Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
How food stamps/Medicaid/child care subsidies work
(07-12-2020, 05:03 AM)I cannot begin to imagine what you’re going through. So sorry to hear that. I hope and pray you get SS disability. It is so hard. My Dad had to hire a lawyer after being turned down twice. Housing is a whole nother thing too. I found the housing thing imcomprehensible when I worked for human services. Hang in there and don’t give up. Wrote: EDIT: If you haven’t already contacted your county housing, do so ASAP. Get yourself on the list for Section 8 as soon as you can. Most places have years long waiting lists for section 8 housing.
Thank you for you prayers and hope.  It's taken me three hearings, with lawyers to finally get where I am now.
Per my last reply, I'm not jumping on the Section 8 bandwagon yet as I don't have all the details such as if I will be approved for Social Security yet.  
If it wasn't for the help of a person I worked with years ago I wouldn't be here with my parents.  I'd be out on the street homeless.  I'm bringing this up in part as she may be moving to the same area at the end of this year meaning I will be sharing the home I move to with her.
If I am not here then I am probably someplace else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How food stamps/Medicaid/child care subsidies work - by LookingForABetterLife - 07-12-2020, 05:51 AM