @727Sky for the opportunity to watch a video I normally would have skipped.

While I agree with much of what he said, this time, doesn't mean that I will agree with what he says in his next video. I usually don't agree with him. It is why I don't watch his videos, and why I said a broke watch is right twice a day.
I make a point of reading as much things as I can from different POV, and then see how it all fits together. I often post info I dont agree with but give everyone as wide spread info as I can. Your post if looked at from a communication POV one part of it stands out.
(08-25-2020, 02:09 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

That is a good policy, and one I might add that I am obligated to abide by as a Mod, "Both sides, like it or not".  But it is at times difficult, And you are right about him dirrecting 'spin'.  
In the realm of political comentators, I do trust Ben Shapiro, Candice Owens and Trey Gowdy. And few others.
(08-25-2020, 02:09 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Yea it seems the American people are saturated with false naratives and news agenda's and it has worn thin. It would not surprise me if people take on a new defiance toward WHO authority and so called Medical personel / doctors  opinions and decide enough is enough. This tidy little ?scam? has about run it's course. There comes a point it becomes the boy who cried 'wolf'.  One can't help but see the obvious too... politics and the elections.

It would be a refreshing change of pace if the MSM got out of the entertainment business and dealt with just the basics. 

Everyone will come to their own conclusion to what those facts mean to them, and with social media being what it is, the facts will often be distorted and morphed into cadres of the like minded, but at least the information would not come with a global or national seal of approval.

• minusculebeercheers 

He's right! 

I love Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, he's quick witted with guests and is knowledgable. 

Tool or not, he's the right tool at the right time when you need a good, informed opinion. 

minusculeknocks
So, what's next?  Are they connecting our breathing to be causing climate change? 
Will they try to force us to wear a mask to help decrease the levels of Co2 now?

Next question... do these people think we're crazy?   tinysurprised
(08-25-2020, 04:35 PM)DaphneApollo Wrote: He's right! 

I love Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, he's quick witted with guests and is knowledgable. 

Tool or not, he's the right tool at the right time when you need a good, informed opinion. 

minusculeknocks

minusculebeercheers 

We agree to disagree on this one.

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-25-2020, 04:58 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: So, what's next?  Are they connecting our breathing to be causing climate change? 
Will they try to force us to wear a mask to help decrease the levels of Co2 now?

There is an easier and far more effective way to reduce the amount of CO2 us humans produce. 

If we aren't breathing, that pretty much takes care of the problem. Keep cutting down all the trees and pave over every square inch of ground. 

I think they have this covered.

And no, they don't think we are crazy. They know we will do what ever they tell us to do, we have proven that time, after, time, after time. So, I guess they see as foolish. There is a slight difference.

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-25-2020, 05:17 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 04:58 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: So, what's next?  Are they connecting our breathing to be causing climate change? 

There is an easier and far more effective way to reduce the amount of CO2 us humans produce. 

If we aren't breathing, that pretty much takes care of the problem. Keep cutting down all the trees and pave over every square inch of ground. 

I think they have this covered.

And no, they don't think we are crazy. They know we will do what ever they tell us to do, we have proven that time, after, time, after time. So, I guess they see as foolish. There is a slight difference.

Not me!   tinytongue   (Sticking tongue out at them, not you @"NightskyeB4Dawn")
Either TPTB are getting better at using fear as a tool or the sheeple are getting mentally weaker. Maybe a little of both.
:mediumfrightened:
(08-25-2020, 05:20 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Not me!   tinytongue   (Sticking tongue out at them, not you @"NightskyeB4Dawn")

Yep.

It's not easy being green.

But........

I think green is exactly what I want to be.

minusculebeercheers

• minusculebeercheers 

I Couldn't hear the Tuckster pontificating, my ears are still ringing after kimmy's incessantly screaming at me what a cesspool the PRK is. I am so very tired of being patronized and lied to while all these pitiful thugs and petty tyrant grifters line their pockets by disassembing the country their parents and grandparents gave all to build. We've become such a shameful parody.
internet Agent Provocateur