Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hundreds of teens go on chaotic rampage at Memphis putt-putt center
Lightbulb 
Massive riot breaks out in a Memphis TN fun center when apparently some games malfunctioned and took money !!

Teen victims went total berserk smashing a desk area and some other places.

Wild and looks like they weren't all wearing MASKS !!!!
(unless this is "pre"COVID19(84))

The one girl is a real "Pro" from what we can see in the video !!

The Putt-Putt Fun Center might have to change their name to ""Phut-Phut Fun Center"" now [Image: LoL.gif]

Quote:These teens were teed-off.

A Tennessee mini-golf center erupted in chaos Saturday night when 300 to 400 teenagers began terrorizing staffers and smashing up the premises because the game machines ate their cash, Jam Press reported.

The riotous scene at Putt-Putt Fun Center, at Golf and Games Family Park in Memphis, was caught on camera by an alarmed bystander and shows the violent teens go berserk and throw various heavy objects at staff because they didn’t issue the kids a refund.

The video — which went viral on Twitter — focuses primarily on one young girl, who helped kick off the stampede when she shoved a Plexiglas screen from the counter, causing it to cave in on staffers as they hid behind ATM machines in fear.

LINK-->  Hundreds of teens go on chaotic rampage at Memphis putt-putt center
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
I was floored when I saw that video. Unbelievable how those kids were behaving. Also, what kind of irresponsible parents just drop off 200+ kids en masse? That is just mind boggling. Parents need to start being parents again, not their kid’s best friend.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-27-2020, 11:09 PM)ChiefD Wrote: I was floored when I saw that video. Unbelievable how those kids were behaving. Also, what kind of irresponsible parents just drop off 200+ kids en masse? That is just mind boggling. Parents need to start being parents again, not their kid’s best friend.

They have the video. They can find those children. Make them pay for every dime of damage. I don't mean mommy and daddy have to pay. I mean they work at minimum wage, until they have paid off the full amount. They will work locally and if they refuse then they can work in a detention center. They get to choose only where they work, in the community or detention center. They don't even get to choose what that work will be. Since they have no respect for property and think it is okay to make a mess, I think janitorial work, in the bathrooms, is a good place to start.

I think the parents should bare some responsibility because, children that out of control, are more than likely to have respect and discipline issues at home. I am not being heartless. I raised three children and I was strict. They knew there were consequences for bad behavior and they could take that to the bank. They knew I did not care if they got angry, or if their feelings were hurt. There were rules and if you broke them you paid the consequences. I never struck them. I didn't have to. What worked best for my children was taking away those things that meant the most to them. You destroy someone else's property, you lose all of yours. And you better believe I did not replace it, and everything they got from family members had to be earned.

When they were young, they said I was the meanest person in the whole world. Today they sing a completely different tune.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

[Image: Don_t_want_to_li_4ffc62f0ef1f3_1024x1024...1459067557]
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
I have had to deal with a bunch of bratty kids since March. They are entitled, demanding, poorly disciplined, and sometimes disrespectful. Crazy thing is they are that way with their parents, but they don't act that way with me. I occasionally have to remind them their behavior or attitude is inappropriate, and that I will not tolerate it my presence, and they straighten right up.

Saying all that, only a few would have done something like what was in that video. That was acting out.  It is more social media influence. They want to be seen as cool and they want their Facebook Live time. The problem with this behavior is that is almost expected because of how society has destroyed the family unit and has weakened or made traditional disciplinary actions ineffective.

One of the local kids, he is only about 15. He has serious anger issues and a sassy mouth. He has no fear of punishment, so his father doesn't strike him, mainly because he says if he did he would likely kill him. I could see him destroying property, and he has. Crazy thing is that he can be a sweet child, so it is hard to understand what makes him go off.

His mother died four years ago and it could have been avoided, but for life does not always provide escapes for poor decisions and choices. I have watched him become more and more defiant, and daring with each year. Whatever is going on is going on inside because he is loved, overly enabled, and has a very good life and very loving home.

Just remember that while it is normal behavior for children this age to be entitled, demanding, poorly disciplined, and sometimes disrespectful, few are this far gone. So there is hope still.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Seeing the riots on social media probably makes them feel empowered to behave this way too. They want to be a part of the "crowd". I think the BLM movement is giving these kids the wrong impression.  Going around destroying other's property isn't 'cool', and they need a stiff punishment to teach them that.  

I hope they all get arrested, especially that little b*tch in the white t-shirt.

Others here have already covered the other bases that would cause this behavior.
(07-28-2020, 01:12 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Seeing the riots on social media probably makes them feel empowered to behave this way too. They want to be a part of the "crowd". I think the BLM movement is giving these kids the wrong impression.  Going around destroying other's property isn't 'cool', and they need a stiff punishment to teach them that.  

I hope they all get arrested, especially that little b*tch in the white t-shirt.

Others here have already covered the other bases that would cause this behavior.

Yep, as you and @NightSkyeB4Dawn said, this is "influenced" behavior.  

I can't put into words how much I despise this "look at me!" culture.  

Poor leaders were bad enough for this country, but social media may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
I don't know if it's "the permissive society", or a failure of parental units to inspire respect in their children.

I only spanked my son once. ONCE. He was about 2 years old, and I gave him a single swat with my hand on his diaper. He carried on like he had been killed for a couple of days, and then it was all over. For the rest of his childhood, all I had to do was give him "the look", and he'd straighten right up. I never had to say anything at all.

A few years later, in his teens, I taught him some of the basics of hand-to-hand combat. Never know when that might come in handy in today's world, y'know? He was particularly impressed by the way a knife could magically fly out of his hand and all the way across the room, and by the fact that he could never, NEVER, get a shot off into my head from an airsoft gun before it was out of his hand and in mine. He started to bow up on me once - ONCE - after that, and all I said was "I want you to understand one thing before you get too deeply into this, son. I taught you everything YOU know, but I didn't teach you every thing I know. Proceed now if you think you have to, but realize, understand right down in your gut, it's at your own peril."

He just turned 25 a couple of months ago, and is a manager at Amazon getting fast-tracked up the corporate ladder. Too fast for his own comfort it seems, if recent conversations are any indication. At 25, he has a great job, a family of his own, and a 45 acre farm - one I had no hand in gaining for him. I taught him to think for himself from infancy on up, and it's hard now to get one over on him. His mind is quick. He's not a mini-me - I always stressed to him that he needs to think on his own, come to his own conclusions, because the day will come when I am no longer around to consult, and when it does, he needs to be his own man, make his own decisions, go forth and prosper in the world, able to do so without me. He took that to heart, and is now his own man. I may not agree with everything he says or does, but dammit, he IS DOING IT, on his own terms...

... and that makes me prouder of him than I have any right to be.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Give'em 24 hours to pay for the financial loss.  If they don't ... give the perps one lash with the cane for every $10.

Because we don't have appropriate punishments in this country ... we have these kinds of problems.

One or two hundred lashes dealt to these ... 3d worlders ... would set a fine example.  Fit into society ... or get the whippin' of your life.

Then we can introduce that back into the public education system.  "What?  You failed your test?  Two lashes for every point below failure and an extra one for every point below average.

"What do you mean you're back here for another Welfare Check?  Pull them damned pants down!!"

You go to jail ... it shouldn't be painless.  Ten lashes every day ... Fifteen if you expect to be fed from the taxpayers coffers.

Whip em!!  Whip em!!  Whip em!!  Whip em!!  Whip em!!  Whip em!!  Whip em!!  Whip em!!  Whip em!!
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Apparently, some parental ass-kicking has been lost along the way to Paradise.

When I managed a store, eons ago, five teens decided that it would be a good idea to make graffitis on the trailer we had parked behind the store.

We called the cops and caught them in the act.

The cops asked if I wanted to press charges and I said no BUT..

I recommended that they write us a letter of apology, signed by them AND both their parents, that they erased or repainted over their graffitis AND that they appeared before a judge - with their parents - to get a sentence of community work without pay, no criminal record.

These five kids wrote us the letters AND did 100 hours of community work (without pay), aside from fixing the trailer, alongside their parents.

Hard lesson learned.

Those kids in the video, should get the same treatment, alongside THEIR parents - which don't give much of a flying fuck in most cases.

Lessons for all.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~