Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ohio Gov tests positive then negative for COVID-19; ramifications
First he tested positive, then today his test came back negative.    So which was it....a false positive or a false negative?   Based on what I've read about how untrustworthy these tests are, who knows? 

These unreliable tests are going to kill people during flu season.   Let's say you have influenza bad enough to go the hospital.   You get a false positive on the COVID test that will inevitably be performed along with the one for influenza.   They will put you on the floor with the COVID-19 patients.   Given how communicable it is and that you're already seriously sick from influenza, this will probably kill you.  

BTW, don't expect them to care about this logic.   They nearly killed me with a nosocomial MRSA infection in 2005 when I had my second transplant.  I barely survived, but I did.   The next time I went in, they put me in with  MRSA patient.  "But I've been cleared!"  "It hasn't been proven via the lab."  "I'd be dead otherwise, given the immunosuppression."  "Don't care."   So I left AMA.   I got the definitive test to prove I was negative for MRSA.  Those bastards would have given it to me AGAIN.   minusculechairshot

I guess when it comes to killing patients:   if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.   Anyway, the point is this:   if they don't care about MRSA status, they definitely are not going to care about your true COVID-19 status.  Given the crap tests they have to work with, I don't know how they'd determine it anyway.   However, my husband and I decided that we will not be placed on a COVID floor based on one test result.   Period.   I guess that means we may die at home, but at least we won't die at the hands of people who don't give a shit whether you live or die.

If you're an apologist for the health care industry, just don't.   I will never get over the unnecessary trauma I've experienced, several times, from them.

I'd be surprised if Gov DeWine doesn't become less enthuasistic about, "testing, testing, testing."
I refuse to be tested for Coronavirus.  Period! 

I know what I need to take for prevention, and I can do that on my own at home. I did it last year; pretty sure I had it.

As for the OH governor testing positive, then negative, that should help spread some light on what a screwed up mess these tests are to the public, and also how our numbers are being exploited to spread fear.
I think some of the tests are already infected with the virus just for this purpose.
(08-07-2020, 03:18 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I refuse to be tested for Coronavirus.  Period! 

I know what I need to take for prevention, and I can do that on my own at home. I did it last year; pretty sure I had it.

As for the OH governor testing positive, then negative, that should help spread some light on what a screwed up mess these tests are to the public, and also how our numbers are being exploited to spread fear.
I think some of the tests are already infected with the virus just for this purpose.

I agree.
(08-07-2020, 02:12 PM)drussell41 Wrote: First he tested positive, then today his test came back negative.    So which was it....a false positive or a false negative?   Based on what I've read about how untrustworthy these tests are, who knows? 

These unreliable tests are going to kill people during flu season.   Let's say you have influenza bad enough to go the hospital.   You get a false positive on the COVID test that  will inevitably be performed along with the one for influenza.   They will put you on the floor with the COVID-19 patients.   Given how communicable it is and that you're already seriously sick from influenza, this will probably kill you.  

BTW, don't expect them to care about this logic.   They nearly killed me with a nosocomial MRSA infection in 2005 when I had my second transplant.  I barely survived, but I did.   The next time I went in, they put me in with  MRSA patient.  "But I've been cleared!"  "It hasn't been proven via the lab."  "I'd be dead otherwise, given the immunosuppression."  "Don't care."   So I left AMA.   I got the definitive test to prove I was negative for MRSA.  Those bastards would have given it to me AGAIN.   minusculechairshot

I guess when it comes to killing patients:   if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.   Anyway, the point is this:   if they don't care about MRSA status, they definitely are not going to care about your true COVID-19 status.  Given the crap tests they have to work with, I don't know how they'd determine it anyway.   However, my husband and I decided that we will not be placed on a COVID floor based on one test result.   Period.   I guess that means we may die at home, but at least we won't die at the hands of people who don't give a shit whether you live or die.

If you're an apologist for the health care industry, just don't.   I will never get over the unnecessary trauma I've experienced, several times, from them.

I'd be surprised if Gov DeWine doesn't become less enthuasistic about, "testing, testing, testing."

DeWine probably just didn't want to meet with Trump so he faked it.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
I've been tested twice. Both times it came back negative. I have to wonder if the tests are uniform or not. Seems like several different tests are being used for COVID19.
(08-07-2020, 02:12 PM)drussell41 Wrote: First he tested positive, then today his test came back negative.    So which was it....a false positive or a false negative?   Based on what I've read about how untrustworthy these tests are, who knows? 

These unreliable tests are going to kill people during flu season.   Let's say you have influenza bad enough to go the hospital.   You get a false positive on the COVID test that  will inevitably be performed along with the one for influenza.   They will put you on the floor with the COVID-19 patients.   Given how communicable it is and that you're already seriously sick from influenza, this will probably kill you.  

Well, Ohio gets paid $180,000 for each Positive COVID 19 case it reports, so, I think they sent in the Positive report with all of the information to include the DNA to the Feds, then gave a Negative report so that individual can go back to work and pay State Taxes, so it is a Win, Win for the State. JMHO
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-07-2020, 04:03 PM)beez Wrote: DeWine probably just didn't want to meet with Trump so he faked it.

tinylaughing
(08-07-2020, 09:02 PM)guohua Wrote: Well, Ohio gets paid $180,000 for each Positive COVID 19 case it reports, so, I think they sent in the Positive report with all of the information to include the DNA to the Feds, then gave a Negative report so that individual can go back to work and pay State Taxes, so it is a Win, Win for the State. JMHO

He has not backed down from testing despite his own personal experience with the unreliability of the tests.   Yesterday:  "We're testing 22,000 people per day.  That's not enough!   Not enough!"   Well, I guess that $180K per case explains it.    I always had great respect for this man.   Now.......