Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
**Updated 08/29/20** News from Wrabbit2000..
Hey everyone,

For those of you who know Wrabbit2000 (he is one of the early founders of Rogue Nation and has been a Moderator on ATS), please read this very carefully.

[Image: Zio5g3U.png]

Steve has put a Facebook post up a few days ago and I talked with him a little earlier on to get his permission to copy it here.

Here is the Facebook post from Steve:

Quote:Dear Friends and Family,

Catherine Arringdale, my wife of 28 years and more, recently underwent surgery in the hospital to remove infected tissue resulting from calcium deposits in Dialysis treatment. The surgery was not successful. What it did do is leave her with large open surgical wounds they say her system cannot heal from.
Catherine has been sent home to be with family here for home Hospice care. She is being kept very comfortable on Morphine and other drugs reserved for palliative care. The doctors have not put any time on her conditions or said 'you have xx days, weeks or months', but all curative or healing oriented care has ceased, including dialysis.

This is a route she chose, after being cancelled on a surgery that was supposed to finish the first one's efforts. She was deemed a poor candidate for a positive outcome moments before she would have gone into pre-op. After that, she has been told there is simply nothing they can do now and she could be home or she could be in the hospital....but the care wouldn't change the end result. This is why she chose to simply come home.

I wish I could say we were hanging in there and making it through...but that isn't accurate. People who know us are aware of the year or more of crisis runs to the hospital every couple weeks, my own acute respiratory failure and very near death in April, as well as her conditions worsening since then.  Things got missed that the other thought was being covered, and we're going into foreclosure on a house we'd paid down to $40,000...probably at or around the same time as Catherine's condition becomes pronounced with Hospice. So, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to come online. When it rains, it pours, and this is a monsoon of rather epic scale.

I had anticipated a couple people being here to help with what needs done and seeing it got there, but for different reasons, they became unavailable and for someone who usually knows just what to do...I have no clue where to even start.... You can never prepare for this sort of loss, especially in slow motion this way....but facing it alone is the hardest part I never imagined would come to pass.

There is one thing I may ask...... Is there anyone in this area possibly interested in some high end electronics and good furniture? A tube radio, original parts, still fully functional from 1939 with one family ownership (stand up console)? I don't ask for handouts and I don't really know how to ask for help, as such, but after the past year we don't even have reserves left for services and such, when the time comes. I just know I have a lot I can sell between electronics and reloading, and at this point...pretty much all we own is up for discussion. Drop me a note if interested in helping in that way.

I'll keep everyone updated as there is something to update. We have not given up, even if medicine has, and are trying to remain positive while sure a miracle will come in healing those wounds. It has to...Right?

Steve & Cathy

Link to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/donate/305187447298994

Thoughts and Prayers for all of them is an urgent need right now, but it doesn't stop there..

Now, Steve has put a Facebook Donate feature on Facebook that would help cover for memorials.

I understand that not everyone can donate and not everyone is on Facebook either.

So...I asked Steve permission for members (who would wish to) who'd like to donate but do not know how, to donate through the Rogue Nation Donate button - at the bottom of the first page - and we will transfer him the funds.

He is seeking roughly $3500 and has already raised close to $500. Even a $1.00 more would help him out.

Thank you for reading, thank you for the prayers, thank you for those who can donate. For those of you who donate through our donate button here on RN, please leave a comment on this thread with just the word "Donated" so that we know a donation has been done. No need to mention any amount. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sol ~ for the Admins & Staff of RN. / For Wrabbit2000.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
I hate threads like this.

I will be praying for them both.

TheRedneck
My condolences I wish I could help
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Oh lord, I hate to hear this.  I cancelled that FB account a few years ago, so I lost track of all my "friends" there.

I'll donate, but it won't be as much as I'd like to. I'm living on a fixed income myself. 

Prayers and positive thoughts going out to him. tinycrying

ETA: I donated on his FB page, just so you won't be looking for it here.
You're in my thoughts, Wrabbit2000.

minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
That is sad news to hear. My heart goes out to Steve and his wife and family.

We were friends on facebook some years ago, but parted ways for some reason. He is a solid dude. 

I wish him and his family the best. 

Prayers sent.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
My prayers, love, and light to Steve and Cathy.

I wish that there was more than that that I could offer but I've experienced my own loss.  I know how hard this will be for Steve.
If I am not here then I am probably someplace else.
My Dear, dear Steve I so Lovingly knew as Wrabbit2000 and his wife Cathy.

I wish there was more I could do other than just a donation.
I will burn incense and meditate with healing thoughts for Cathy.

Missed you here and I can only wish you and Cathy all my Love.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-14-2020, 06:37 PM)Sol Wrote: Hey everyone,

For those of you who know Wrabbit2000 (he is one of the early founders of Rogue Nation and has been a Moderator on ATS), please read this very carefully.

[Image: Zio5g3U.png]

Steve has put a Facebook post up a few days ago and I talked with him a little earlier on to get his permission to copy it here.

Here is the Facebook post from Steve:

Quote:Dear Friends and Family,

Catherine Arringdale, my wife of 28 years and more, recently underwent surgery in the hospital to remove infected tissue resulting from calcium deposits in Dialysis treatment. The surgery was not successful. What it did do is leave her with large open surgical wounds they say her system cannot heal from.
Catherine has been sent home to be with family here for home Hospice care. She is being kept very comfortable on Morphine and other drugs reserved for palliative care. The doctors have not put any time on her conditions or said 'you have xx days, weeks or months', but all curative or healing oriented care has ceased, including dialysis.

This is a route she chose, after being cancelled on a surgery that was supposed to finish the first one's efforts. She was deemed a poor candidate for a positive outcome moments before she would have gone into pre-op. After that, she has been told there is simply nothing they can do now and she could be home or she could be in the hospital....but the care wouldn't change the end result. This is why she chose to simply come home.

I wish I could say we were hanging in there and making it through...but that isn't accurate. People who know us are aware of the year or more of crisis runs to the hospital every couple weeks, my own acute respiratory failure and very near death in April, as well as her conditions worsening since then.  Things got missed that the other thought was being covered, and we're going into foreclosure on a house we'd paid down to $40,000...probably at or around the same time as Catherine's condition becomes pronounced with Hospice. So, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to come online. When it rains, it pours, and this is a monsoon of rather epic scale.

I had anticipated a couple people being here to help with what needs done and seeing it got there, but for different reasons, they became unavailable and for someone who usually knows just what to do...I have no clue where to even start.... You can never prepare for this sort of loss, especially in slow motion this way....but facing it alone is the hardest part I never imagined would come to pass.

There is one thing I may ask...... Is there anyone in this area possibly interested in some high end electronics and good furniture? A tube radio, original parts, still fully functional from 1939 with one family ownership (stand up console)? I don't ask for handouts and I don't really know how to ask for help, as such, but after the past year we don't even have reserves left for services and such, when the time comes. I just know I have a lot I can sell between electronics and reloading, and at this point...pretty much all we own is up for discussion. Drop me a note if interested in helping in that way.

I'll keep everyone updated as there is something to update. We have not given up, even if medicine has, and are trying to remain positive while sure a miracle will come in healing those wounds. It has to...Right?

Steve & Cathy

Link to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/donate/305187447298994

Thoughts and Prayers for all of them is an urgent need right now, but it doesn't stop there..

Now, Steve has put a Facebook Donate feature on Facebook that would help cover for memorials.

I understand that not everyone can donate and not everyone is on Facebook either.

So...I asked Steve permission for members (who would wish to) who'd like to donate but do not know how, to donate through the Rogue Nation Donate button - at the bottom of the first page - and we will transfer him the funds.

He is seeking roughly $3500 and has already raised close to $500. Even a $1.00 more would help him out.

Thank you for reading, thank you for the prayers, thank you for those who can donate. For those of you who donate through our donate button here on RN, please leave a comment on this thread with just the word "Donated" so that we know a donation has been done. No need to mention any amount. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sol ~ for the Admins & Staff of RN. / For Wrabbit2000.

Damn man, I hate that. I just lost my grandmother to cancer last week, she lived the last month of her life on morphine and passed when she could no longer swallow the dose. I'll see what i can round up, and I'll pray for Steve and Cathy both. Taking care of my grandmother nearly killed my uncle in the process. It dramatically takes a toll on your body. I lost my maternal grandmother in March as well, and it nearly killed my mom because she was taking care of her the whole time.
The Goonies R good enough
I’m so sorry to hear this. I said a prayer for Cathy and Steve. I just donated a little too.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
There has been a few donations that have come in already and a massive donation was also given.

I'll get in touch with Steve tomorrow to see how I can transfer those funds already.

Can't thank you enough for your prayers and thoughts !!

I know that Steve would do the same if it was the other way around!

Sol ~ For the Admins & Staff
Please tell him we are here for him. Haven't seen Wrabbit since the birth of RN (seems like just yesterday...) but definitely here for him. Such a heartbreaking situation  tinycrying
Tried to donate, got a "Service unavailable" notice, will try again later.

ETA: Tried again, got it to go through. Donated.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

First of all, it took me awhile to read that through the tears. My heart and prayers go out.  I'm gonna be honest. I'm not in a good financial situation to donate. However the retro electronic equipment is something I love to fix up and resell. If it can help, I'd help how I can. 

Lemme know, my friend. I hope she's as comfortable as possible.
Little update.

I've seen donations go through Facebook from RN members and members have also donated here through our Donate button.

On RN alone, we've raised $960.00 in ONE day!! Just WOW !!!! I'll be transferring these funds over to Steve today.

Members of Rogue Nation through Facebook and RN have donated well over a thousand dollars in ONE day!!

I don't know what to say except for Thank You!!!!!!

Steve yesterday, was a little shocked that we'd put a fund raiser for him at RN. He thought that after all of this time, we'd had forgotten about him.

It is such an incredible feeling to know that RN stands by his family, through good times, through bad times and even when those - Members, Mods, Super Mods, Admins - are absent or that we haven't seen them in a while, are NEVER forgotten !!

So proud to be a Rogue right now! And you should be too !!!!

Sol ~ For the Admins & Staff / For Wrabbit2000

I'm just back from a few days away.

That's just awful news.

Hang in there Wrabbit.

G

(Done)
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
I see he has $457 from his FB account, so with RN's $960, that makes a total of $1,417.  That's pretty good for one day.

He is still $1,083 from his goal.

I'll try to donate again when my next check comes in.  I can only do small amounts at a time.
In the last few days, I've spent a tiny bit of time talking to Steve on Messenger and things are not getting any better.

I've sent him the link to this thread and he should be able to pop in when he feels the time is right..

As for the funds, we've had $985.00 dollars donated through the RN donate button.

We hit a wall when the FB donate button doesn't accept paypal.

So those funds are being transferred to DuckforcoveR so that he can transfer them back to Steve, via his credit card. Reason being that transferring from myself would be long and arduous, and VERY costly as for currency exchanges between US to Canada back to US from CDN funds would be a nightmare,as my credit cards are CDN.

There are fees for the transfers but they are minimal now, thanks to DFC!!

Hopefully, Wrabbit2000 will drop by to keep everyone updated on Cathy's condition.

So many thanks to all of you, for your thoughts and prayers!!!

Sincerely.

Sol ~ for Admins & Staff / for Wrabbit2000.
@"Sol" 
Thank You for the Update and @"DuckforcoveR"  Thank YOU for all your help.
Hopefully Cathy can recover with time.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-18-2020, 09:54 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Sol" 
Thank You for the Update and @"DuckforcoveR"  Thank YOU for all your help.
Hopefully Cathy can recover with time.

It's the least I can do, just hoping we can make this work for Steve and family. Test run is complete, if all goes well we can get it sent over.