Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rogue Cup Challenges Vol 6 - IAMTAT VS TheRedneck - Sol lies his butt off...
Ladies & Gents,

Welcome to Vol 6 of the Rogue Cup Challenges!

Today, I have the honor of hosting this game with fellow Players IAMTAT and TheRedneck.

How does this game work?

How to join us in the games and learn how hard it is to lie your butt off...

It is an immense pleasure to be able to be the Narrator for a second time! DuckforcoveR caught me the first time...will IAMTAT or TheRedneck be able to do the same?

Let's find out...

Here are my three claims:

Claim # 1 - I've gone bankrupt. Twice. Lost everything. Twice. Spent 4 months in the mental ward as a result BUT have rebuilt myself again.

Claim # 2 - As a business owner, I was interviewed by the opposition political  party to the one I had voted for. When the article came out, they had spun the narrative to make it look like I supported them. It made my life a living hell for a good period of time.

Claim # 3 - I had an autographed original McLaren racing shirt from Lewis Hamilton, given to me by him and his team, when he won the Montreal Grand Prix, in 2007.

@"IAMTAT" , as Player #1, you get first dibs for the first question.

Wishing you both, @"IAMTAT"  & @"TheRedneck"  Good Luck!!

Members may jump in at any time, to comment or even ask questions but it's the Narrator's prerogative to answer them...or not  tinyfunny

Let the Game begin !!

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(07-13-2020, 06:44 PM)Sol Wrote: Ladies & Gents,

Welcome to Vol 6 of the Rogue Cup Challenges!

Today, I have the honor of hosting this game with fellow Players IAMTAT and TheRedneck.

How does this game work?

How to join us in the games and learn how hard it is to lie your butt off...

It is an immense pleasure to be able to be the Narrator for a second time! DuckforcoveR caught me the first time...will IAMTAT or TheRedneck be able to do the same?

Let's find out...

Here are my three claims:

Claim # 1 - I've gone bankrupt. Twice. Lost everything. Twice. Spent 4 months in the mental ward as a result BUT have rebuilt myself again.

Claim # 2 - As a business owner, I was interviewed by the opposition political  party to the one I had voted for. When the article came out, they had spun the narrative to make it look like I supported them. It made my life a living hell for a good period of time.

Claim # 3 - I had an autographed original McLaren racing shirt from Lewis Hamilton, given to me by him and his team, when he won the Montreal Grand Prix, in 2007.

@"IAMTAT" , as Player #1, you get first dibs for the first question.

Wishing you both, @"IAMTAT"  & @"TheRedneck"  Good Luck!!

Members may jump in at any time, to comment or even ask questions but it's the Narrator's prerogative to answer them...or not  tinyfunny

Let the Game begin !!

CLAIM #2
What was the topic or reason for the interview...what did they say to make it look like you supported their party?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Whoa! Three good claims! This should be fun...

TheRedneck
(07-13-2020, 07:00 PM)IAMTAT Wrote: CLAIM #2
What was the topic or reason for the interview...what did they say to make it look like you supported their party?

I was a new business owner and had followed a provincial program on how to get started, hoping to get a provincial fund for start-ups. The opposition party, at the time, had called me to see if they could get my input on that program. After saying yes, they showed up, the press secretary from that party along with a newspaper reporter and they both started asking questions.

When the article came out, they had taken everything I said out of context to make it look like the program was crap and that they (the opposition) had said so all along.

It made me look like I was talking against the program and was supporting their claims that it was crap. Thing is, it made me look as if I was a supporter of the opposition, even though I've always been very clear on who I voted for and why.

The very next day that this article came out, even my sister, after reading it, called me with a very serious WTF?!?!? Not only did I not get the funds for a start-up but I got questioned by relatives, friends and business acquaintances for a long time. Most of them did not believe that they had edited that article to such a point.

So, when people ask me if the MSM spin stories the way they wish, my answer is always a resounding YES.

Hope it answers your question.

@"TheRedneck" - Shoot!!
(07-13-2020, 07:48 PM)Sol Wrote:

I was a new business owner and had followed a provincial program on how to get started, hoping to get a provincial fund for start-ups. The opposition party, at the time, had called me to see if they could get my input on that program. After saying yes, they showed up, the press secretary from that party along with a newspaper reporter and they both started asking questions.

When the article came out, they had taken everything I said out of context to make it look like the program was crap and that they (the opposition) had said so all along.

It made me look like I was talking against the program and was supporting their claims that it was crap. Thing is, it made me look as if I was a supporter of the opposition, even though I've always been very clear on who I voted for and why.

The very next day that this article came out, even my sister, after reading it, called me with a very serious WTF?!?!? Not only did I not get the funds for a start-up but I got questioned by relatives, friends and business acquaintances for a long time. Most of them did not believe that they had edited that article to such a point.

So, when people ask me if the MSM spin stories the way they wish, my answer is always a resounding YES.

@"TheRedneck"  -  Shoot!!

Thank you, Sol.
Red....You're up.

(07-13-2020, 07:48 PM)Sol Wrote:

@"TheRedneck"  -  Shoot!!

NEVER tell a redneck to "Shoot!" tinylaughing

OK, got a question on Claim #1: what ward/hospital (I assume the ward was in a hospital) were you in for the four months?

TheRedneck
(07-13-2020, 08:48 PM)TheRedneck Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 07:48 PM)Sol Wrote: @"TheRedneck"  -  Shoot!!

NEVER tell a redneck to "Shoot!" tinylaughing

OK, got a question on Claim #1: what ward/hospital (I assume the ward was in a hospital) were you in for the four months?

TheRedneck

tinylaughing

Yes, the ward was in Le Centre Hospitalier Anna-Laberge in Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada. It took them four (yes 4) long months before they found the right medication that would ease that depression I was in.

Fuuny story now but wasn't funny then, I had walked in the hospital, asking for help or I was about to jump off a bridge. The Doctor told me that he'd keep me overnight, just so I'd cool off a bit. Only started going outside on my own, without security, after three weeks. That's been the longest overnight stay I've EVER had lol

Wasn't lol then...

Hope it answered your question :)

@"IAMTAT" for his second question.
@sol

What was the year and name of the newspaper?
(07-13-2020, 10:56 PM)FauxMulder Wrote: @sol

2009. Le Soleil.
(07-13-2020, 11:12 PM)Sol Wrote:

2009. Le Soleil.

French bastards! 

minusculebonker
CLAIM #3
Pardon me, for asking in this manner:
On your honor...and from referencing ONLY YOUR memory or the actual shirt itself,...please describe, in fine detail, the racing shirt in question.

(07-13-2020, 11:37 PM)FauxMulder Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 11:12 PM)Sol Wrote:

2009. Le Soleil.

French bastards! 

minusculebonker

Make that half-french on my mother's side, thank you tinylaughing

Living in a French environment though...oh well...

[Image: cOUigkC.jpg]
(07-14-2020, 12:32 AM)IAMTAT Wrote: CLAIM #3
On your honor...and from referencing ONLY YOUR memory or the actual shirt itself,...please describe, in fine detail, the racing shirt in question.

I'm going to go from memory but I have to explain the context first. I had been invited by Panasonic Canada (I was a store manager then) as a VIP to come and see the race, from the Toyota-Williams booth. Panasonic was a sponsor of the Toyota-Williams team.

It was a very special treat. It's where I learned and saw that the car itself has all of these little antennas all over the body, everywhere - and that you don't actually see if you're unaware of them - and these antennas transmit data in real time to team engineers as the race progresses. We got to see that live as the race went on!

Anyway, Hamilton won with McLaren, Toyota finished third.

McLaren and Toyota had an inside bet going. They were going to have shirts drawn at random, for VIPs, both in the McLaren booth and in the Toyota booth. If McLaren won, they'd have the Toyota colors BUT the McLaren logo on it.

If Toyota won - which was a favorite to win in Montreal - they'd take the McLaren colors BUT with the Toyota logo on it. McLaren won.

So Hamilton showed up after the race, with two other drivers and they showed the shirt. Toyota-Williams people were there, not too impressed.

The shirt was of the Toyota-Williams colors, mainly white, red and black. The Panasonic logo was on the left sleeve. The McLaren logo was right above the right side pocket, where Toyota should have been. Hamilton signed his name right above it, with a black permanent marker.

The VP of Panasonic Canada pulled a random VIP name out of a jar. My name. No idea how much it would be worth today..

Hope it answers your question :)

Now back to @"TheRedneck" ...
Be back tomorrow. Sweet dreams people.. minusculebiggrin
(07-14-2020, 01:14 AM)Sol Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 12:32 AM)IAMTAT Wrote: CLAIM #3

I'm going to go from memory but I have to explain the context first. I had been invited by Panasonic Canada (I was a store manager then) as a VIP to come and see the race, from the Toyota-Williams booth. Panasonic was a sponsor of the Toyota-Williams team.

It was a very special treat. It's where I learned and saw that the car itself has all of these little antennas all over the body, everywhere - and that you don't actually see if you're unaware of them - and these antennas transmit data in real time to team engineers as the race progresses. We got to see that live as the race went on!

Anyway, Hamilton won with McLaren, Toyota finished third.

McLaren and Toyota had an inside bet going. They were going to have shirts drawn at random, for VIPs, both in the McLaren booth and in the Toyota booth. If McLaren won, they'd have the Toyota colors BUT the McLaren logo on it.

If Toyota won - which was a favorite to win in Montreal - they'd take the McLaren colors BUT with the Toyota logo on it. McLaren won.

So Hamilton showed up after the race, with two other drivers and they showed the shirt. Toyota-Williams people were there, not too impressed.

The shirt was of the Toyota-Williams colors, mainly white, red and black. The Panasonic logo was on the left sleeve. The McLaren logo was right above the right side pocket, where Toyota should have been. Hamilton signed his name right above it, with a black permanent marker.

The VP of Panasonic Canada pulled a random VIP name out of a jar. My name. No idea how much it would be worth today..

Now back to @"TheRedneck" ...

Very helpful.
TY
I hope you still have that shirt framed and on display.

Claim #1:

What medication were you finally on, and how long did you take it?

TheRedneck
Okay my 2 cents.

"Claim # 1 - I've gone bankrupt. Twice. Lost everything. Twice. Spent 4 months in the mental ward as a result BUT have rebuilt myself again."

This happened. People just don't make up stuff like this for a lightweight game. I am pleased that you rebuilt yourself and are here with us now.

"Claim # 2 - As a business owner, I was interviewed by the opposition political  party to the one I had voted for. When the article came out, they had spun the narrative to make it look like I supported them. It made my life a living hell for a good period of time."

BS. This is just too normal. Happens all the time. I think you planted an obvious scenario here as a decoy.

"Claim # 3 - I had an autographed original McLaren racing shirt from Lewis Hamilton, given to me by him and his team, when he won the Montreal Grand Prix, in 2007."

Yeah, this happened. Good for you!
(07-14-2020, 01:50 AM)TheRedneck Wrote: Claim #1:

What medication were you finally on, and how long did you take it?

TheRedneck

They had me on seroquel from pretty much the very beginning, mostly for anxiety attacks. Effexor XR is the one that finally worked for the depression though. I was on both of them, at full regime, for eight consecutive months and then they started the withdrawal process, cutting it down gradually until I no longer needed them. That took an additional four months.

Which was a good thing thing cause they had this puff fish effect one me...having gained 60 pounds.. tinylaughing

I've still got this quite big belly but I'll blame that on beer this time around... minusculebeercheers

@"IAMTAT" for his third and final question..
(07-14-2020, 07:41 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Okay my 2 cents.

"Claim # 1 - I've gone bankrupt. Twice. Lost everything. Twice. Spent 4 months in the mental ward as a result BUT have rebuilt myself again."

This happened. People just don't make up stuff like this for a lightweight game. I am pleased that you rebuilt yourself and are here with us now.

"Claim # 2 - As a business owner, I was interviewed by the opposition political  party to the one I had voted for. When the article came out, they had spun the narrative to make it look like I supported them. It made my life a living hell for a good period of time."

BS. This is just too normal. Happens all the time. I think you planted an obvious scenario here as a decoy.

"Claim # 3 - I had an autographed original McLaren racing shirt from Lewis Hamilton, given to me by him and his team, when he won the Montreal Grand Prix, in 2007."

Yeah, this happened. Good for you!

Ain't tellin' ... tinylaughing

Hey Fin, you should put your name down for the next game, you'd go face to face with FauxMulder against who ever wins this one... tinydrroling
CLAIM #3
I noticed you said you "had" the racing shirt...and had to describe it from memory.
Why do you no longer have this treasure?