Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BLM Protester Fatally Shot in Austin
Seems the "peaceful protesting" has turned more violent. We knew this was coming.

[Image: 2-192-600x350.jpg]

Quote:Garrett Foster, the Black Lives Matter protester fatally shot by a motorist in Austin on Saturday night, said on camera that the “people who hate us” are “too big of p-ssies to actually do anything about it” when asked why he was carrying a rifle.

The Austin Police said during a late night press conference that Foster was carrying a rifle and may have approached the vehicle prior to the shooting. The shooter was detained and is cooperating with police.

“One adult male victim was located with a gunshot wound,” the press officer said, before confirming he passed away at the hospital shortly after. “Initial reports indicate that the victim may have been carrying a rifle and approached the suspect vehicle. Suspect was in the vehicle and shot at the victim. Suspect was detained and is cooperating with officers.”
Source
I guess he ran into the wrong pu$$y.   tinysurprised

There are videos to watch in the link.  This one (below) shows the guy with the rifle walking up to a car and start shooting. The guy in the car shot back and killed him. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1287425135402770436

Never underestimate a patriot.
That bit quoted in your comment uses the term 'victim' very liberally.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-26-2020, 06:31 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: That bit quoted in your comment uses the term 'victim' very liberally.

Cheers

Par for the course how media words things these days.     tinysure
Here is a different take on the story.  Who knows which story is lying?  We know the media takes the side of the "peaceful protesters", so I'm staying out of this one.  You decide.

Quote:PICTURED: Armed BLM protester who gave interview to camera alongside his quadruple amputee fiancee during Austin march moments before being shot dead by motorist who drove into crowd and opened fire
  • Black Lives Matter protester killed Saturday has been identified as Garrett Foster

• Foster's mother, Sheila, said he was pushing his quadruple amputee fiancee, Whitney Mitchell, in wheelchair just moments before he was shot multiple times

• Foster was seen carrying AK-47 while protesting with Mitchell at demonstration

• The shooting happened just before 10pm during the Austin protest, police said

• Incident occurred after a vehicle sped toward demonstrators, witnesses said

• Witnesses told cops the driver fired multiple shots, striking Foster before fleeing

Here is what one of the comments under this article on Twitter is saying, and most agree this article got it all wrong.

Quote:[/url]The Doomslayer 2.0
@SwordOfGod55
[url=https://twitter.com/SwordOfGod55]

·
32m

Level 2:
If you watch the video, you can tell by the gunshots that he fired 5 shots with his at first then the driver returned fire with 3 pistol shots. There is a substantial audible difference between a 7.62 round and a 9mm (or similar) pistol round

Read more here. The site is covered in ads. Ugh!   Source
(07-26-2020, 06:25 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Seems the "peaceful protesting" has turned more violent. We knew this was coming.

[Image: 2-192-600x350.jpg]

Quote:Garrett Foster, the Black Lives Matter protester fatally shot by a motorist in Austin on Saturday night, said on camera that the “people who hate us” are “too big of p-ssies to actually do anything about it” when asked why he was carrying a rifle.

The Austin Police said during a late night press conference that Foster was carrying a rifle and may have approached the vehicle prior to the shooting. The shooter was detained and is cooperating with police.

“One adult male victim was located with a gunshot wound,” the press officer said, before confirming he passed away at the hospital shortly after. “Initial reports indicate that the victim may have been carrying a rifle and approached the suspect vehicle. Suspect was in the vehicle and shot at the victim. Suspect was detained and is cooperating with officers.”
Source
I guess he ran into the wrong pu$$y.   tinysurprised

There are videos to watch in the link.  This one (below) shows the guy with the rifle walking up to a car and start shooting. The guy in the car shot back and killed him. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1287425135402770436

Never underestimate a patriot.

A Finalist for the Darwin Awards!

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-26-2020, 07:24 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Here is a different take on the story.  Who knows which story is lying?  We know the media takes the side of the "peaceful protesters", so I'm staying out of this one.  You decide.

Quote:PICTURED: Armed BLM protester who gave interview to camera alongside his quadruple amputee fiancee during Austin march moments before being shot dead by motorist who drove into crowd and opened fire
  • Black Lives Matter protester killed Saturday has been identified as Garrett Foster

• Foster's mother, Sheila, said he was pushing his quadruple amputee fiancee, Whitney Mitchell, in wheelchair just moments before he was shot multiple times

• Foster was seen carrying AK-47 while protesting with Mitchell at demonstration

• The shooting happened just before 10pm during the Austin protest, police said

• Incident occurred after a vehicle sped toward demonstrators, witnesses said

• Witnesses told cops the driver fired multiple shots, striking Foster before fleeing

Here is what one of the comments under this article on Twitter is saying, and most agree this article got it all wrong.

Quote:[/url]The Doomslayer 2.0
@SwordOfGod55
[url=https://twitter.com/SwordOfGod55]

·
32m

Level 2:
If you watch the video, you can tell by the gunshots that he fired 5 shots with his at first then the driver returned fire with 3 pistol shots. There is a substantial audible difference between a 7.62 round and a 9mm (or similar) pistol round

Read more here. The site is covered in ads. Ugh!   Source

We agree the gunshots are from two different weapons; the first is probably from a rifle and the second probably from a handgun.
In all seriousness, if a BLM "protester" was approaching me with a weapon, and I felt my life in danger and was armed, I'd shoot as well.

tinysure
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-26-2020, 11:44 PM)beez Wrote: In all seriousness, if a BLM "protester" was approaching me with a weapon, and I felt my life in danger and was armed, I'd shoot as well.

tinysure

We are always armed.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-26-2020, 11:52 PM)guohua Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 11:44 PM)beez Wrote: In all seriousness, if a BLM "protester" was approaching me with a weapon, and I felt my life in danger and was armed, I'd shoot as well.

tinysure

We are always armed.

My mother, god bless her, called me today and asked, since I'm working a lot in Portland if I was armed.

I said, "Always Mom.  Always."  I then said, "Since the craziness, all our weapons at home are locked and cocked."

She then replied, "If you get a collect call from me and I'm in jail, it'll be because I shot some bastard trying to get in my house".

I said, "Just call me after you shoot him, I know people with backhoes, you won't have to do any digging."

She's 80 and fucking mean! tinylaughing
-Abraham Lincoln
It seems like a pretty clear cut case of self defense from the video. The first 5 rounds were from an AK ("This is an AK-47 assault rifle. It makes a distinct sound when fired at you") - can't say for sure, however, if it was the deceased person's AK or another. After a pause (during which I assume the shooter was drawing a weapon to return fire) there are 3 pistol shots, ending the confrontation. Permanently.

I think I'll wait until after the investigation and when more information is available before deciding. For example, if the deceased shot at the car, what made him think it was a good idea to light it up? I distinctly heard someone yell "everybody back up!" a couple of times just before the shooting started. What was that about? Was it a "get out of my line of fire so I can fire this honky mother up!" yell, or was it a "get away from this car 'cause he's about to go off" yell?

While it is true the second shooter shot "multiple times" (3 to be precise), not all of the shots came from the same weapon - I wonder why that was not reported to the police by the bystanders? Why did they try to lump all 8 shots into one shooter?

Too many questions, not yet enough facts to make a determination. The only thing I can confidently determine right now is that @"Mystic Wanderer" was right - BLM "ran into the wrong pussy" this time after bragging too damned much about it.

Shit comes back on you. Make your words sweet, so that they go down smoothly when you have to eat them.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’