Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Death Became Me.
Oh god, not again, was the focus of my brain. Regular sleep paralysis episodes over the last three months, at least occurring once a week had increased to every second night. Same position, on my back, eyes open, difficult to breath, like a weight upon my chest. Body was numb.

I could hear the light breathing of my wife and see the reflection of the waning moon outside through the window opposite the bed. I’d learnt not to panic and at times had managed a groan which would alert my sleeping partner on occasions. Other times I would allow myself to drift off to sleep and wake up fine.

This time was different though. I felt increasing pressure on my chest and really thought I heard a chuckle. Darkness loomed. A shadow appeared to block out the mild moonlight and I had a notion that someone was pouring black ink over my face and into my nostrils. I had no gag reflex, I made no noise. My mind panicked, I wasn’t breathing. It was impossible to suck air! I felt some chest pain but that slowly dissipated.

Lighting suddenly flashed through across what I perceived to be my focus. My thoughts, “#e, it’s really got me this time.” I had no body now just my thoughts. A floating sensation struck me and could discern a small light. I willed my mind towards the starry glow. I stopped short and visioned what appeared to be similar to looking through a key hole into a dim room. I saw the moonlight bathing our bed. I could not hear anything but could see my wife appearing to perform CPR on my body. The light suddenly got brighter. I saw my daughter, one hand in hair and appearing to yell into her cell phone in the other. No sound.

A clear deep voice spoke to me. Like a tap on the shoulder it said, “Now I’ve found you, you’re coming with me.” The ink poured into my nostrils, the light waned. I felt my mind struggling. “No, I’m not going.” I saw the dark shape. Evil. A black cloak or cape overcame the remaining light.

My mind screamed “NO! I won’t go!” Terrible thumping pressure struck again, pain with each thump, upon my chest, I attempted to scream with all my might and literally felt my body alive again. Bright light..”ARGHH” and I pushed the pressure away from my chest. I heard a crash and my daughter screaming. “Dad!” I was back in bed, sitting up, lights on. I could see my beautiful daughter crying and sobbing while calling out “dad, dad” repeatedly. My wife looked up from over the back of the bed. Her face was bloodied. I’d thrown her off my chest and out of the bed. I’d lived through this latest episode thanks to her.

Kind Regards,

Bally
I had a nightmare sort of like that once. I thought I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs and running... but in reality only managed a weak "uuuuhhhnnnhh.... uuunnn hhhh.." and rolled out of the bed to the floor. Grace managed to wake me and convince me I was still living... ('cause it apparently woke her up, too) and had outran it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I have woke up numerous times feeling as if I had just fallen on my bed from a great height.
Very good Short Story you told.  minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-15-2020, 11:29 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I had a nightmare sort of like that once. I thought I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs and running... but in reality only managed a weak "uuuuhhhnnnhh.... uuunnn hhhh.." and rolled out of the bed to the floor. Grace managed to wake me and convince me I was still living... ('cause it apparently woke her up, too) and had outran it.

I've had a few of these experiences.  Some not so good.  Cheers for reading.

Bally
(08-15-2020, 11:36 AM)guohua Wrote: I have woke up numerous times feeling as if I had just fallen on my bed from a great height.
Very good Short Story you told.  minusculeclap

Thank you for the comments.

Kind regards,

Bally.
@"Bally002" 

Is this true, or a fictional story?  You posted it in short stories, so I'm not sure.

If it's true, I may be able to help you.

If it's fiction, then good job on making it believable; so close to the truth.
(08-15-2020, 03:55 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"Bally002" 

Is this true, or a fictional story?  You posted it in short stories, so I'm not sure.

If it's true, I may be able to help you.

If it's fiction, then good job on making it believable; so close to the truth.

Thanks MW.  It's an older story a mixture of both and a little over dramatized.   

Your offer of help is appreciated but I'm right mate.

Regards for your comments.

Bally:)
@Bally002 

Very riveting story! As others said, it sounds like it has some truth in it. I’ve woken up screaming before, but nothing like your story. You’re an excellent writer.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(08-16-2020, 12:05 AM)ChiefD Wrote: @Bally002 

Very riveting story! As others said, it sounds like it has some truth in it. I’ve woken up screaming before, but nothing like your story. You’re an excellent writer.

Cheers Chief.  Happy you read it and put your thoughts in your reply,

Regards,

Bally:)