Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free Seeds - Brushing Scam Or Something Else
I first heard about the reports of people receiving packages of seeds in the mail that they did not order or request, from an internet news feed. I really didn't pay any attention to it. When the local news started reporting on our local residents receiving these packages, it more than piqued my interest. Seeds don't mean much to people outside of the country, but a lot of folk in the country are very dependent on seeds and agriculture. So I did a little research on the mystery seeds.

Quote:JACKSONVILLE, Fla.– More than 600 Floridians have reported being part of what the U.S. Department of Agriculture is calling a “brushing” scam in which they received un-ordered seed packages.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020...hing-scam/

That led me to want a better understanding what a brushing scam is. I found this.

Quote:So, what is a brushing a scam, and how can it impact you?A manufacturer might send you free stuff either to boost their sales or to be able to put in "fake" 5-star reviews about their product. Simply put, a brushing scam happens when someone sends you free stuff in the mail, or even sends you empty packages.

https://www.foolproofme.org/articles/360...the-carpet

Okay, so now I have a better understanding of what brushing is, but I just can't see how it would generate enough profit for anyone, to send out thousands of seeds to people that didn't order them, to make it worth the investment. I know that brushing is just one of the theories out there about what may actually be going on, and some are quite interesting. My biggest concern at this point, is how large amounts of anything, can come into the US and be distributed to such a degree, without the authorities being able to trace it.

It mores than frustrates me that they spend so much time and money tracing law abiding citizens of this country, and they can't track down the people or entity that is dumping mysterious items all over the US.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(07-30-2020, 02:15 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: When the local news started reporting on our local residents receiving these packages, it more than piqued my interest.

And ... just where are all these seeds going to wind up?  In your local dump!!

And they'll start growing there.  Just like Wu Flu ...
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(07-30-2020, 02:37 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 02:15 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: When the local news started reporting on our local residents receiving these packages, it more than piqued my interest.

And ... just where are all these seeds going to wind up?  In your local dump!!

And they'll start growing there.  Just like Wu Flu ...

As if our landfills are not toxic enough. How many will sit in junk drawers? How many may be eaten by pets or rodents? The sci-fi chamber of my mind can have a field day with the possibilities.   tinybighuh

Are they even investigating where and why the areas receiving the seeds were targeted?

• minusculebeercheers 

I read an article yesterday on Twitter that said anyone receiving the seeds should call their local Dept. of Agriculture to come pick them up. They are believed to come from China. Who knows what China is up to now?
Hopefully they will dispose of them properly.
(07-30-2020, 03:44 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I read an article yesterday on Twitter that said anyone receiving the seeds should call their local Dept. of Agriculture to come pick them up. They are believed to come from China. Who knows what China is up to now?

It's funny that MSM hasn't identified them exactly.  I mean ... doesn't anyone know?  LOL

Would be more fun if we 'were told' they're being shipped off by BLM and Antifa ... and the funding effort sponsored by Soros.
You better run!
(07-30-2020, 03:44 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I read an article yesterday on Twitter that said anyone receiving the seeds should call their local Dept. of Agriculture to come pick them up. They are believed to come from China. Who knows what China is up to now?

Each State seems to be putting out their own warnings, but some of the seeds have already been planted or thrown out. Florida just put out a warning a little over a day ago. Some States put out their warnings even later than that. So some of those seeds are already in our environment. I would like to think it is just a scam, but with the world being as crazy as it is, we would be remiss not to think about other possibilities.

Quote:The department said anyone who has received the seeds should not open them, plant them or throw them in the trash if it’s destined for a landfill. Instead, they should report the package to the Florida Department of Agriculture at 1-888-397-1517 or DPIhelpline@FDACS.gov. They should also contact the U.S. Department of Agriculture at 1-800-877-3835 or SITC.Mail@aphis.usda.gov.

Indiana was a lot more detailed in their instructions.

Quote:The department said anyone who has received the seeds should not open them, plant them or throw them in the trash if it’s destined for a landfill. Instead, they should report the package to the Florida Department of Agriculture at 1-888-397-1517 or DPIhelpline@FDACS.gov. They should also contact the U.S. Department of Agriculture at 1-800-877-3835 or SITC.Mail@aphis.usda.gov.

• minusculebeercheers 

"What should we do with these seeds?"

"Toss 'em in the can."

tinylaughing 

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-30-2020, 04:36 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote:

"Toss 'em in the can."

tinylaughing 

Cheers

They claim they are testing them, but they can't test them all. There isn't any way they can even identify all that were sent. Again, I don't want to believe this is anything more than a scam based on greed. I don't want to believe anyone would want to destroy the land, that would go beyond being foolhardy.

• minusculebeercheers 

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" 

It is one way to spread a bioagent -- new blight or whatever.  Hard not to be suspicious these days.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-30-2020, 04:56 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 04:36 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote:

"Toss 'em in the can."

tinylaughing 

Cheers

They claim they are testing them, but they can't test them all. There isn't any way they can even identify all that were sent. Again, I don't want to believe this is anything more than a scam based on greed. I don't want to believe anyone would want to destroy the land, that would go beyond being foolhardy.

Never underestimate the enemy, especially China. These are the same people who snatch up their own people and take organs from them while they are alive and I've heard, without pain killers.

Evil lurks everywhere.
(07-30-2020, 04:56 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I don't want to believe anyone would want to destroy the land, that would go beyond being foolhardy.

Salting the Earth

It's been a practice ...
You better run!
(07-30-2020, 05:09 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 04:56 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I don't want to believe anyone would want to destroy the land, that would go beyond being foolhardy.

Salting the Earth

It's been a practice ...

I am very much aware of this practice. I even remember as a child when someone poisoned a neighbor's well. But with the times being what they are, and with there being a real threat of a food shortage lurking in our future, and with so much land having flooded preventing the planting of a new crop, destroying any land is like killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

I don't know what evil lurks in the heart of man, I can only hope that commonsense and a little intelligence will win over greed, hate, and the obsession for power.

• minusculebeercheers 

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" I would suggest to everyone to be buying seeds to plant a garden, learn how to can or put food in the freezer. I prefer canning in case the power goes off.
If you're not able to do this, then start buying up those emergency food supplies.

I'm not religious, but I do believe the Bible tells us predictions of things to come so we can prepare. One of those things is famine, along with plagues, which we are seeing now.

Will it only hit certain nations, or will it be worldwide?  China is a country that teaches against God being real. See what they are going through now?

America was built on Godly principles, which the Communists are trying to destroy now, with some success I might add.
Will she be spared?  Maybe, but only if we turn away from our evil ways. If not, we will also be punished. It is written.
(07-30-2020, 05:42 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"NightskyeB4Dawn" I would suggest to everyone to be buying seeds to plant a garden, learn how to can or put food in the freezer. I prefer canning in case the power goes off.
If you're not able to do this, then start buying up those emergency food supplies.

I'm not religious, but I do believe the Bible tells us predictions of things to come so we can prepare. One of those things is famine, along with plagues, which we are seeing now.

Will it only hit certain nations, or will it be worldwide?  China is a country that teaches against God being real. See what they are going through now?

America was built on Godly principles, which the Communists are trying to destroy now, with some success I might add.
Will she be spared?  Maybe, but only if we turn away from our evil ways. If not, we will also be punished. It is written.

I agree with you and I make the same suggestions to others. I am blessed to live in the woods and I have great neighbors.

I do not have a green thumb. I seem limited to being able to grow plants successfully in the Spring and Fall. I am so lucky that my neighbors are so much better at it than I am, and there are chickens, eggs, other livestock about.

• minusculebeercheers