Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chance encounters
Here I am, in Portlanistan, hanging out at an airport hotel, smoking cigarettes, drinking a glass of wine when I see someone park their SUV, absolutely, perfectly.  Backing in.  I say to myself, "This guy MUST be military".

He gets out, this big guy, with a hand full of trash.  I politely step back from the trash/ashtray and he stops and says, "Don't I know you?"

I say, "Dunno?"

He says, "Weren't you in the Air Force?"

*boom*

He and I partied years ago in Lakenheath RAF in England.  He was a radar operator stationed out of Spain at the time, I was a clumsy biomed in a mobility clinic doing my rounds.

Small friggin' world.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-29-2020, 04:42 AM)beez Wrote: Here I am, in Portlanistan, hanging out at an airport hotel, smoking cigarettes, drinking a glass of wine when I see someone park their SUV, absolutely, perfectly.  Backing in.  I say to myself, "This guy MUST be military".

He gets out, this big guy, with a hand full of trash.  I politely step back from the trash/ashtray and he stops and says, "Don't I know you?"

I say, "Dunno?"

*boom*

He and I partied years ago in Lakenheath RAF in England.  He was a radar operator stationed out of Spain at the time, I was a clumsy biomed in a mobility clinic doing my rounds.

Small friggin' world.

And nobody ratted you out for smoking a cigarette in public?!?!?

It is, indeed , a small world. 

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
My goodness. How many years have passed since you've encountered one another?
internet Agent Provocateur
@"beez" 

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

After reading the post this song came to mind

(07-29-2020, 05:58 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: My goodness. How many years have passed since you've encountered one another?

35 years.

tinywhat
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-29-2020, 01:35 PM)beez Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 05:58 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: My goodness. How many years have passed since you've encountered one another?

35 years.

tinywhat

35 years  tinysurprised
You must have been something Really Special or he had a Crush on your Cute Little White Tail  tinybiggrin
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-29-2020, 04:42 AM)beez Wrote: Here I am, in Portlanistan, hanging out at an airport hotel, smoking cigarettes, drinking a glass of wine when I see someone park their SUV, absolutely, perfectly.  Backing in.  I say to myself, "This guy MUST be military".

I say, "Dunno?"

*boom*

Small friggin' world.

He's gonna try to sell you insurance.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(07-30-2020, 02:23 AM)IAMTAT Wrote:

I say, "Dunno?"

*boom*

Small friggin' world.

He's gonna try to sell you insurance.

And who doesn't need Proactive Spleen Insurance???
-Abraham Lincoln