Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
How food stamps/Medicaid/child care subsidies work
(07-12-2020, 04:52 AM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote: I'm one of the poor people on SNAP (food stamps) so I appreciate your thread.  Having to update my case or whatever it's called every 6 months is getting to be a pain now that Covid has shut down all the needed offices I used to go to to get the required documents.  Same with my county health insurance (every 8 months).  Now everything is done via Zoom or Skype.  Once approved I have to wait on the documents to arrive by mail or by email to find someone to print these out.

Being disabled and old school per the workings of the internet this is getting to be a headache.

My main concern right now is that I am expected to find out, from the judge, the final results of the appeal to my Social Security disability hearing any week now.  I want to plan on receiving approval so that I can get on with my life.  I've been stuck living with my parents for over 6 years now.

The help that I am asking about is in part with housing as I am determine to move as soon as I can.  I just get bewildered trying to read about what housing discounts I can get and how to go about doing so.  Then there is the need to select the best health insurance through Medicaid/Medicare.  This mess is beyond my understanding.

I cannot begin to imagine what you’re going through. So sorry to hear that. I hope and pray you get SS disability. It is so hard. My Dad had to hire a lawyer after being turned down twice. Housing is a whole nother thing too. I found the housing thing imcomprehensible when I worked for human services. Hang in there and don’t give up.

EDIT: If you haven’t already contacted your county housing, do so ASAP. Get yourself on the list for Section 8 as soon as you can. Most places have years long waiting lists for section 8 housing.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How food stamps/Medicaid/child care subsidies work - by ChiefD - 07-12-2020, 05:10 AM