Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gleaning Rogues
As most of us know, there has been a migration here to the Rogue Nation, and for good reason. But let that not be the sole reason for the increase in numbers. The forum Rouge Nation Is all that other forums  should aspire to be, with a welcome that is genuine and a membership accustomed to everyday courtesy. Many of the newer members I have a shared past with on another forum that in it's day was a great spot to search through topics mysterious and thought provoking. Alien and domestic, all topics managed their way in. But then a struggle for power grew out of the forming ashes of a collapsing once great forum, clicks rose up, and a couple especially formidable moderators.. Politics became the curse that would spell its demise, and perhaps at this point it became irreversible. The escape came in earnest earlier this year with many members searching for an alternate forum, one with many of the qualities their former forum lacked.

In the end, I lost my membership there, but never looked back and now it's just a history lesson on what not to become. Yes the place had become toxic, vitriolic, and generally of bad character. But in the same breath there were some stand-up favorites of good humor. People who's hearts that had not become jaded and caustic, but instead kindness flowed from them, even under attack which was often. 

Rogues Forum has been a second chance at forum membership in which I feel the sky's the limit, and I see great things here. Opportunity to eclipse the rest, a place where a welcome is in earnest and genuine, a place where we can all 'Share Ideas' with out fear of rebuke. Where courtesy dictates that the matter presented could be introduced to audiences of all ages. Of course one need not fear tirades of venomous off color bursts. I anticipate every reward to Rogue Nation for forming a forum that might be enjoyed by everyone. We new members will ultimately be good or bad for Rogue Nation, and nesessity will likely weed out the influences detremental to all of what the forum aspires to be. But what remains will become Legendary. The Best of the Best.
(08-17-2020, 04:27 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: As most of us know, there has been a migration here to the Rogue Nation, and for good reason. But let that not be the sole reason for the increase in numbers. The forum Rouge Nation Is all that other forums  should aspire to be, with a welcome that is genuine and a membership accustomed to everyday courtesy. Many of the newer members I have a shared past with on another forum that in it's day was a great spot to search through topics mysterious and thought provoking. Alien and domestic, all topics managed their way in. But then a struggle for power grew out of the forming ashes of a collapsing once great forum, clicks rose up, and a couple especially formidable moderators.. Politics became the curse that would spell its demise, and perhaps at this point it became irreversible. The escape came in earnest earlier this year with many members searching for an alternate forum, one with many of the qualities their former forum lacked.

In the end, I lost my membership there, but never looked back and now it's just a history lesson on what not to become. Yes the place had become toxic, vitriolic, and generally of bad character. But in the same breath there were some stand-up favorites of good humor. People who's hearts that had not become jaded and caustic, but instead kindness flowed from them, even under attack which was often. 

Rogues Forum has been a second chance at forum membership in which I feel the sky's the limit, and I see great things here. Opportunity to eclipse the rest, a place where a welcome is in earnest and genuine, a place where we can all 'Share Ideas' with out fear of rebuke. Where courtesy dictates that the matter presented could be introduced to audiences of all ages. Of course one need not fear tirades of venomous off color bursts. I anticipate every reward to Rogue Nation for forming a forum that might be enjoyed by everyone. We new members will ultimately be good or bad for Rogue Nation, and nesessity will likely weed out the influences detremental to all of what the forum aspires to be. But what remains will become Legendary. The Best of the Best.

Hear, hear.

minusculebeercheers
It's a great little corner of the internet, with a nice mix of people no doubt! First place I click when at the PC, and we can say fuck, which suits my Northern potty mouth!

minusculebeercheers
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(08-17-2020, 04:27 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: As most of us know, there has been a migration here to the Rogue Nation, and for good reason. But let that not be the sole reason for the increase in numbers. The forum Rouge Nation Is all that other forums  should aspire to be, with a welcome that is genuine and a membership accustomed to everyday courtesy. Many of the newer members I have a shared past with on another forum that in it's day was a great spot to search through topics mysterious and thought provoking. Alien and domestic, all topics managed their way in. But then a struggle for power grew out of the forming ashes of a collapsing once great forum, clicks rose up, and a couple especially formidable moderators.. Politics became the curse that would spell its demise, and perhaps at this point it became irreversible. The escape came in earnest earlier this year with many members searching for an alternate forum, one with many of the qualities their former forum lacked.

I second your motion. 

I have been to a many forum over the last 20+ years and I have left all but three, and only still post in two.

An increase in numbers is always a good thing because it brings new ideas, new threads, and increases the chances of the site being an enjoyable  forever home.

Unfortunately, each of us have living in us two wolves, and social media is geared towards feeding the one that that destroys civil discourse and amiable manners.

A time or two, I also have been guilty of taking the bait and allowing my emotions to display a side of me I have spent have years, many years, to master and control. Over those years I have become quite the expert at utilizing the delete key.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

That's a very nice thing to say @"PLOTUS". 

I've been here since the beginning, back when we only had a few members trying to keep this place going. I've invited people who came and left, (due to low membership is all I can figure), so I'm very happy to see RN finally get all these new members and the recognition it deserves, and I thank you for acknowledging RN in your OP. I'm sure this will make @"guohua" very happy.   tinybiggrin
I need a place where I can vent, yell, scream, and be a little crazy.

When I do that at work they make me take pills and I get sleepy.

Rogue Nation is the perfect place for me.

tinybiggrin tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
This has got to be one of the nicest things I've ever read about Rogue-Nation.

@"guohua" will be so happy to read this! Thank you!!!!
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Couldn't have put it better myself. Great thread.  I personally love it here and feel welcomed.  Not been on as much here the last few weeks due to being mad busy. But easing off now. Never really felt welcome on the other site..To many arsewipes lol minusculebeercheers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
Thank you Plotus. It means a lot.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
It is an awesome place ! 

Sorry I haven't been around, been busy with real life. 

But I did link this site on Reddit sub TOS , so hopefully that is bringing in more traffic. 

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
@Plotus 

I couldn’t agree with you more! I had such a nice warm welcome, and I love it here. I don’t feel that way on the other site, and I seldom post there anymore. I’m grateful we all found this place.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Kiss-Ass!

What are you after eh?? EH??? LOL or.... What have you DONE????
It's the second floor toilets AGAIN isn't it???
Well, I can tell you now... @BIAD won't be happy about you borrowing his mop and bucket again!

In all seriousness - Thank You @PLOTUS, it has always been a great wee place, but we kind of kept it a secret in case they let too many folks like @"Bally002" in...

I'm really glad that you're enjoying it here, AND that you took the trouble to say so... Because for me, that is a serious endorsement that the team have been doing the right things in the correct way.

It kind of makes it worth all the effort that it took to get us here! (I'm looking at YOU @"guohua", @"Sol", and @"senona" and of course, the "dream team" supporting cast!!! LOL)

Cheers,
minusculebeercheers

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(08-18-2020, 09:24 AM)gordi Wrote: In all seriousness - Thank You @PLOTUS, it has always been a great wee place, but we kind of kept it a secret in case they let too many folks like @"Bally002" in...

Cheers,
minusculebeercheers

G

Hey, you can't say that!  I re, re, re, respect that re, re re, remark. @"gordi" 

?

Cheers,

Bally:)
(08-18-2020, 09:51 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 09:24 AM)gordi Wrote: In all seriousness - Thank You @PLOTUS, it has always been a great wee place, but we kind of kept it a secret in case they let too many folks like @"Bally002" in...

Cheers,
minusculebeercheers

G

Hey, you can't say that!  I re, re, re, respect that re, re re, remark. @"gordi" 

?

Cheers,

Bally:)

Don't mind @"gordi" , mate. It's those mushrooms vegetables again, acting up on him... tinybighuh
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
If it were not for the wonderfully caring membership here (especially my beloved friend @"guohua" ), I would surely have given up after my stroke. I just didn't care if I lived or died for a time.  But every time I turned my face to the wall, one of my girls would say "Mom, you have an email from one of the Rogues".  That caring, that unwillingness to just write me off, kept me from writing myself off.  My Rogue family was my will to live.  I will always hold that close to my heart.

Yes, I am biased. In my heart of hearts there is no better group of people, there is no place more like home, than here.

Jas
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8270]
You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. There is NO middle ground.