Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big Brother's 'Location Harvesting' Contractors
Quote:Dirty Little Link

The following excerpts are taken out of order from the article linked.

"Anomaly Six is a veteran-owned small business that processes and visualizes location data sourced from mobile devices for analytics and insights," the company told The Journal in response to questions for the article. "We leverage detailed location data from numerous first-party sources to provide insights into groups, behaviors, and patterns."

"I think the average consumer doesn't have a clue," he added.

Anomaly Six and its founders been sued by a competitor, Babel Street, which provides social-media monitoring services to the intelligence community and law-enforcement agencies. Of note, two founders of Anomaly Six are former Babel Street employees who left in 2018, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit, filed two years ago, offers insight into the secretive world of location harvesting products used by the US government.

Anomaly Six holds contracts with several branches of the US Government

And as the Journal notes, in the case of Anomaly Six, "the direct collection of such data by a business closely linked to US national security agencies is unusual."

I believe it is incredibly doubtful any member of this forum is not at least somewhat familiar with this BS practice.

The US Government takes information from these agencies (the most disconcerting is your local Internet Service Provider).  The catalog all of your activities ... so they can 'pull a rabbit out of the hat' whenever they want.

My point: Keep this in mind ... when we're re-writing the rules of behavior for government employees.  Any government employee involved (and anyone who has ever given him/her support) ... whipped and whipped and whipped and whipped and whipped and whipped and whipped and whipped and whipped ... until I am sure they will never want to involve themselves in such practice nor involve themselves with anyone who might ever.

OBTW: the last quoted sentence is an absolute lie.  It is an incredibly common practice.  Just ask Google or Facebook where your information is being sent when they don't like you.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Hey @Snarl,

What's your six ?

Askin' for some friends.

tinylaughing tinylaughing 

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(08-09-2020, 04:52 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: tinylaughing tinylaughing 

I hear ya.  It wasn't me running off to China and then on to Russia.

[Image: Elites.png]

Let's get 'em all excited!!
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
The billionaires, particularly the activist ones, remind me of a pack of ticks.  I think they actually command so much wealth that it is hobbling the economic function of the entire world.

Read today that 1% of the Germans control 1/3 of the wealth in that country.  Insane.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Yes, we all know about the data collection.

I've often wondered what these people think when they come across some of the fringe topics I cover. They probably look over it, decide I'm a loon, and move on to the next.

See? There are some advantages to being "crazy".   tinylaughing