Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I ran over our Dog Part V. "Off with her leg and back home"
For those well wishes regarding Girlie (Polar), we returned home last night with her and she is doing fine.  Kinda like nothing happened although she had some difficulty getting into the car and when home climbing to her spot on the lounge.  Gave her some delicate assistance.

The damage to her belly required a wait until the vet could undertake the Op.  But all seems good.  I'm calling her "Tripod", in good nature of course.  Son was a bit shocked but sat with her as he does.  The other dogs welcomed her home and 'cat' later went into mother mode (it's a bloke cat) when girlie lay on a doona upon the floor.

[Image: Girlie-and-cat.jpg]

We gave her the required meds for the surgery where the vet explained he'd taken the leg off at the hip.  There is still a lot of damaged fatty scar tissue but he assured us this should settle.  Stitches come out in 10 days.  A both vet surgeries over this time staff complemented her on her placid good nature but then she was always like that.

I slept on an adjoining lounge but girlie and 'cat' were quite happy on the doona together near the fireplace before I crashed out and slept through until this morning.

[Image: Girlie-and-cat-2.jpg]

This morning she is up and hopping about, adjusting.  Those flamin plastic cones they place around the dog's neck can be a problem for shins but I know they are necessary.

After the rain, there is a sunny day so she'll no doubt will be outside with us  (other dogs and 'cat')  as we work.

Saturday here.  Taking her to the local Vet Monday for a check up.

Thanks all,

Bally:)
Welcome Home Girlie. 
[Image: seQNhdHLNW_WVdsDQ5ic1aCm-vvC1m-jGEYs12dN...rQB6S3gDtA][Image: surprise%2Bdogs.jpg]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
First of all, I was trying to do five stars on the thread rating, but I have fumble fingers, and I accidentally hit three and it wouldn’t let me change it. So sorry mate. It really is a five star thread. Maybe someone could fix this?

Second, I’m so glad to hear the operation is done and Girlie will be on the road to recovery. It sounds like your awesome cat will keep an eye on her and nurture her, as will the other dogs. You know, like siblings. They may fuss and fight, but when one is down, they are all there for that one. Love the pics. Am choked up and crying happy tears at this. Thanks for updating all of us, much love and respect.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(08-07-2020, 11:38 PM)guohua Wrote: Welcome Home Girlie. 
[Image: seQNhdHLNW_WVdsDQ5ic1aCm-vvC1m-jGEYs12dN...rQB6S3gDtA][Image: surprise%2Bdogs.jpg]

Lol, cheers.

Hand fed on the lounge by my son, soft doggy sausage cut into cubes.  Dog treats for brekky this morning.

Going for a walk/hop soon.

Kind regards,

(08-07-2020, 11:39 PM)ChiefD Wrote: First of all, I was trying to do five stars on the thread rating, but I have fumble fingers, and I accidentally hit three and it wouldn’t let me change it. So sorry mate. It really is a five star thread. Maybe someone could fix this?

Second, I’m so glad to hear the operation is done and Girlie will be on the road to recovery. It sounds like your awesome cat will keep an eye on her and nurture her, as will the other dogs. You know, like siblings. They may fuss and fight, but when one is down, they are all there for that one. Love the pics. Am choked up and crying happy tears at this. Thanks for updating all of us, much love and respect.

Don't worry about the stars.  Your thoughts as expressed are enough.

Nice safe warm comfy environment here for her.

She got a lot of licks and pats.

minusculebeercheers

I’m so glad she’s home! Looks like cat is taking really good care of her. Thanks for updating, I hope she recovers quickly.
(08-08-2020, 12:11 AM)VioletDove Wrote: I’m so glad she’s home! Looks like cat is taking really good care of her. Thanks for updating, I hope she recovers quickly.

Thanks Dove,

We're all glad she is home too.  'Cat' is just that.  They're good mates.

Cheers,

welcome home Girlie T. (t for tripod)

it sounds like it's just a little bit of a nuisance for her that's great.

so have the other dogs and cat asked her where her leg is? tinybiggrin

keep on giving her belly rubs and she be just fine.
(08-08-2020, 12:23 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: welcome home Girlie T. (t for tripod)

it sounds like it's just a little bit of a nuisance for her that's great.

so have the other dogs and cat asked her where her leg is? tinybiggrin

keep on giving her belly rubs and she be just fine.

Good on you mate for posting that. :) 

I'll give her a tender tummy rub just for you from one hound to another.

The leg?  I don't think they notice.  They appear to be happy to have her back in the mob.

Nice of you to post,

Regards,

(08-08-2020, 12:28 AM)Bally00 Wrote: The leg?  I don't think they notice.  They appear to be happy to have her back in the mob

you know they are, they missed her and worried just as much as you guys did.
again i think it's great she doesn't seem to be having any trouble with her leg being gone.
@bally002

I'm so glad your dog is ok, I'd be willing to bet that you feel worse than the dog does.

I love the picture, it's as if the cat is sitting next to the dog offering comfort, best wishes to you and the pooch.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(08-08-2020, 12:52 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: @bally002

I'm so glad your dog is ok, I'd be willing to bet that you feel worse than the dog does.

I love the picture, it's as if the cat is sitting next to the dog offering comfort, best wishes to you and the pooch.

Hello Schmoe,

I'm glad she is okay too.  A real loyal and loving dog.  And, yes I do feel sad inside but 'we' get on with it.

The pic of 'cat' with her is a reflection of how we all care.

My kind regards,

Bally
I am truly happy she is still with you and the family. It is great news.
minusculebeercheers
(08-08-2020, 01:26 AM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: I am truly happy she is still with you and the family. It is great news.
minusculebeercheers

Thanks Tarzan,

minusculebeercheers  back to you.

All will be good.  When she goes back to playing fetch and is over the injury I'll post another pic.

(08-07-2020, 11:39 PM)ChiefD Wrote: First of all, I was trying to do five stars on the thread rating, but I have fumble fingers, and I accidentally hit three and it wouldn’t let me change it. So sorry mate. It really is a five star thread. Maybe someone could fix this?

I went up to the right side and could give him another star, now he has 4 stars.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-08-2020, 01:49 AM)guohua Wrote:

I went up to the right side and could give him another star, now he has 4 stars.

Thank you guohua.  That's very kind of you.  I'll give girlie a hug for that.

My regards,

Bally.

P.S. 'Truey' went off to work with a load of wood for a 'girls' night out and will return tomorrow evening.  I'm cooking a Laksa seafood combo today if I ain't pissed.  Glad I have my youngest son at home.  He's a good food preparer and stirrer.

I'll get him to post some pics for me and share them perhaps in the 'cooking' forum.  Love my Laksa and my Sea food.  See/sea food and I eat it.  Hitting the 'scotch' presently.  No wood cutting today.  Taking a day off to enjoy time.

Regards,

Bally. :)
I'm so glad that Girlie is adjusting well to all that has happened.
Cheers to her and you.
If I am not here then I am probably someplace else.
(08-08-2020, 02:56 AM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote: I'm so glad that Girlie is adjusting well to all that has happened.
Cheers to her and you.

Of course, what else could you expect from a fine dog.   She was out with us this morning while we loaded the truck, that ran over her.

No fear.  Just getting on with normality.  I feel better and we both (truey and I) had an understanding chuckle.  

You know cats and well. our 'cat' followed her at a discreet distance.  Seems like 'cat' is keeping a eye on her.

My regards to you and I sincerely extend my well wishes for your cat which may need an operation on the teeth.

I will post another pic of 'cat' and her later.

Cheers for your followup,

Bally :)
(08-08-2020, 03:04 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 02:56 AM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote: I'm so glad that Girlie is adjusting well to all that has happened.
Cheers to her and you.

Of course, what else could you expect from a fine dog.   She was out with us this morning while we loaded the truck, that ran over her.

No fear.  Just getting on with normality.  I feel better and we both (truey and I) had an understanding chuckle.  

You know cats and well. our 'cat' followed her at a discreet distance.  Seems like 'cat' is keeping a eye on her.

My regards to you and I sincerely extend my well wishes for your cat which may need an operation on the teeth.

Thank you for your words as always.  My cat will have his surgery as scheduled next Wednesday.  Hopefully it won't take him long to recover.
If I am not here then I am probably someplace else.
(08-08-2020, 03:14 AM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 03:04 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
Cheers to her and you.

Thank you for your words as always.  My cat will have his surgery as scheduled next Wednesday.  Hopefully it won't take him long to recover.

I posted in your thread.  Looking forward to a followup after your Mr Worms surgery.  Wishes to you and Mr Worm,

Kind regards,

bally:)