Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Posting a YouTube Video
Hey folks,

I get a feeling that when you first get here, posting a youtube video is like trying to climb Mount Everest without a harness, naked. So....

Let me show you how I do it. It's easy and once you get the knack of it, it's a breeze in the park.

There are 2 methods to put a youtube video in your post.

The first method is using the BB Codes:

First, open a tab next to your RN tab so that you can go get your youtube video.

Once you have your video ready, type the following BB Codes into your post:

[ _ video=youtube _ ]

Do NOT leave spaces or put any underlines in there, I have to do it so that it doesn't screw up the BB codes, in order to show you.

So it should be bracket [  video=youtube  and bracket ]  .

Next, you will need to copy the youtube video url, as shown here:

[Image: nSAutdw.png]

And paste it next to your [ _ video=youtube _ ] using Ctrl and v, so that your post now looks like this:

[ _ video=youtube _ ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cytJLvf-eVs

Again, ignore the spaces and underlines I put in. It's just to show you how your post should look like.

Finally, type in [ _ /video _ ] at the very end of those codes (still ignoring those spaces and underlines) and voila....

Your video is now showing up in your post for everyone to enjoy...

The second method:

This one uses the RN insert video button, located at the top of your post, as shown here:

[Image: O4Ls4gA.png]

Once you've clicked that button, a window will appear underneath, as shown here:

[Image: dD1a2RB.png]

First, you must select "youtube" from the list, as shown here:

[Image: AeEMpbv.png]

Then you need to highlight the "http://" to erase it when pasting the youtube url code, as shown here:

[Image: ia6dDhH.png]

Paste your youtube url in the box, (using Ctrl and v), as shown here:

[Image: P46GtgN.png]

Finally, click the INSERT button underneath and voila...

All that second method has done is avoiding you putting the BB Codes yourself as it's done it for you.

Give it a few tries within this thread.

Ask questions, if need be.

C'mon...you can do this!

Once you've done it a few times, it's like riding a bike. It's that easy.

Enjoy !!!

Sol.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(08-13-2020, 02:24 PM)Sol Wrote: C'mon...you can do this!

Damned cats (where the Hell is @"butcherguy")!!  Only good thing about 'em is there's more than one to skin 'em.  LOL

Thanks Sol.  Like most things on this site, it only takes a bit of effort to learn.

I know ... I know ... there's a lot of old dogs around here who aren't interested in learning new tricks.  In full disclosure, I had so much trouble getting .gifs and images to post correctly ... I almost quit trying.  Now it's easy-peasy.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(08-13-2020, 02:43 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 02:24 PM)Sol Wrote: C'mon...you can do this!

Damned cats (where the Hell is @"butcherguy")!!  Only good thing about 'em is there's more than one to skin 'em.  LOL

Thanks Sol.  Like most things on this site, it only takes a bit of effort to learn.

I know ... I know ... there's a lot of old dogs around here who aren't interested in learning new tricks.  In full disclosure, I had so much trouble getting .gifs and images to post correctly ... I almost quit trying.  Now it's easy-peasy.

I did put a new tutorial up for those: http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?...=50264#top

Tarzan & Beez already got use of it. It DOES become easy after a few tries. Someone just needs to do so.

After re-reading your reply, I kinda get a hint of whom is shaving the cats around here...

[Image: WCFPLKD.png]

tinyok
@"Sol" 
Great post, I think that'll help a lot of members.
I use the second method, it just seems easier to me.

Thank You for posting with pictures, That helps so much.   minusculethumbsup2  minusculebeercheers  minusculethumbsup2
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Shameless bump for newcomers..