Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Not joining the Eu's Covid 19 vaccine scheme
I have a bad feeling that once a vaccine is produced, many places including schools are going to require it. 

I'm not anti vax but I sure do wish it could be around a few years before I'm forced to get it just to go to work.
(07-17-2020, 12:59 AM)guohua Wrote: I seen this to go along with the above post.
Quote:A highly anticipated clinical trial for a potential COVID-19 vaccine managed in part by the American drug company Moderna has resulted in some adverse effects in more than half of the trial's participants, with one test group reporting "severe" symptoms. 

Just SOME adverse effects, please read more.

Quote:The trial, which is also being sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, administered the vaccine "as a 0.5-ml injection in the deltoid muscle" in two shots spaced about one month apart. Two separate groups received 25-microgram and 100-microgram doses, respectively. A third group with a 250-microgram dose was subsequently added. 

The vaccine "induced anti–SARS-CoV-2 immune responses in all participants," the research team reported Tuesday in the New England Journal of Medicine. Researchers said that "no trial-limiting safety concerns were identified." Yet a majority of participants still reported at least one side effect.

Quote:"Solicited adverse events that occurred in more than half the participants included fatigue, chills, headache, myalgia, and pain at the injection site," the report states. Fever, joint pain and nausea were also reported. 
Side effects grew more common with more (and larger) injections, the scientists write: 

Quote:"Systemic adverse events were more common after the second vaccination, particularly with the highest dose, and three participants (21%) in the 250-μg dose group reported one or more severe adverse events."

Notably, every participant in the two larger-dose groups reported adverse reactions after their second injections. One study participant in the smallest-dose group, meanwhile, was removed due to having developed hives after the first round of injections. 

The scientists said that due to the ongoing status of the project, they are not yet "able to assess the durability of the immune responses" generated by the vaccine, but that they intend to follow participants "for 1 year after the second vaccination" and examine regular blood samples to monitor the vaccine's effects. 

A large trial "expected to evaluate a 100-μg dose" is "anticipated to begin during the summer of 2020," the report states.

Source

I ask you,,, YOU going to Volunteer? 
Can they pay you enough,,,, OH,,, yes these are Volunteers. You're either desperate for attention or just stupid.
No thanks  minusculebiggrin No wayyyyyyyyyy....... I'm putting @Rodinus name down for the programme. Think it would do him good. Sitting at home in his chateaux all day in the sun drinking the finest wine is not good for him!!!!! minusculebiggrin
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
(07-17-2020, 01:26 AM)beez Wrote: No.

Just. . . . . no.

Nope.  Uh-uh.

Never gonna happen to this l'il bunny.

Good on the UK for telling the EU to stuff it!

Wise words my friend.  Wise words  minusculebeercheers
(07-17-2020, 01:54 AM)FauxMulder Wrote: I have a bad feeling that once a vaccine is produced, many places including schools are going to require it. 

I'm not anti vax but I sure do wish it could be around a few years before I'm forced to get it just to go to work.

My fear is that they will force you to have it by bringing in the old "You cant travel to this country unless you have a vaccination card" card.  Ok if you dont travel, But if you like holiday's you shouldn't be forced....... tinybiggrin
Two words.... Project Fear.

The dislike for the UK's past Imperialism is what's causing these artificial narratives.
The European community is being held up as the pinnacle of excellence by the media and with the right wordage,
'anti-Britain' news articles can possibly make those who wish to leave the Union, think again.

I'm certainly not disparaging countries who are in the EU, nor implying that the UK is any different (cultures aside)
from those who make up the European continent, it's just that this use of different decisions is being applied for
the reasons of divisiveness.

It's just the game they play, one countries governance doesn't equate to another and that's called independence.
Those who control the EU politics don't like that word and certainly don't like those who leave the gang.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"BIAD" 

Hell, let's call it for what it is.  It is the modern version of the Continental System.

EU was great as a trade pact with borders open between EU nations.  The political stuff since bolted on has not worked well, and will eventually drive other countries to leave the Union.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-17-2020, 11:43 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"BIAD" 

Hell, let's call it for what it is.  It is the modern version of the Continental System.

EU was great as a trade pact with borders open between EU nations.  The political stuff since bolted on has not worked well, and will eventually drive other countries to leave the Union.

Cheers

That's it in a nutshell, trading between nations brings many benefits. Politics brings division.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-17-2020, 10:41 AM)TheDoctor46 Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 12:59 AM)guohua Wrote: I seen this to go along with the above post.
Quote:A highly anticipated clinical trial for a potential COVID-19 vaccine managed in part by the American drug company Moderna has resulted in some adverse effects in more than half of the trial's participants, with one test group reporting "severe" symptoms. 

Quote:The trial, which is also being sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, administered the vaccine "as a 0.5-ml injection in the deltoid muscle" in two shots spaced about one month apart. Two separate groups received 25-microgram and 100-microgram doses, respectively. A third group with a 250-microgram dose was subsequently added. 

The vaccine "induced anti–SARS-CoV-2 immune responses in all participants," the research team reported Tuesday in the New England Journal of Medicine. Researchers said that "no trial-limiting safety concerns were identified." Yet a majority of participants still reported at least one side effect.

Quote:"Solicited adverse events that occurred in more than half the participants included fatigue, chills, headache, myalgia, and pain at the injection site," the report states. Fever, joint pain and nausea were also reported. 
Side effects grew more common with more (and larger) injections, the scientists write: 

Quote:"Systemic adverse events were more common after the second vaccination, particularly with the highest dose, and three participants (21%) in the 250-μg dose group reported one or more severe adverse events."

Notably, every participant in the two larger-dose groups reported adverse reactions after their second injections. One study participant in the smallest-dose group, meanwhile, was removed due to having developed hives after the first round of injections. 

The scientists said that due to the ongoing status of the project, they are not yet "able to assess the durability of the immune responses" generated by the vaccine, but that they intend to follow participants "for 1 year after the second vaccination" and examine regular blood samples to monitor the vaccine's effects. 

A large trial "expected to evaluate a 100-μg dose" is "anticipated to begin during the summer of 2020," the report states.

Source

Can they pay you enough,,,, OH,,, yes these are Volunteers. You're either desperate for attention or just stupid.
No thanks  minusculebiggrin No wayyyyyyyyyy....... I'm putting @Rodinus name down for the programme. Think it would do him good. Sitting at home in his chateaux all day in the sun drinking the finest wine is not good for him!!!!! minusculebiggrin
You are welcome to come and join me mate smallcrackingup
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
(07-17-2020, 08:38 PM)Rodinus Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 10:41 AM)TheDoctor46 Wrote:

Source

You are welcome to come and join me mate smallcrackingup

The wine bit yes anyday  minusculebeercheers