Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The t coordinate
Everyone is familiar with Cartesian systems.  Coordinates that are designated by an (X, Y) system.  Latitude and Longitude to indicate a place on the earth's surface is an example of this.

If one is interested in places other than surface level, a Z coordinate (elevation) is also needed.

But there is another coordinate that has long interested me -- I call it the t coordinate.  "t" for time.  All of us could occupy the same X, Y, and Z coordinates -- just not simultaneously.  But if each of us has a unique t coordinate . . . no problem.

Now, there is for sure no original thinking here.  Anyone who has contemplated time travel has thought about these things in one form or another.

I am interested in, though, not so much in time travel as time slips.

What happens if my place in time is just a bit different than yours ?

Can you see me ?

Can I see you ?

Could the direction of the arrow of time play a role in visibility ?  If that sounds 'out there', consider that the past is "real" -- it has occurred.  The future is unreal in the sense that it has yet to occur.  Now consider two observers, A and B.  They are close to each other in terms of X, Y, Z, and t coordinates, but not identical.  Because the past has occurred, could it be that observer A who is in the future in relation to observer B -can- see observer B . . . yet observer A remains invisible to observer B because he is in a timeframe that has yet to occur for observer B ?

And if that were true . . . for what duration would one be able to peer "back into" the past ?  Seconds ?  Microseconds ?

I wonder if micro slips on the time arrow like this happen . . . and allow the affected observer to see things and events not visible to others.

What does RN3 think ?

Thanks to @"Bally002" for prompting this line of thought.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Interesting hypothesis.  

minusculethinking

Maybe it's the people with an active "third eye" who have this "t coordinate" that others don't? 
I'm going to come back to this one tonight, I'm fascinated with anything time travel related though!
(08-04-2020, 09:00 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I'm going to come back to this one tonight, I'm fascinated with anything time travel related though!

@"DuckforcoveR" AKA: Duckypoo,

There are several good threads here since yesterday that you might want to have a look into:

http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?...on=newpost

That certainly gives moving about and visions some perspective.  Perhaps it may also explain moving from one realm to another and back.  For me who understands navigation across land and water and also radar and sonar to get certain fixes on objects, 't' in that sense may shed light on those things that appear and then for some reason disappear.

My thoughts,

Kind regards,

Bally
(08-04-2020, 09:27 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 09:00 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I'm going to come back to this one tonight, I'm fascinated with anything time travel related though!

@"DuckforcoveR" AKA: Duckypoo,

There are several good threads here since yesterday that you might want to have a look into:

Thanks Mystic! I'll definitely check them out tonight.  tinybiggrin
WOW! Mind Is Blown,  minusculethinking

That is so very interesting. 
I'll keep an eye on this one, not sure myself how that works.
Will want to find out everyone thoughts though.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
That is some pretty interesting and compelling stuff! Sometimes I wonder if a time slip could explain how some people can see ghosts - people from the distant past. But that is way more than a second or a minute. That’s something I’m going to ponder, as I find it very interesting. Thanks for posting this. You gave me something to work my brain on, which I like.  GiantThumbsUp
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(08-04-2020, 06:35 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote:  If that sounds 'out there', consider that the past is "real" -- it has occurred.  The future is unreal in the sense that it has yet to occur.  Now consider two observers, A and B.  There are close to each other in terms of X, Y, Z, and t coordinates, but not identical.  Because the past has occurred, could it be that observer A who is in the future in relation to observer B -can- see observer B . . . yet observer A remains invisible to observer B because he is in a timeframe that has yet to occur for observer B ?

In order for a "past" to exist at all, to be "real", the future must ALSO exist, simultaneously. Consider: "past" is only "past" with respect to a future as seen from that past. Therefore, if a "past" exists, a "future" must exist simultaneously to refer the "past" segment to. If "future" has not happened, then "past" cannot have ever happened, either. There is nothing to refer it to.

Either A: there IS no past and no future, only an endless progression of "now"

OR - 

B: both "past" and "future", as well as "now", all must exist simultaneously.

I personally find option B to be the only viable solution to the dilemma. Everything that ever was, or ever will be, IS, right now, in this instant. Time, the t coordinate, is a matter of phase, and we only see time progress as we step through the phasing. Some times, phase may "slip" or get out of adjustment - it may become "out of phase" with respect to one instant and another, and in those moments, one may see into the past or the future... a "time slip".

Quote:And if that were true . . . for what duration would one be able to peer "back into" the past ?  Seconds ?  Microseconds ?

I wonder if micro slips on the time arrow like this happen . . . and allow the affected observer to see things and events not visible to others.

Studies have been done that indicate the average person can "see" 6 to 12 seconds into the future under the correct circumstances. That is one explanation for "deja vu", and the phenomenal reflexes some folks have - they see what is coming in the immediate future, and begin to react before it occurs. I have experienced that myself.

Other folks, perhaps attuned slightly differently from the average, may be able to "see" much farther into both future and past. If a "12 second future" exists for them to see, then a "12,000 year future" must also exist for them to see - it's just a matter of tuning, how that individual is tuned at the moment, what "phase" of time they are attuned to.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-04-2020, 10:03 PM)Bally002 Wrote: That certainly gives moving about and visions some perspective.  Perhaps it may also explain moving from one realm to another and back.  For me who understands navigation across land and water and also radar and sonar to get certain fixes on objects, 't' in that sense may shed light on those things that appear and then for some reason disappear.

My thoughts,

Kind regards,

Bally

There is also the "many worlds" or "many timelines" theory to consider. Every possibility may have happened, but each in it's own time line. One may at times accidentally slip into another timeline for a period, where things are different, to a lesser or a greater degree, due to the accumulation of events that led to that particular timeline.

This may lead to one treading landscapes that are strange to the individual to a lesser or greater degree. I believe that certain states of mind may facilitate such maneuvering - sleep being one example (but not the only one) of a changed mind state that could allow it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-05-2020, 12:03 AM)ChiefD Wrote: That is some pretty interesting and compelling stuff! Sometimes I wonder if a time slip could explain how some people can see ghosts - people from the distant past. But that is way more than a second or a minute. That’s something I’m going to ponder, as I find it very interesting. Thanks for posting this. You gave me something to work my brain on, which I like.  GiantThumbsUp

That is 100% my thinking. I have no science to back it up, but I've always wondered if ghosts are actually projections of a dead person in another timeline. Absolutely fascinated by these types of topics!
A notion related to time slips are time loops -- where the same action takes place repeatedly.

So, one day, my wife and I went for a walk in a forest in Germany.  Heading up the way, a path crossed ours.  We looked to the right.  About 100 or so feet away, to the right, was a "bump" in the crossing path.  A man was walking up the "bump" with his dog.

We continue straight on, walk around for half an hour to an hour.  I recall feeling a bit confused in the forest.  The walking paths didn't seem to go the ways I remembered, but we were not lost.  We then headed back to the car the way we came.

I reached the point where the other path crossed first.  I glance over to my left -- and, on the "bump" -- for all the world, it looks like the same guy with the same dog is still walking up the "bump"!

I think to myself, "nah, it has to be someone else" and start to brush it off.  My wife, who is behind me, then reaches the crossing path and calls to me: "Did you see that!  It's like that guy has gone nowhere -- is he stuck in time?"

THAT blew me away.  My wife has only a passing interest in science fiction topics, yet she hit the nail square on the head as far as what my thoughts a few seconds before had been.

Clouds were gathering and it seemed to be getting darker than usual for that time of day.  A storm was coming in.  I told her, "let's go a bit faster", so we quick-timed to our car.  As we drove out of there, I felt some tension release.

Could have all been false perception, but it felt very odd, and was made doubly so when my wife noticed, without being prompted, the same thing I did.

TICK TOCK

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

For me the question resolves to the qualities of the 'x, y, z & t' factors.
While 'x, y & z' are based on relatively solid 3-D 'reality', 't' finds its basis in a theoretical construct that we have accepted and called 'time'. The general parameters of 'time' are not universally accepted (is it linear - chronological - bound by/subject to our perception thereof - etc...?), and, while 'the past" may generally constitute some kind of reference point, isn't it strange/perplexing how often "Our" past recollections do not jive with each others' (or even, with reference records)...?
As @"Ninurta" - I lean toward 'the past, present and future all exist now', which is why some people (prophets, seers, palm & tea leaves readers, etc...) can accurately (even if only occasionally) foretell coming events.

Interesting hypothesis @"F2d5thCav" .
Thanks for the mind screw.

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

As @"Minstrel" said, "Thanks for the mind screw".  Indeed! tinylaughing

FYI:  For any brainiacs out there, RDoctorD will be having a man on his show this coming Saturday at 8 p.m. EST. He will be discussing quantum physics and his findings after over 50 years of research about how it all began, and where it's all leading.

RDoctorD is extremely intelligent, but he says this man is even smarter than him. 

Should be an interesting interview. Get plenty of sleep Saturday; RDoc's videos can go for hours and hours!