Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Talk Me Out Of It
Well my neighbor's wife took Sylvester back to her niece last night. My neighbor said he had started the countdown and told his wife, that Sylvester will be back in less than a month.

So the drama has either come to an end, or it is the beginning of episode II.

In the mean time ⌚, Enoch seems to be happily comfortable with his humans and his canine pack.

[Image: Peace.jpg]

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Poor Sly.  They're going to give him a complex about being unwanted.

Enoch's a cutie.  Looks quite comfortable in that photo.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(08-08-2020, 03:00 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Poor Sly.  They're going to give him a complex about being unwanted.

Enoch's a cutie.  Looks quite comfortable in that photo.

Cheers

Yeah, he looks like he has one smug contented look on his face.

Sylvester has gone from being with his mother and three siblings, to being with his mother and one sibling, to my house with just one sibling, then back to his mother and one sibling, now back to the owner who is young, inexperienced, and has zero patience.

I an hoping that she has learned something and that she will come to love him and give him a great home. She has never had a pet of her own, maybe Sylvester is just what she needs. I hope they find much joy in each other.

In the mean time ⌚, Enoch has joined the boys team and gets great pleasure at antagonizing his new sister Tamar. He lays in the crates with the boys and hangs with the pack on the porch, but he can't stop chasing the lizards long enough to really just hang. 

Picking at Bellah by lying in her crate.

[Image: mine.jpg]

• minusculebeercheers 

Received a call last night about Sly, message left on my voice mail.

My neighbor's wife said the niece is having problems because the kitten wants to follow her everywhere, including the bathroom, and climbs on her bed. She left a message that she was going to talk to her niece but she may have to go get Sylvester, and wanted to know if I still wanted him.

I swear I don't have the patience to deal with this kind of nonsense. I told her when she came and got Sylvester that I would take him if the niece gave him back, which I knew she would. I also told her I would only take him when it was a done deal, and if she brought Sylvester back to my house it was a done deal. No more back and forth, because her niece changed her mind.

So here I am again. On the fence. I refuse to call her back. It either is or it isn't. I don't want to be dragged into any more of the drama.

• minusculebeercheers 

If you want to take the cat back, just make sure the girl knows this is the last straw. If you take him she won't be getting him back. Put your foot down and stick to it.

If he goes back to his mother, no telling where he'll end up. He would have a great life with you and his sibling.
@"NightskyeB4Dawn" 

Get him.  Don't chance him being turned over to an animal shelter or worse.  And tell them to get lost if they want him back again.

Cheers

My Cat family consists of Mom, Miss Elizabeth and her two kittens Jupitor and Roger, both about four or so months old. At night they race around banging into stuff, playing and being hyper. That lasts about an hour. the rest of the time they are joining me in a nap, Roger sleeping on my hip as I nod off on the couch. It gets better, give them lots of hugs and kisses, be gentel and they will mellow soon enough. Their kids/teenagers, full of energy. They need to get rid of it every few hours.
(08-11-2020, 08:00 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: My Cat family consists of Mom, Miss Elizabeth and her two kittens Jupitor and Roger, both about four or so months old. At night they race around banging into stuff, playing and being hyper. That lasts about an hour. the rest of the time they are joining me in a nap, Roger sleeping on my hip as I nod off on the couch. It gets better, give them lots of hugs and kisses, be gentel and they will mellow soon enough. Their kids/teenagers, full of energy. They need to get rid of it every few hours.

I hate to even think it, but I hope the niece does not have any children any time soon. What she needs is a robotic pet, that she can sit on the shelf when she doesn't want to be bothered with it, and she can take it down when she wants to be amused.

She has been spoiled all her life and she has no realistic view of the world. I told my neighbor, they never should have given Sylvester to her, she is not ready to be responsible for a pet. My neighbor agreed. He told me the day his wife came to my house to get Sylvester, that he didn't know what his wife was thinking, because it was just a matter of time before she will have to bring Sylvester back.

I think his wife is trying to teach her niece how to be a more patient and responsible adult, but she just is not ready to be responsible for the life and well being of a pet.

I wish her the best.

• minusculebeercheers 

We've got about ten cats but it's hard to keep track.

Our house is like a Kitty Hostel.
I want to thank all of my supporting Rogues for your advice, and walking with me through all the drama. All of you helped me

It is final.

Sylvester is now officially and permanently, in his forever home. His brother has a companion and a buddy his own size. He had no trouble keeping up with his Husky pack, but now he is not the only little one. Though Sylvester is bigger than Enoch, but not by much.

I had no idea that there would be so much drama involved in taking in two little kittens. Well it is over now. We all will be starting with a new beginning.

[Image: Home.jpg]

Thank you fellow Rogues. tinyinlove

• minusculebeercheers 

It was just an Honor to have been here for you and your Family, even the Hairy Ones.   minusculebiggrin
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
A happy ending for Sly's travails, that's great!

Cheers

(08-15-2020, 07:57 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @NightskyeB4Dawn 

Get him.  Don't chance him being turned over to an animal shelter or worse.  And tell them to get lost if they want him back again.

Cheers

Your post came at the right time, and pretty much was the one that made it final in my mind..

Now I am dealing with the new drama of re-acclimation of Sly to the pack. It didn't take long the first time, and looking at how they are so far, things should be settled in pretty quick. The rest of the pack, including Enoch, have establish their pecking order, and have their routine. Sly has to develop his place in the pack. So far so good.

• minusculebeercheers 

Reclaimed his favorite spot. Goliath is back to hanging with him.

Maxx hangs with Enoch.

It is a boy thing. The girls don't like to hang. Tamar has always been a bit of a loner, and she doesn't like strangers at all. She is not a friendly cuddlier, unless you are family, then she is an absolute nuisance. She is worse than her Father who thinks his big head is supposed to be in your lap all the time.

[Image: My-Spot.jpg]
Goliath and Sylvester

• minusculebeercheers 

Sly's a cute cat.  You've done a good thing by taking him in.

Cheers

(08-15-2020, 06:15 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Sly's a cute cat.  You've done a good thing by taking him in.

Cheers

Yep. I think I was lucky to come by these two. When I was looking for two kittens as porch cats, I had not luck with the local shelters. I thought I had missed out when I found out my neighbor's cat had had only four kittens and they were all spoken for. When he called me about Spot, I thought it was just a small bit of luck, that the lady that took Enoch changed her mind, then when he called about Sylvester I thought it was just meant to be.

The bit of drama in the process actually had me thinking about giving up on the idea of two kittens, but it seemed it really was meant to me.

[Image: Brothers.jpg]

This is what is right behind my head as I am typing this. Thanks again for your time, advice, and support.
I feel good about the decision to accept fate.

minusculebeercheers

• minusculebeercheers 

I swear. Who would have thought that two small critters would bring so much joy into our already crowded home?

I couldn't resist taking this picture of Slyvester watching TV. All that was missing was a cigar and a mug of beer. 

[Image: 20200819-165740.jpg]

• minusculebeercheers 

Sly looks like he's figured out he's at your place for keeps -- and is savoring the realization!

Cheers

(08-15-2020, 02:29 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 07:57 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Get him.  Don't chance him being turned over to an animal shelter or worse.  And tell them to get lost if they want him back again.

Your post came at the right time, and pretty much was the one that made it final in my mind..

So far so good.

Ol' Cav ... scores!!
(08-15-2020, 07:57 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: And tell them to get lost if they want him back again.

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" Don't let this become an omen.  Make 'em take you to court!!
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(08-22-2020, 01:14 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 02:29 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 07:57 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Get him.  Don't chance him being turned over to an animal shelter or worse.  And tell them to get lost if they want him back again.

So far so good.

Ol' Cav ... scores!!
(08-15-2020, 07:57 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: And tell them to get lost if they want him back again.

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" Don't let this become an omen.  Make 'em take you to court!!

Enoch and Sylvester must have put their heads together. They played their original owners so they would bring them back, so they could be together in a home out in the back forty, where they have been for generations.

Mom, Daddy, grandma and grandpa, going back at least four generations were born here. My neighbor's dog was showing too much interest in the kittens, and was causing too much a disturbance on the homestead, so the wife said the kittens would be better off in other homes. Little did she know the other home would be just down the street.   tinylaughing

• minusculebeercheers