Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Talk Me Out Of It
07/24/2020 I was asking for advice on whether I should take in Sylvester. It was a rocky road, but he ended up becoming a member of the pack.
[Image: 20210712-211117.jpg]
Enoch and Sylvester. Big boys now.
Enoch is 14 pounds - Sylvester is 13.8 pounds

It is amazing how four Huskies, and two adopted and adapted feline Huskies, could be such a tight pack, and every single one of them have their own distinct personalities, and relationships with each other.

I want to thank all of you for your support and advice, because watching them right now together, makes it so clear that they are family, and they belong together.

Enoch is still the Alpha. Maxx still does not care about being Alpha, and though I thought his son Goliath would put in a bid for the position, he didn't. He is lazier than his father.

Bellah isn't interested in being Queen either, except when my brother comes around. She demands to be the center of his attention. Her daughter Tamar, tolerates my brother, but she does not like anyone but my Mother and Me, and has no interest at all in being Queen.

Sylvester and Tamar are the closest in personality, except Sylvester is the most playful of the pack. Bellah comes next, Goliath, then Maxx. Tamar does not like to play often, but when she does, it is either with her humans, or with the Feline Huskies. Maxx loves playing with Sylvester. Sylvester will play with any of them anytime, and he is a huge instigator, and funny as hell.

I never allowed food aggression among the canine Huskies as they were growing up, so they never fight over food, but they will let me know they are unhappy, if someone shows too much interest in their bowl. But all four canine Huskies will let the feline Huskies eat from their bowl, side by side, and they actually seem happy to share.

Feeding time is the same time, and they all eat together. Then they all go out together. They are the oddest group you would ever want to see. But, they are family.

My family, thanks to all of you.

[Image: 20210222-193535.jpg]

Sylvester's favorite spot. When he is inside the crate, Tamar lays in front. She gives him free use of the grate, but she chases the canines out.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Good to see them all doing well!

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-13-2021, 09:08 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Good to see them all doing well!

Cheers

Yes they are all healthy brats.

Equal part nuisance and joy.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

What would we do without our animals for entertainment and love?  
I've had an animal of some kind all my life, except for a few months when I lived in a rental property that didn't allow pets. Still, I later sneaked in a cat. Gotta have my pets.   tinybiggrin
Sweet babies (-:
internet Agent Provocateur